Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I'm been on the message boards, but I've recently gotten back into a workout routine with Jillian. I'm not sure about what the abbreviations mean, except for 30DS. I had great success with the 30DS about five years ago, and right now I'm alternating between 30DS, Body Revolution Phase 1, and a non-Jillian cardio with Turbo Jam.

I think I hurt my arm with Body Revolution, so I've been avoiding that for a few days. But I'm always looking for any variety I can add to keep me wanting to work out. I'm looking forward to checking in on this board to see what everyone else is up to!
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday - Friday is always busy in our house! Welcome to everyone joining in :D

bree1609 - Welcome, Congrats on getting back to Jillian, she's not easy to love but i do love the results! How is body revolution? I looked at that one but the cost put me off - especially as i know i get results from the others! Hope your arm gets better soon :)

pps7 - Welcome to the 40 in 2014 club ;) great that you have been getting results - stronger is brilliant. Where are you heading for your beach vacation? I'm sure you'll have loads more results in 2 months :)

sc193usa - Well done you for getting your workout in, how did it feel? did you find it better with your co-workers? Thanks for the thoughts, i still felt a bit rough yesterday but better again today :D

lucyloutoo - Welcome :D I've never tried killer buns and thighs, do you get any upper body at all? Glad it is fun - that's half the battle right?!

senoralaura - Welcome :D I've always found the cardio bits of Jillian harder than the strength - I am trying hard to get my overall fitness level up so that feels better - is the body revolution one week per level? Hope it continues to go well :)

Well i managed to fit in a RI30 L1 yesterday but i admit it wasn't my finest effort :( I was still feeling a bit rough but i figure something is better than nothing. Feeling much better again today and i've had an invite to a surprise party in 20 days time so as a mini-goal i thought i'd start the 30DS again and do L1 and L2 before the party. I'm going to take photos and measure rather than weigh (as i find the number on the scale so demotivating if it doesn't fit with what my head thinks it should say based on my effort!) Fingers crossed it will show a difference :) Planning Day 1 in a couple of hours before lunch, i'll let you know how it goes :D How are you all measuring your progress?

Hope everyone has a great day, Di :happy:
  • DebbieSusanne
    DebbieSusanne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just recently turned 40 and I'm on L2 of RI30. Today is my last day of L2. I thought L1 was pretty easy so I thought no problem with L2. Well, it has kicked my butt. I have had to modify most of the plank moves and a few others. :) I try to do Jillian 5x a week and I also do a cardio (zumba type) class 2x a week. I did her 30DS with some friends off and on after work but I didn't do it consistently. I bought both the RI30 and 30DS DVD's and I plan on doing 30DS when I complete RI30. I NEED 30 minute workouts so I'm interested in anything else that is quick but gets a good overall body workout. I try to do Jillian in the morning before work and I try to walk in the afternoon after work on my treadmill before I start dinner except on the days I do the cardio class I only do that on those 2 days.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I should clarify, jm looks like she's having fun, not me!! :)
  • DLD53
    Options
    Evening Everyone :)

Lucyloutoo - :laugh: Jillian always looks like she's having fun! At least if we don't find it fun we get the results :wink:

DebbieSusanne - Welcome to the group :smile: Glad you are getting on well with RI30 - L2 is quite a change from L1 i think and L3 and 4 are mental! Here's hoping for great results for you :smile:

Well, I managed 30DS L1 as planned, and doing the 5 days of RI obviously helped as it wasn't that bad :smile: However...My quads are starting to complain about my stairs now! Interesting to see how i feel tomorrow for day 2!

Happy Jillian-ing everyone :happy:
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I went a bit Jillian crazy in the last few months :laugh: I started with 30DS in October/November, then did RI30 in November/December and as of now I'm alternating Killer Buns and Thighs, BFBM and NMTZ (the latter being my absolute favourite) :bigsmile:
    Feel free to add me if you want an extra dose of support :flowerforyou:
  • srichardallen
    srichardallen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been using Jillian's videos throughout the past month or so.
    I just recently bought Extreme Shed and Shred and have really loved the video and the different techniques and styles of workouts used.
    I also have been impressed with Yoga Inferno.
    I think all of Jillian's videos are great, though.
    It's nice having different videos to chose from every day to switch up the routine.
    :]
  • lizzymcg
    lizzymcg Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do not have the best track record in sticking with Jillian, but always start with good intentions! My record is seven days (30DS), but this time I am going to complete the whole thing this time!

I am currently doing Ripped in 30, on Week 1 Day 6. I am adding some cardio about every other day. I am on a short break (just had a tooth removed :( ) but I'll be back to it in a day or two.

I would love to join this thread!
  • DLD53
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

Welcome lizzymcg, srichardallen and ritornare :smile: Sounds like you are all going great with your Jillian DVDs so far - hopefully we can motivate each other to complete them all and we'll all be ripped, shredded and shedded for ever :laugh:

I am feeling good this morning as i managed to complete day 2 of the shred by 7:30am :happy: Thankfully my quads weren't as bad as they felt yesterday and it was hard work but manageable. Took my pics yesterday too so hopefully i'll have some real results to show for it in 28 days.

