Just an observation....almost scared to post!

Options

Replies

• mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I should have said that I really haven't asked any questions, one or two, barely gotten any response, which is fine, no skin off my nose, as my mom used to say. This is just my observation in general...and from what I've observed, I WON'T be asking any questions.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting or even reading these posts very much until recently, but wow.....has anyone else noticed how mean people can be? I'm afraid to ask any questions for fear of being ridiculed for being utterly ignorant about how my own body works. Yes, I'd like to lose weight; Yes, I realize it takes hard work and dedication; Yes, I am HUMAN and make mistakes, excuses, missteps, etc. No one is perfect.

As I said, just an observation.

Look. Life is cold and cruel. People here are very supportive. What do you want?

Damn I'm so tired of weepy moist people coming and whining because some people on here can be a little blunt. Truth hurts. Deal...

My point exactly to what I posted a few minutes ago...RUDE!

I think it's rude of you going around calling people rude. So there's that.

Is it rude of me to tell you to get a life? I find it funny that people are spending time on here reading topics that people are posting
    and then complaining about it...
    Simple solution...don't read this thread! Go read another one that will suit you.

Right back at ya, kettle :bigsmile:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Of course people are mean on here.. Most are starving and cranky!! :explode: LOL!! :tongue:

wrong.

the people labeled as "mean" are the ones who know what theyre doing and get plenty to eat.

it's the whiny, sensitive, easily butthurt people that tend to not know what the hell theyre doing, jump on a VLC diet assuming mfp's numbers are gospel, and then post the threads wondering why theyre hungry since mfp told them to eat 1200 calories a day (but they opt for 1,000 just to speed things up and "kickstart" their metabolism)

derpers gon' derp.
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting or even reading these posts very much until recently, but wow.....has anyone else noticed how mean people can be? I'm afraid to ask any questions for fear of being ridiculed for being utterly ignorant about how my own body works. Yes, I'd like to lose weight; Yes, I realize it takes hard work and dedication; Yes, I am HUMAN and make mistakes, excuses, missteps, etc. No one is perfect.

Look. Life is cold and cruel. People here are very supportive. What do you want?

Damn I'm so tired of weepy moist people coming and whining because some people on here can be a little blunt. Truth hurts. Deal...

Is it rude of me to tell you to get a life? I find it funny that people are spending time on here reading topics that people are posting
    Simple solution...don't read this thread! Go read another one that will suit you.

Kettle? clearly you cant read either and that's where all the problems stem from :yawn:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I've been called rude around here on several occasions. This is very likely because I don't see the value in sugar coating answers or supporting an idea that I find ridiculous.

Ask me if I care. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Kettle? clearly you cant read either and that's where all the problems stem from :yawn:

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

this one is quite suitable. i need a place to post awesome gifs.

tumblr_lz7q1fFAko1qfwtu5o2_500.gif
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    In B4 deactivation
  • TyphonRex
    TyphonRex Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I'm about as new as they come here, and even I could have told you this thread was going to be a trainwreck.

eIYHxiX.gif
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is a nicer place than 4chan.

I gave up asking for help/advice/questions on here. I read up on things, figure out if it works for me, then move on. I'm mostly in the forums for gifs.

tumblr_mx7hhkPNnb1snjubfo8_r1_250.gif

tommy H gettin' his groove on?! I thank you, from the bottom of my heart. And now I need some ice or a cold shower!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I dont think we need another one of these posts :grumble:

I don't think we need negativity.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I should have said that I really haven't asked any questions, one or two, barely gotten any response, which is fine, no skin off my nose, as my mom used to say. This is just my observation in general...and from what I've observed, I WON'T be asking any questions.

Nah...Go ahead and ask questions. Take what you want out of the responses you get. Leave the rest.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    In out of boredom .... oh and the gifs!! :drinker:
  • kittykat925
    Options

:huh:

Nice...yet your diary is completely empty TROberts...makes me wonder if you're a creeper on here...
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

There are an astonishing number of people here who give their time, their talent and their extensive knowledge to new people over and over and over again. Understandably, sometimes they become weary of people arguing with them no matter what advice is given. Of course the favorite topics have already been mentioned but if you don't want a question answered honestly, do not ask it.

The same people who have been labelled "mean," or "the wolf pack" are the same people who have answered my questions (on and off the forums) with grace, patience and kindness. Some of them are my friends, some are not. But all are valuable to me because they've saved me from magic unicorn fixes, injury from stupidity in the gym, and they make me laugh every day.

Don't mistake sarcasm and weariness for meanness. And don't waste the tremendous help these meanies can offer you. They are incredible.

I fully agree.
    I don't think I would have made it as far as I have without some of those "mean" people.

The problem is very rarely in asking the question, even if it's one that's been asked a hundred times. If you sincerely ask for help and are willing to consider the advice that educated and successful people give you, you'll most likely have a pleasant experience here. If you ask a question and only want confirmation or one set of responses (particularly when it has to do with fads, pills, or unsustainable/dangerous methods) you're probably going to get hit with a lot of blunt truth.

When I first signed up, I spent a lot of time just reading through the forums to get accustomed to the culture here and gain plenty of beginner's tips. Then I took note of the people who repeatedly offered the same solid advice and had the success and experience to back it up. I've learned a lot from them.

And as in real life, the internet is comprised of all kinds of people. Some of them really are jerks. But kindness and support do not necessarily equate to hand-holding or telling someone what they want to hear. Good advice may not always sound pretty, but sometimes the best you can do for someone is to provide them with factual information and the tools they need to be successful on their own.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Is it time for butts and cat gifs yet?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh boy :yawn:
  • tanisha88
    tanisha88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    People are mean, I learnt this when I first joined. It's okay though, because people are mean in life, they justify it by saying they are being honest but I was brought up to be polite. You can disagree with people and express that in a polite manner. My dad always taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say just don't open your mouth. When people first join and are trying to make a change, telling them that a diet that they are going to try is stupid isn't helpful it's just patronising. But that's just my 2 cents : )
  • kittykat925
    Options
    I dont think we need another one of these posts :grumble:

I don't think we need negativity.

Yep...all I was doing was saying that some people should lighten up and it turned into a *****fest. I know I'll be as supportive as I can be and that's the truth.
This discussion has been closed.