This is what is wrong with the fitness industry

Options

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I have a Danskin barbell set with pink, orange, blue and green plates. Though they're not big enough for leg work, so I had to buy some ugly plates to mix in.
  • FitForFunKanata
    FitForFunKanata Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Those are some loooooooong arms!
    Hodor!
    I laughed out loud at this! Thanks!

Lol.. Me too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

thats for people that want long lean muscle.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    IDk.

If they made an entire line of pink kettle balls that went heavy (and I was into kettle balls) I'd probably buy them because I like the color pink.

I agree I like pink...I would buy pink plates for lifting, I want pink gloves with orange lacy bits and pink and orange shoes...

so what it's pink.

ETA I don't want to live in a gender neutral society ...I am not a feminist either, I am just a woman who likes pink, I like purple and blue too..and when I had my son...he never wore pink as a baby..if he wants to now fine...he preferred trucks to dolls didn't have much to do with me.
    Like so?

tumblr_m6a9nkpMTI1qfg4g6o1_500.jpg

I would totally buy those.

For sure...that way they know it's a woman lifting those heavy plates up cause no man gonna use pink plates...:laugh:

I might have to go buy some spray paint...:drinker:

ETA they even have a pink box for them....yah
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I have a Danskin barbell set with pink, orange, blue and green plates. Though they're not big enough for leg work, so I had to buy some ugly plates to mix in.

hold the phone, are you saying women can buy weights that AREN'T pink? no F-in way
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    One point is the pink Stopped at the weight of 10 and the other Started at 10.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have to say I tend to use the ones that are colored at the gym I belong to over the non rubberized grey ones for two reasons. 1 I find the rubberized ones easier to grip especially when swinging and my hands start to sweat and 2. because lets face it, they are just pretty LOL. My gym goes up to 25 covered!
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I don't think it was fair to comment on the model's fitness level. Lots of women don't want to be muscular -- and no I don't mean "bulky" or "manly." I mean they don't necessarily want the kind of arms and legs that a lot of the women on this site seem to be shooting for. Some people like to lift light with their girly weights and get it done that way, and you CAN and DO still see results from that, just different ones. I wish more people on this site would see that.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    One point is the pink Stopped at the weight of 10 and the other Started at 10.

sure thats one point. the other point is theres no need to limit yourself to pink weights.

so the pink ones stop at ten. who cares. that doesn't mean your out of options.

you also can't get rainbow ones (or maybe you can, but probably not over 10)

i mean what does this really say? the evil exercise industry is telling you shouldn't lift more then 10 lbs? or people are just being silly complaining that a particular color of weight isn't available?
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options

LOL
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    I don't think it was fair to comment on the model's fitness level. Lots of women don't want to be muscular -- and no I don't mean "bulky" or "manly." I mean they don't necessarily want the kind of arms and legs that a lot of the women on this site seem to be shooting for. Some people like to lift light with their girly weights and get it done that way, and you CAN and DO still see results from that, just different ones. I wish more people on this site would see that.

Agreed!
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options

I agree, I honestly thought she was a little chubby
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, virtually no one needs a 10lb. kettlebell. Even an 18 is kinda puny for most things.

It's embarrassing to admit, but I need my 10lb dumbbell right now for my front raises and I'm at 15lbs for my kroc rows and rolling dumbbell tricep extensions. So thanks. *goes to sulk*
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, virtually no one needs a 10lb. kettlebell. Even an 18 is kinda puny for most things.

It's embarrassing to admit, but I need my 10lb dumbbell right now for my front raises and I'm at 15lbs for my kroc rows and rolling dumbbell tricep extensions. So thanks. *goes to sulk*

Aww, don't sulk, if you lost 62 lbs. you obviously know what is right for your body and your needs. I haven't gone above 5lb. dumbells yet, but they help me achieve my goals and I do lose weight using them. Different things work for different people. Don't let the heavy lifting crowd make you feel bad about YOUR workouts and YOUR progress. :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with the fitness industry. It's doing what it's supposed to... making billions of dollars. The problem is with those who spend their money there.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Sadly, it isn't just the fitness industry. If you pay attention to advertising, you will see the gender difference everywhere! IMHO, the worse offenders are food/cooking (besides beer), fitness, cleaning products, and kids toys/clothes.

Yeah, that's true. I get pretty annoyed when all the cooking/cleaning ads are all for women. My husband does ALL the cooking lol.
    That annoys me too! I wear the apron in MY house! :tongue:
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with the fitness industry. It's doing what it's supposed to... making billions of dollars. The problem is with those who spend their money there.

my sentiments exactly
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    In for pink weights.

a3yr6o.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Pfft I am right there with you.:heart:

I may be able to bench a hundred pounds but i need the tens and fifteens for some accessory lifts. Nothing wrong with that.:flowerforyou:
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    This is what's wrong with all advertising. There's a lot of criticism for the way toys are marketed as well.

ToysRUs-2-550x414.jpg

Someone needs to come up with the Science Princess or something, complete with pink microscope and test tubes. I expect advertising execs to fail our children and society by turning most of our girls into fashion divas, but would some clever script writer with Disney connections please step up and save us? Thanks.