Diet Soda Cake

Options
aos213
aos213 Posts: 6 Member
This is actually unbelievable....I tried it without the eggwhites and it was just as good.

1 (18 ounce) box dry cake mix (any flavor)
10 ounces diet soda (any flavor)
1-2 egg white (slightly beaten, optional but cake stays together better and is fluffier)

1. Mix the dry cake mix, the diet soda, and the egg white(s) until well blended.
2. Pour into a 9 X 13 sprayed pan or prepared cupcake tins.
3. Cook according to the directions on cake mix box.
4. Slice into 12 pieces - 4 points per slice.

Suggested Combinations: * yellow cake mix / diet lemon-lime soda (with a dollop of Cool Whip -- tastes like a "Twinkie") * orange cake / diet Mountain Dew * cherry chip cake / diet cream soda * diet lemon-lime soda / lemon cake * angel or yellow cake / diet orange * white cake / diet peach soda * spice cake / diet lemon-lime * diet ginger ale / white cake * diet cherry soda / chocolate cake * Diet cola / devils food or chocolate mix * diet vanilla coke / chocolate cake * devils food cake / diet Vanilla coke * diet root beer / chocolate cake * diet cherry coke / chocolate cake * marble cake / diet cream soda * lemon cake / tangerine Diet Rite *.

Replies

• dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    For anyone that has tried this............ What is your favorite combination of cake/soda?
  • aos213
    Options
    Yellow cake and sprite zero!
    its amazing!
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just made reduced sugar yellow cake mix and mixed 12 ounces of Sprite Zero then baked and spread half of it with reduced sugar vanilla frosting once it cooled down....the batter AND the cake were both delicious!!! YUM!!!!!!!!! :love: hmmm, maybe we need to make another, it cured the sweet tooth too :)
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yellow cake and sprite zero!
    its amazing!

Here's to Sprite Zero and Yellow Cake mix :drinker:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Do you guys use anything for frosting?
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I teach this recipe in my classes....
    White cake and cream soda (that's my students favorite).

I usually have whipped cream on it.
    I have purchased the whipped vanilla frosting and my kids enjoy that, but it makes it crazy sweet!
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to try this!! Thank you!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    White Mix with Diet Orange Crush or Diet Cherry 7up. Cool Whip for icing...Yummers!:happy:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    bump
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I just made reduced sugar yellow cake mix and mixed 12 ounces of Sprite Zero then baked and spread half of it with reduced sugar vanilla frosting once it cooled down....the batter AND the cake were both delicious!!! YUM!!!!!!!!! :love: hmmm, maybe we need to make another, it cured the sweet tooth too :)

I always wondered if the reduced sugar mixes tasted good!
    I will need to try this!
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    bump
  • aos213
    Options
    i've also had chocolate cake with diet coke/diet dr. pepper.

if you are craving a little bit of chocolate, it is equally delish!

also try with berries on top. Yum!
  • cdh1234
    cdh1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Canned peaches, white cake and sprite. But, you do not mix all together. Put peached on bottom. Sprinkle on cake mix. Pour sprite on top and bake. Not mixing it causes some of the cake mix to stay on top and get crunchy like a crumble.
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I know what I'm making tomorrow!
  • francis904
    francis904 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love the diet coke and chocolate combination with fat free cool whip on top. My inlaws that don't even diet request it for family get togethers. It is very fudgy almost like a brownie cake.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    strawberry cake and diet sprite topped with fat free cream cheese and fat free cool whip
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Canned peaches, white cake and sprite. But, you do not mix all together. Put peached on bottom. Sprinkle on cake mix. Pour sprite on top and bake. Not mixing it causes some of the cake mix to stay on top and get crunchy like a crumble.

OH! That's a great idea! I haven't ever tried that but my family adores cobbler/crumble type dishes!
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Sounds wonderful! Do you bake it in a 9 X 13 pan, also?
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just mixed up Chocolate Devils Food Cake and Diet Pepsi and it actually tasted really good! I was completely skeptical but so far so good! I also omitted the egg whites. I'll go to the store later to pick up some whipped cream and see how it tastes! Thanks for this post...I would have never believed this would work! :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Bumping to make this tomorrow!