Diet Soda Cake

Options

Replies

• divandisguise
    divandisguise Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    this is a great frosting for a white or yellow cake: 1 small container coolwhip
    1 box vanilla pudding (dry)
    1 can crushed pineapple (drained)

mix and frost

i have a full fat cake that uses this as the frosting- it is delicious, but can be delicious, low fat
    and lower calories on the diet soda cake (this makes a very light and moist cake- great
    for spring and summer)
  • mamaoftwo
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump. I've never know what people meant when they typed 'bump" into a thread. Now I do!!! lol!! Can't wait to try this:happy:
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    interesting. definitely trying this one out!
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Canned peaches, white cake and sprite. But, you do not mix all together. Put peached on bottom. Sprinkle on cake mix. Pour sprite on top and bake. Not mixing it causes some of the cake mix to stay on top and get crunchy like a crumble.

Has anyone made this version? I need to take something to work on Wednesday and I was thinking about trying this.
  • vixey2906
    vixey2906 Posts: 30
    Options
    Soda is fizzy drink right? I've never heard of putting it in cakes?!? Does it taste of the drink?!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    No, it doesn't taste of the drink. It pretty much tastes like cake. Read some of the earlier posts - there are some yummy ideas! Most are just cake mix and diet soda.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Well, in case anyone is wondering, I made the cake with peaches, yellow cake mix and diet sprite. I sprinkled some cinnamon on top before baking too. It came out pretty good. I took it to work and got a few compliments.
  • michellejayne
    Options
    bump
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump... thanks
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • randalion
    Options
    How many calories does this end up being?
  • kbeachlovitt
    kbeachlovitt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree! This is my favorite!!!
  • Claimus
    Claimus Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    There are lots of really neat combinations listed here. I can't wait to try some of them out. We've got a lot of celebrations coming in the next couple of months where a cake is nice. I'll definitely be trying a few of these.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I tried my first one today, devil's food with diet dr. pepper! Delicious, but I had to eat it with a spoon because it crumbled. That's fine with me though. Next time I need to buy the reduced sugar mix though, but the store I went to today didn't have any, it was a small grocery store. I'm not going to make too many of these just for myself though, but it's great to have the idea when planning on sharing with others!
  • NancyBallard
    NancyBallard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you use a 12oz can of soda?
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yes a 12 oz can of soda.

I made mine into cupcakes that way the portions are premeasured!
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump:bigsmile: