Diet Soda Cake

Options

Replies

• Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    bump... for the next cake I bake!! thanks!
  • Keegiejae
    Keegiejae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Has any one tried the soda +brownie mix and creating cookies out of it? Just curious about the results if you did :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Okay so I made this with Diet Dr Pepper and reduced sugar Devil's Food cake. It was good, but I don't know...it was kind of chewy. I used two egg whites as this recipe suggested. What should I have done differently? On the box, it calls for 1 1/2 cup of water...I went by this recipe and omitted the water. Should I not have done that? I think next time I might skip the egg whites, or just try one instead of two.

You know, could it have been because I don't have an electric mixer? I whisked it by hand...maybe it wasn't as fluffy because of that.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marissa4354
    Options
    bump!
  • mabella17
    Options
    I really like the butter cream cake with diet sprite YUM !
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Do you guys use anything for frosting?

Mix a tub of Cool Whip with powdered Jello pudding mix and spread it as frosting... SO good :love:
  • Stacey82
    Options
    Bump...can't wait to try some of these!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    [Definitely use Cool Whip as a topping.
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I use lemon cake mix, 1/2 box lemon pudding mix with diet sundrop. For the topping I use FF cool whip with the other 1/2 of the lemon pudding mix and 1/3 box of low fat cream cheese. It is yummy!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How do I "bump" a post? I want to keep this current so I can try a recipe or two this weekend!
  • mrsgiffin
    mrsgiffin Posts: 122
    Options
    i agree!!! I dont know how to bump either???
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just by posting , you "bump" the thread to the top.
    This is done so the thread doesn't get buried and you can find it easily.

I do have a question though, does anyone have a calorie count for this?
    How do I log this? How big is a serving etc?

I would make this tonight ,,,,,but I'm out of calories,
    But tomarrow let us eat cake!
  • xonophone
    Options
    Just by posting , you "bump" the thread to the top.
    This is done so the thread doesn't get buried and you can find it easily.

I do have a question though, does anyone have a calorie count for this?
    How do I log this? How big is a serving etc?

I would make this tonight ,,,,,but I'm out of calories,
    But tomarrow let us eat cake!

I would divide the total number of calories in the dry, unprepared mix by however many slices you are cutting to get the calorie count.( If you add the egg whites, then add those calories to the tota prio to dividing) Then, of course you need to determine how much topping you are using to calculate those calories as well.....so all in all I don't think this exactly a low calorie treat, but I guess it is lower than traditional cakes, when you just have to satisfy that sweet tooth!
  • Delley08
    Delley08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I went to make this yesterday only to find out I didn't have any diet pop.....Ok I had an Orange Supreme cake mix....so, I added a cup of orange juice and approx. 1/2 of club soda ( enough to get the batter to right consistancy). Topped with Sugar Free Cool Whip. OMG! It's like eating a Dreamcicle (sp). Hubby loved it!
  • ragmama
    Options
    Interesting! Here I was thinking that cake was out of the question forever more...definitely going to try this soon! :)
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I made cupcakes.

Chocolate and diet dr. pepper.

so good.
  • xonophone
    Options
    Today I make yellow cake with sprite zero. I sliced some fresh strawberries on top prior to baking, then topped with fat free cool whip. Soooo good and only 175 calories per serving! In fact I was under my calorie goal for today because of extra exercise so I had a second helping for a snack :bigsmile:
  • candylea
    candylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can try it tomorrow.