Diet Soda Cake

Options

Replies

• feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    this sounds so good. does anyone know how many calories 4 'points' is?
  • denny4
    denny4 Posts: 11
    Options
    Tried two recipes tonight! These were WONDERFUL! Learned some things along the way too.

In this first recipe I should have used two egg whites because it didn't stay together so well, but it had risen well when baking so I could have made more cupcakes out of it.
    Devil's Food Mix - (12 svg/box x 180 cals) = 2160 cals
    Diet Dr. Pepper - 0 cals
    1 egg white - 17 cals
    / 15 cupcakes = 145 calories each

This one didn't rise as well so is a more flat cake. I made this in a 9 x 13 pan. Used 2 egg whites and it stays together better.
    Strawberry Cake Mix (170 cals per svg mix) = 2040
    Diet 7 Up - 0 cals
    2 egg whites - 34 cals
    / 15 pieces = 138 calories per piece

Hope that helps those of you looking for calorie counts. You'll have to keep an eye on the cake mix that you buy as I noticed some had higher calorie counts than others.
  • volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    So these cakes really taste good even w/o icing?
  • elle23
    elle23 Posts: 19
    Options
    WOW!!! I made a batch of cupcakes this morning with reduced sugar yellow cake and sprite zero. THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!! I also used egg beaters 100% real egg whites. I bought cool whip to top it with and didnt even need to use it. My boyfriend, who doesn't like any "healthy treats" devoured 4 of them already. I can't wait to try different combinations.

Definitely worth trying!
  • omerrick
    omerrick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was given this recipe by a friend I haven't tried it yet but it sounds really good.

Erin’s Angel Food Cake

You put the whole can of Pineapples, juice and all.

1 box name-brand Angel Food Cake mix
    20 oz can crushed pineapple

Combine the cake mix and the pineapple. Mix well.
    Bake in a 9X13 baking dish for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Makes 12 Servings. . .(if you don’t use a name brand angel food cake it wont get fluffy, it flattens out on you.)
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I made my first (but not the last!) one yesterday. I used a reduced sugar yellow cake mix with a can of diet orange crush. YUM! I only got one piece of it and my kids gobbled up the rest. I will be trying this again only using muffin cups instead of a cake pan because I found it a little difficult to cut.
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if it would work with sparkling water (like perrier)?
  • volks80
    Options
    I made cupcakes this weekend (chocolate cake and diet dr pepper) I added 2 egg whites and they were gobbled up!
    I think I may try diet cherry coke next time.

Oh and def trying that angel food cake thing, thanks!
  • hrein
    hrein Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • tamarads
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump!!! Sounds great!
  • rnmommy
    rnmommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hgrabo0418
    Options
    Bump
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I usually make the cupcakes with Devils' food cake, and a can of diet cherry cola. I do add 1-2 eggs as well, and then you can calorie count it easily by adding all the totals together, and dividing by the number of cupcakes that you eat. I also freeze them in gallon size bags, and then when you want a treat, you can take ONE out. my husband LOVES these with ice cream, and I don't usually frost them. IF I take them somewhere I usually frost with FF Cool Whip.
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for this recipe, I'm going to try it tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    :smile: OK, I made a yellow cake mix with the 2 egg whites and the zero sprite. I made this into cupcakes and it was great. I top mine with a small amount of coolwhip. Next week I'm going to try german chocolate cake mix with another kind of diet soda. I'm hooked and my husband likes it too.:wink:
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks i'm glad to see you can make them without eggs too... My mother in law eats nothing with eggs in it so this is something i can even make so she can enjoy too!! I def want to try this sometime maybe Valentines day?
  • 8sheila8
    8sheila8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! I CANT WAIT TO TRY THIS!!