• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Good luck Rach!!!! Hope you get it!!!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Karin - Have fun!!! and Way to go!!

Rach - Good luck!

2 things from me today - I am going bowling with work today... I wasn't sure if I should count it as exercise. but I decided that I would, and I wouldn't eat any of my exercise calories. I am not sure if bowling really counts though!

The other thing is that I am freaking out about my fat intake. I made a pasta salad the other night, and I know that it is healthy, but there is a lot of fat in it because of the oil. If I go over my daily intake a little, will this slow my progress? Even though it is good fat???
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Karin - Have fun!!! and Way to go!!

Rach - Good luck!

2 things from me today - I am going bowling with work today... I wasn't sure if I should count it as exercise. but I decided that I would, and I wouldn't eat any of my exercise calories. I am not sure if bowling really counts though!

The other thing is that I am freaking out about my fat intake. I made a pasta salad the other night, and I know that it is healthy, but there is a lot of fat in it because of the oil. If I go over my daily intake a little, will this slow my progress? Even though it is good fat???

No. Not at all. I often go over my fat intake because of the amout of nuts I eat. As long as you stay under your calories and try to eat healthy you'll be fine. Heck, did you see the study were the guy lost weight eating only junk food because he stayed under 1800 calories? It may not be healthy over all but it didn't keep him from losing weight. Being over on any one thing won't effect your weightloss.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    So it is one week until Jasper's surgery. Yay!
    I started my 30DS again today. Then I realized I would miss while we are at the hospital. Kind of a crappy time to start but I needed something new. Still going to try and do some kick boxing today too. Aggravated because the scale said I've gained 4lbs since Monday. I know that's not right but it still gets under my skin. So I'm pushing myself extra hard today. It makes me feel like I'm working for it. We don't have really anything to do today besides laundry so it's a full frontal exercise day. Well that and working on finishing my suicide prevention training. Yeah, I'm rambling.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good luck Rach I hope you get the permanent job and a payrise!

I I took my measurements yesterday and compared them with the ones at my heaviest:

My waist has gone from 38" to 33" and my hips have gone from 46" to 41". Couldn't believe I've lost 5" from each!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Congrats, MaryAnne!
  • js775219
    Options

I I took my measurements yesterday and compared them with the ones at my heaviest:

My waist has gone from 38" to 33" and my hips have gone from 46" to 41". Couldn't believe I've lost 5" from each!

Way to go MaryAnne1!

Well I hit a new LOW this morning or 241.2!!!! But it's not "official" so I am not changing my thing-y yet (IDK what it is...oh yea my ticker.)
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Way to go MaryAnne! That's awesome news. Those inches sure speak volumes about your success so far

Karin- So exciting about your new clothing sizes! Very inspiring. Makes me eager for finally reaching a point of doing the same thing (out w/the old, in w/the fabulously smaller new!)

Rach- We'll be pulling for you! Hope the interview goes well. Give 'em hell girl!

Weekly goals are coming along nicely. I shocked and impressed myself last night. Went to the bar for my bf and his friend's weekly "Burger Night" ($2 burgs and $2 Boulevard drafts). Ate my tasty healthy dinner before and did the math to allot myself TWO beers. Instead, I sipped on one, and then asked for a water. Ended the day with almost 200 calories instead of 11! I don't even know myself anymore. Usually, I've downed 3 or 4 beers before others are done with their second! It's definitely a statement about how far I've come and how far I'm going. Now I just need to start exercising this restraint on the weekends :drinker: :blushing:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Congrats MaryAnne!!! Losing pounds is great, but seeing the difference with inches is WONDERFUL!!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Hey, girls just wanted too check in. I'm doing really good on my goals for this week. I have been staying closee to my caloris goals rahter than being way under or over and I haven't skipped a single workout which is major for me. Last night, was definately a struggle with me telling myself to just do it and not give it.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Hey, girls just wanted too check in. I'm doing really good on my goals for this week. I have been staying closee to my caloris goals rahter than being way under or over and I haven't skipped a single workout which is major for me. Last night, was definately a struggle with me telling myself to just do it and not give it.

Way to go Serenity!! I've been the same this week! I can't believe that I have stuck to my workouts!! I think it must be because Christmas is around the corner, and all those gorgeous dresses in shop windows!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Way to go Serenity!! I've been the same this week! I can't believe that I have stuck to my workouts!! I think it must be because Christmas is around the corner, and all those gorgeous dresses in shop windows!
    It feel fabulous doesn't it?! Way better than being lazy.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    It feel fabulous doesn't it?! Way better than being lazy.

YES! And the size 10 skirt I bought this morning certainly helps with the motivation to keep it up!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I've already reached one of my goals for the week. Love it!
    6 days until surgery!
    Errands and working out today. I want to go walk but it's so cold and I don't want Jay out in the cold too long. If he gets sick his surgery is postponed and that would be a nightmare. So more inside running and 30DS. Wooo.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    I've already reached one of my goals for the week. Love it!
    6 days until surgery!
    Errands and working out today. I want to go walk but it's so cold and I don't want Jay out in the cold too long. If he gets sick his surgery is postponed and that would be a nightmare. So more inside running and 30DS. Wooo.

Yay for you!

And I LOVE your hair!!!!
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    Maryanne: congrats on the inches lost, I bet you look so different now compared to when you started.

Hows everyone doing with their goals?

I've drank my water, stuck to my calories and done two workouts so far this week, planning to get another two in at least before sunday but I'm under so much pressure with uni deadlines atm I feel guilty taking the time off to work out!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Goals: I was one cup shy of hitting my water intake yesterday because I had hot chocolate instead. Though I underestimate my morning water, so I might have actually hit it. I'm still hitting the rest. Man am I sore from working out three days in a row. I usually do two days on, one day off, but I won't be able to work out this weekend since I'm traveling so I have to do it all this week to hit 5 days.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hi Pin-Ups

MaryAnne - Congrats on the lost inches! Not all victories are on the scale! You are doing great!

Jaspersmommy - Woo Hoo Another mini-goal met! You are on a roll! Sending positive vibes for Jay's surgery next week!

Kayleigh & Ericaroo - Nice job keeping up with your goals.

It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it and focus.

I have met my goals so far this week and I'm feeling a little tired today and a little sore. It's all good! No pain no gain!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Karen
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Hey girls, I didn't set any goals for this week other than to lose some weight. We'll see if it worked on Monday. I've done really awesome this week though, so I think everything will work out fine. I've gotten plenty of water, lots of fruit and veggies (in comparison to the usual), and I've exercised a lot this week.

That being said, the weekends are always my downfall. One of my best friends is celebrating her 23rd bday, and a group of us are going downtown to bar hop. I'm not usually a fan of bar hopping, but I'm going for her. But after last weekend and having so much water retention from so little alcohol, I've decided I won't drink a drop. Which will be hard because she'll want me to, and to take shots with her too. Not feelin it. I'm over the being drunk thing. I just have to stay strong. Is there any healthy food they sell at bars? Haha Doubt it!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Shameless plug alert! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/135642-46lbs-to-go-halfway-there-w-pics

After all the crap I've been through, and am still going through, it was nice to see that I'm at a halfway point, but kind of scary and a little sad too!

I hope you all are killing it with the exercise this week. I had a great day yesterday, plan to give it hell again today!