tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michellejayne
    Options
    Bump
  • Renee2214
    Options
    I decided to try this for my birthday Friday. I used a chocolate fudge cake mix with Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I put the batter in two 8 inch round pans. Once done I let them cool and decided to make sugar free fat free chocolate fudge pudding and put it between the two layers and then on top. Topped again with light whipped topping. It was so good. My friends wanted seconds and they hate sugar free everything. :-)
  • tamelab
    Options
    I decided to try this for my birthday Friday. I used a chocolate fudge cake mix with Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I put the batter in two 8 inch round pans. Once done I let them cool and decided to make sugar free fat free chocolate fudge pudding and put it between the two layers and then on top. Topped again with light whipped topping. It was so good. My friends wanted seconds and they hate sugar free everything. :-)

Sounds great. I am going to try this tomorrow. Thanks!
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have also made a spice cake and used a can of pumpkin. Nothing else, just a can of pumpkin. It is yummy. If you make the coke cake and put it in muffin cups you really don't need any frosting. My grandsons love the cupcakes.
  • denny4
    denny4 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hmmm. NEVER-in a million years - would have thought of this. Can't wait to try it out and take it to work. Think I know what I'm doing tomorrow night!
  • BunnyzBebaH
    BunnyzBebaH Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BUMP :) This sounds quite yummy..great idea for still being able to have "birthday cake" After all, we don't need to give up everything that is good in life :wink:
  • caroldavis
    Options
    strawberry cake mix with 7-up is really good!
  • candylea
    candylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did strawberry with diet ginger ale. It was very good.
  • tracylp
    tracylp Posts: 14
    Options
    BUMP TO TRY LATER
  • flipebi
    Options
    I am definitely intrigued. I have to go buy cake mix for my daughter's 7th birthday party, so I will just throw in an extra box and make a cake for ME! I'll let you know how it goes. Time to go run on the treadmill for a while (went over my calories for today).
  • izbet106
    izbet106 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tamelab
    Options
    I have also made a spice cake and used a can of pumpkin. Nothing else, just a can of pumpkin. It is yummy. If you make the coke cake and put it in muffin cups you really don't need any frosting. My grandsons love the cupcakes.

What size can do you use? You just mix the cake mix with the pumpkin and bake as directed? My hubby would love this, thanks!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I made the devils food reduced sugar with diet a&w...I'll report back!
  • tamelab
    Options
    I made a strawberry cake with diet gingerale. I didn't use anything for the topping and it is fabulous. I never would have come up with this idea, thanks!!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sounds yum!!!! I'll have to try making one soon!!!
  • melissahager
    Options
    I have had the chocolate cake mix with pumpkin. You can't even taste the pumpkin and it is soooo moist!
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use a 15oz. can of pumpkin. Just a normal can size. I have also put pumpkin in a carrot cake mix. Both are delish!!!
  • kayvill
    Options
    i can't wait to try it!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    bump