how you got fat?

Options

Replies

• crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i had high risk pregnancies and could not exercise from the 6 month on for both of them. complete bedrest!!!!
  • CokerShelby
    Options
    Gained 50 during my pregnancy. Had postpartum and continued to eat for 2. I've only lost 3 lbs... but it's finally happening.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    having lots of cider in the evenings
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Mine piled on after high school. I wasnt cheerleading anymore and didnt realize how important it was to stay active. I was in an abusive relationship and lost all belief in myself. My life got better as I got married(not to the abusive DB, but a nice guy), got my bachelor's and eventually had 2 beautiful boys, but the weight has just stuck around. So now 15 years later I am ready to shed this baggage!!!
    I have hypothroidism which makes losing more challenging, but I am willing to fight for what I want and deserve!! \m/
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    eating up to 4000-5000 calories per day for a long *kitten* time
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Heavy foods, especially cheese and pastry...
    -Macaroni cheese
    -Cheese-laden pizza
    -Belly pork
    -Cream and custard
    -White pre-sliced bread- and lots of!
    -Pies and puddings
    -Tart
    -Old-fashioned puds
    -Cream based everything

I still have all of the above, but in moderation and instead of masses of cheese and pepperoni on a pizza, I have less pizza, more salad and vegetables on top. I've learnt to balance my diet and have more nutrients in it.
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy at first. I gained 50 lbs with my first pregnancy. Didn't know how to get it off, tried so many fad diets hoping for a quick fix. Within a week would be so miserable, hungry and discouraged that I would just quit & binge. I also put on a lot of weight when breastfeeding, it makes me insanely hungry. This past year I've put on 20 lbs. :/ I'm also a huge stress/emotional eater. Oh, and I'd say soda definitely helped put MANY of the lbs on. The past few years I barely drank any water. I had at least 6 cans of soda per day!
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Depression and a cripplingly low self-esteem, paired with living off the food from possibly the worst version of a 'charity food bank' ever - highly processed junk food, almost exclusively. I was 14/15 at the time, and not actually 'fat' - well within healthy ranges, but not as skinny and well-muscled as I had been up until that point. The depression just made things worse over the years and I DID end up actually gaining 30ish lbs. to arrive to where I am now, at 23. It just keeps creeping up with every passing year that I DON'T take action and stick with it.
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Binge drinking, binge eating and being a lazy *kitten*!

Pretty much sums it up lol
  • tushq
    tushq Posts: 3
    Options
    Stress led to

Alcohol
    Late night eating

Further....
    No exercise
    Desk work
  • Demi928
    Demi928 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Marital separation was a contributor, but not putting myself first and laziness was really the culprit. I don't blame anyone else and that's why I chose to get fit and healthy again!
  • ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    Options
    laziness............that engulfs a ton of issues but it all comes down to laziness
  • ChristinaCCRN
    ChristinaCCRN Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Stress and drinking too much to cope with the stress. Thank god I just don't crave it anymore.
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It was a three-step process.

Step 1 - stuff food into my mouth
    Step 2 - stuff more food into my mouth
    Step 3 - repeat steps one and two
    this would be me...:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :drinker: :grumble: :grumble:
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Once I hit 31, had kids,ate their leftovers, buying them snacks (ate those too), then it grew into a "portion control" issue. Not that I ate the wrong foods, I ate too much food . I was ok at 20 when I had my 1st kid, I bounced right back to a size 7/8
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    Donuts, Chicken Wings, Booze, lack of exercise- Been doing great for almost a year straight now
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Loving food
    Using food as comfort
    Loving food
    Being lazy
    Loving food
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxazi1AG181r6aoq4o1_250.gif
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    A twisted view on food.

I would eat desert for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was picky to the extreme. Then there was days where I wuld eat nothing at all and broke the 'fast' by eating an entire store bought pizza that I covered in so much cheese that the fat was dripping from it.

TL;DR
    Thinking making food from scratch would take to long time and be to hard so I made 'easy' and bad choices.