Hope you all have a great Sunday :happy:
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I went a bit Jillian crazy in the last few months :laugh: I started with 30DS in October/November, then did RI30 in November/December and as of now I'm alternating Killer Buns and Thighs, BFBM and NMTZ (the latter being my absolute favourite) :bigsmile:

NMTZ is my favorite too!
  • DLD53
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)

Another workout done - Day 3 of the shred and feeling really good about it. Aches and pains gone ... and I'd forgotten that Natalie stops half way through the lunges though! Lightweight :tongue: Hope you are all having a great day :happy:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I have just started level 2 of 30DS and it is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than level 1. Way harder and I plan to get a HRM so I know what I'm really burning. Hearing on here about body revolution and I'm interested, but I really want to finish 30ds first. I didn't do it over the week end and instead went on a 4 mile walk on Saturday and a 2.81 mile run/walk on Sunday.

DLD53: I have to get up at 530 if I want to workout since I have to leave for work by 730 and I have no time after work (until day light savings time changes and I can actually do more outside with the kiddos)

Have a great day everyone!
  • lizzymcg
    lizzymcg Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! Way to go for you early risers, getting up and getting it done! Mornings are challenging for me, so I do my workouts in the evening. I sooo didn't want to exercise today, but I did it! I have found that not thinking it as optional really helps. I even added some extra cardio at the end.

Tomorrow I move on to RI30 Level 2. I have never done it before, and I'm a little scared!

Keep up the good work!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of moving up to level two of buns and thighs tomorrow, just because I'm seeing no results at level one....
    Not going to kid any of us this is because they're already fairly toned! :)
  • sc193usa
    sc193usa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I managed to get in 3 more days of 30DS, so I managed to get 4 done last week, and 1 so far this week, so almost at goal last week. I'm really starting to see improvement on a lot of the exercises, especially cardio. I still can't do pushups well, but maybe they've gotten a little better, I hope....any suggestions? I feel like I'm strong enough, it just seems like I'm doing them wrong, idk.

Overall I'm really liking the workouts, they're quick, and I can recite what Jillian says word for word. My fiance has taken to "jump roping" around the apartment when I'm doing the videos, which provides some comic relief :smile: And I'm starting to see some results. I'm not going to measure until day 10 and my weight is in flux (damn TOM) but I feel smaller. Actually, it's the first time in this whole weight loss process that I am shocked (in a good way) by what I see in the mirror when I catch a quick glimpse, so cheers to Jillian :drinker:

Keep it up everyone! You guys are keeping me on track and motivated!
  • lauraannelambert
    lauraannelambert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a member of curves and we just started a new workout that Jillian Michaels coaches us through and I love it !It is a butt kicker for sure....
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    Options
    I've been doing NMTZ 2x week for the past 2 weeks. The last few times my knees were killing me but today they were fine. Whew.

I cross train with running intervals and Pilates.
  • DLD53
    Options
    Morning All :)

How's it all going? pps7 - glad NMTZ is less painful lately, love that workout. After my 30 shred round i think that will be my next one :D
    lauraannelamb - that's brilliant that you can get some Jillian at your Curves, is it similar in style/content to any of her others?

sc193usa - Well done you for getting all your workouts in :) It is great when you start feeling stronger isn't it :) With the pushups, i tend to do as many 'proper' ones as i can then go back on my knees until i can manage them all, could you maybe get someone just to check you doing one to make sure of form? LOL about your fiance! That must make it all much more fun ;) Long may the results continue - let us know how you get on with your 10 day measure.

lucyloutoo and lizzymcg - how did upping your levels go? Hope you are seeing/feeling the results you wanted :D

cathipa - how are you getting on with level 2 of the shred? Hope it is getting easier for you :D

Going well here :D I managed to get in an early workout today (and still have time to come on here!) I was done by 7am so feeling good. That's day 6 level 1 done for me - might take tomorrow as a rest day, but at the moment i'm enjoying it so probably will keep going :D

Wishing you all a great day, Di :happy:
  • DriRose
    DriRose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hey guys! :)

I'm also restarted Jillian workouts, when I started exercising I did the 30DS - not consistently - and lost about 10 lbs, and now I'm also alternating between BFBM, NMTZ, and Killer Buns and Thighs!

I'm going to TRY to workout daily to counteract most of my meals - my dad does all the grocery shopping and thinks healthy food is overrated - as well as a binge eating problem and my routine is something like:

Day 1: No More Trouble Zones
    Day 2: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    Day 3: A level of my choice of 30DS, Killer Buns and Thighs, OR recover/rest if I'm too sore :laugh:

Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me! :heart:
  • TP2323
    TP2323 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 DS right now. I'm on Level 2 Day 2. You work up a sweat with level 2 but it goes by so quickly. I think level 1 really prepared me for it. I also walk 4 miles a day briskly (takes me a little over an hour) and I am on a calorie deficit. i feel stronger.

I vlog about my 30DS experience on Youtube so if anyone wants to add me, I'm open to sharing.