bump!!
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump :-)
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also like a can pf pumpkin mixed in a Carrot Cake or a Spice Cake. But i have found that pumpkin is hard to find this time of year. I will need to wait a few weeks.
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    * % * bump
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Opinions... Making cupcakes this weekend for a friend's birthday...

Devils Food Cake

+

Diet Dr. pepper/ Coke Zero/ Cherry Coke Zero.

Which one of those sodas should I do?? Which have you tried and loved?

I am going to pair it with the vanilla frosting (vanilla pudding + coolwhip).

:)
  • kmmschaefer
    kmmschaefer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rylane7
    Options
    Bump...going to try it this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    bump! I have half a box of Spice Cake mix left. Was thinking of doing chopped apples, cinnamon + a little brown sugar, topped with the cake mix and then half a can of diet coke zero or sprite zero (similar to the peach crumble recipe from earlier in thread)...

Any suggestions on baking this or how it will turn out with the fruit? Ultimately I am hoping it will be like the love child of an apple crisp and an upside-down apple spice cake.
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yum I love cake! BUMP =D
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Opinions... Making cupcakes this weekend for a friend's birthday...

Devils Food Cake

+

Diet Dr. pepper/ Coke Zero/ Cherry Coke Zero.

Which one of those sodas should I do?? Which have you tried and loved?

I am going to pair it with the vanilla frosting (vanilla pudding + coolwhip).

:)

i haven't made them yet, but when i do, i'm gonna do the devil's food cake with the cherry coke zero! :)
  • chronosfire
    Options
    This is the greatest idea ever! I was skeptical, but I made it and loved it!
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'd be scared to mix a diet drink (artificial sweetener) with the cake mix which has real sugar in it. A Dr. once advised me to never mix sugar with artificial stuff.

But I like the ginger ale/spice cake, and the cream soda/french vanilla cake combinations! I would just use a soda with another form of natural sweetener instead of aspartame.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'd be scared to mix a diet drink (artificial sweetener) with the cake mix which has real sugar in it. A Dr. once advised me to never mix sugar with artificial stuff.

But I like the ginger ale/spice cake, and the cream soda/french vanilla cake combinations! I would just use a soda with another form of natural sweetener instead of aspartame.

I was going to ask a question about this. 1- is it ok to do that; and 2- how does it taste? Can you taste the artificial sweeteners in the cake from the soda? Because I hate, really cannot stand, diet soda. I'd like to try something like this but if you can taste the aspartame (or whatever it is) AT ALL I know that neither my husband nor I will be able to eat it.
  • michele0101
    Options
    bump
  • wtbyerdocmd
    Options
    This sounds tempting. Has anyone looked at the calorie count since there is sugar in the mixes? Also with all the "reduced sugar" it sounds like a lot of artificial sweetener which can still cause some people to spike insulin, cause cravings.... but it does sound like a nice occasional treat, I might try it for Christmas!!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    This sounds tempting. Has anyone looked at the calorie count since there is sugar in the mixes? Also with all the "reduced sugar" it sounds like a lot of artificial sweetener which can still cause some people to spike insulin, cause cravings.... but it does sound like a nice occasional treat, I might try it for Christmas!!

I agree with this sounding tempting. How do you figure the calories though? Add everything individually in a recipe?
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    BUMP
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    bump :love: