Diet Soda Cake

Options

Replies

• circleflyer
    Options
    I just made yellow cake with fresca and it was soooo yummy. I did cupcakes so they were only 84 calories each and that is with using 2 egg whites (egg beaters) for 1/2 the box... accident, meant to use 1 egg white. didn't do anytopping but the whip cream would be good. I really wanna try something with dr pepper or rootbeer next
  • mlove1307
    Options
    Making funfetti and diet sierra mist with my suite-mate tonight!! Sooo excited!!!! :]
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    My next one will be a white cake mix, 2 egg whites, diet cherry sprite and after it cools I'm going to poke some holes in it and make a jello poke cake with the sugarfree cherry jello.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hcwhipple
    Options
    bump- for later. these sound so yummy!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    my husband can't stop eating them....i make 30 cupcakes so then the cals are only 68 cals each...i made some on friday night to take to my "ladies day" today..my one co-worker turned her nose up at me when i first told her about them, so i brought one to work the next day for her try, and she loved it....so i had to make some to bring with me today....i find i have to make them and let them sit over night so that the aspertaine taste dissolves....i cannot eat one right after i make them
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I just tried this tonight. I made a little change to see what would happen.

1 cake mix Swiss chocolae.
    1 diet dr pepper (590ml)
    1 cup of water
    3 egg whites.
    100 chopped almonds.
    10 scoops of protein powder.

Since I was adding the extra dry ingredients I added the full bottle of diet dr. P instead of a can and then it was still thick so I added some water.

It turned out great I made 30 cupcakes at 145 calories each.

The protein powder and almonds were added to make it a 40-30-30 cupcake.
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    :smile: I made my diet soda cake with a white cake mix, 2 egg whites, 10oz of zero sprite. After it was baked a mixed a box of sugar free jello with 1 and 1/2 cups of water. I poked holes in the cake and poured on the jello. Let it stand in the ref. for a couple hours and enjoyed. It was GREAT! 12 servings at about 170 calories a serving. (Or 12 large cupcakes):smile:
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    lemon cake and diet mountain dew with a lime glaze. Just yummmy! I take it to gatherings and people are always surprised to know its a healthier version.

Ooooh, vanilla cake and diet root beer is good too.
  • smelliott
    Options
    Sound delicious - will have to try these.
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :)
  • srhc0416
    srhc0416 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used a chocolate fudge cake mix and diet root beer! Very yummy with some strawberries and whipped cream or just by themselves! I didn't use egg whites in mine though and they turned out very moist.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was given this recipe by a friend I haven't tried it yet but it sounds really good.

Erin’s Angel Food Cake

You put the whole can of Pineapples, juice and all.

1 box name-brand Angel Food Cake mix
    20 oz can crushed pineapple

Combine the cake mix and the pineapple. Mix well.
    Bake in a 9X13 baking dish for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Makes 12 Servings. . .(if you don’t use a name brand angel food cake it wont get fluffy, it flattens out on you.)
    I will have to try this angel food cake recipe. I don't like anythig with aspartame in it........so am leery of making the pop/cake recipes, but this sounds great & angel food has less calories and fat usually anyways.
  • angelwings2000
    Options
    I went to make this yesterday only to find out I didn't have any diet pop.....Ok I had an Orange Supreme cake mix....so, I added a cup of orange juice and approx. 1/2 of club soda ( enough to get the batter to right consistancy). Topped with Sugar Free Cool Whip. OMG! It's like eating a Dreamcicle (sp). Hubby loved it!
    This one sounds wonderful to me to!! Yummy!!
  • angelwings2000
    Options
    I was given this recipe by a friend I haven't tried it yet but it sounds really good.

Erin’s Angel Food Cake

Makes 12 Servings. . .(if you don’t use a name brand angel food cake it wont get fluffy, it flattens out on you.)
    I will have to try this angel food cake recipe. I don't like anythig with aspartame in it........so am leery of making the pop/cake recipes, but this sounds great & angel food has less calories and fat usually anyways.
    OKAY everyone, this cake is to die for!!! My whole family loved it and it is fat free!
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options

Erin’s Angel Food Cake

You can try the all natural soda Zevia. no artifical sweetners!!!
  • angelwings2000
    Options

Erin’s Angel Food Cake

You can try the all natural soda Zevia. no artifical sweetners!!!
    I will have to look for that.......thanks!
  • Cranny
    Cranny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think i'm going to try this for St.Patty's!!

I just started getting into Cake Decorating - and I make things for the office on holidays. But now, with me wanting to loose the weight, I think this maybe a great alternative! Everyone here will still get their goodies, and I can have one too!

Think I will do some cupcakes - Maybe Chocolate with Dt. Cola and some whipped topping

QUESTION: I'd like to tint the topping green - has anyone tried this before??

Thanks for the recipe!
  • andnothinghurt
    Options
    i was so beyond skeptical but just tried this the other night and was really impressed!
    i tried a chocolate cake mix with 160 cals for 1/12 a serving, mixed it with cherry coke zero, and put in a tsp of almond extract. it was soo good, def will be making it again. i'll have to try one of these frosting ideas next time.... :flowerforyou:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! Thanks for the recipe - Sounds yummy :)