Diet Soda Cake

Options

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    All my friends always LOVE these.

I usually cake a white cake mix and some fruity soda (usually orange or strawberry, but I've done Black Cherry, and even Fruit Punch) and one whole egg.
    They are soo moist (more moist than regular cakes) and fluffy (almost like an angel food cake).

Oh, and another flavor you could use is Strawberry cake mix and strawberry soda- some of the richest cake I've ever had!!! :D
  • dukefanlisa
    dukefanlisa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this! I have a huge sweet tooth so this will be great! :)
  • spike1380
    spike1380 Posts: 82
    Options
    Lemon Poppy bread and 12oz of Fresca. Cooked in 2 round cake pans for about 25 minutes. Cut each into 8 pieces. 114 calories. Really yummy.
  • dmvbnoslo
    dmvbnoslo Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I tried it with gluten free cake mix, but it didn't work very well... bummer :-(
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :love:
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ElmFive10
    ElmFive10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds amazing, can't wait to try!
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    phew...i feel a little dizzy LOL...don't know if it's the asp. or if i'm just paranoid :S

I think your paranoid.

yeah, i think your right...LOL....my hubby sure has gone to town on them...i just haven't told him yet how they were made LOL...i made 30 cupcakes that's 68 cals per cupcake :)

If you don't like the fizz taste, you can try what I do: I skip the pop altogether; I replace the oil by applesauce, and I replace the eggs with egg whites. Its not a lot more calories, and its healthier.

I do the same, replace 1/3 cup oil with 1/3 cup applesauce (50 calories) and the eggs with egg whites. Moist and tasty, and a bit more healthful, especially when they are kids involved. :wink:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I also use a greek yogurt frosting I found on this site...super yummy and way less calories.

http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2009/05/greek-yogurt-frosting-healthy-frosting.html
  • CRUISINLOSER
    CRUISINLOSER Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to try this!!
  • CRUISINLOSER
    CRUISINLOSER Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to try this!!
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I made French Vanilla cake with diet cream soda....and fat free cool whip on top! Yum!
  • fee26
    fee26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • groveboy
    Options
    Check into cooking and or baking with Aspetame. I heard it's not safe. I made cola chicken and used Diet Rite Soda, I know the sweetner in that is ok to heat up.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump
  • razorbecky
    razorbecky Posts: 134
    Options
    bump
  • DannielleKirkland
    Options
    Bump :love:
  • DannielleKirkland
    Options
    Bump :love:
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I recently tried the diet soda cake. I did chocolate mix with diet dr. thunder. I was skeptical. My husband loved it. He even asked if we could make it this way from now on. I am very excited about this due to the fact he can get kinda picky.