Husband does not get it??

Options

Replies

• Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is this: Are you really so worried about looking hot while running that you would endanger your health and do so in -40 windchill factors? If so I think the problem more than likely lies in your way of thinking, not your husbands. You are likely to get pnuemonia or worse and to be quite honest if my husband decided to run with his shirt off in that kind of weather, I would have to think he was seeking attention.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Not sure of your history - however if it is cold out..then general worry and that is all!! - I have a 20 year old that jogs every day now. The other day it was seriously frozen tears the second you walk out side and she was jogging. I Yelled at her for not wearing more layers etc. And she is following my footsteps in fitness..so not sabotaging her..I just dont want her getting ill!!

My husband who now also follows my footsteps with health at first...did not!! 3 months into it he brings home a 2lb bag of twizzlers and throws them on my lap top!! Now honey...that is sabotaging!

PS
    I threw them back at him and told him I did not appreciate his idea of "thoughtfulness" and would appreciate him not buying me ANYTHING edible unless I ask for it! He then opened the bag and shoved it near me...twizzler lovers...you can attest to this..that was torture!! I still did not cave!!

You will not always get support from those around you...however it is up to YOU and only YOU to keep this going. Regardless of your support you will at times have temptation, you will not be able to get that work out in and you will stress more about fitness / diet than anything else in your life....you have to just pep up your step and keep going...:)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    He said honey you need to put on a coat and hat if your going to run in -40 windchill..

Credit where credit is due - you totally had me up to that point :laugh: - was furiously typing out a response.

:drinker:
  • gwengilroy
    Options
    Hi. This is NOT sabotage on your husband's part. Winter running has it's drawbacks as far as breathing, stitch pains, muscle cramps and cooling down too quickly. He's genuinely thinking of you. Your husband fell in love with you and married you for who you are, not how you look.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Lost faith in humanity.................
    4db26bb112d790b56fcaa934bad0b78808828b10.gif
    sarcasm meters need adjusting

No kidding! LOL

I disagree that anyone's sarcasm meter is necessarily broken.

Problem with Mfp is that for everyone who is being sarcastic, there is someone being dead serious about an issue. It's not like the OP is exactly Amy Poeler or Tina Fey here. I have absolutely no idea who she is or what her sense of humor is or isn't like. So unless she indicates she is being humorous, I'll just take what her text says at face value and assume she is another random person on the Internet with a "problem" that leaves me scratching my head.

There is also the issue of not reading through a thread before commenting. From OP's friends' comments on page 1, it could have been deduced that the OP was entirely tongue in cheek.

(ETA: Not that I'm a "saint" in that department. :blushing:)

Idk, my reading of the OP's subsequent posts led me to believe she was entirely serious. If not, she's really good, cause I have a fairly decent sarc detector...
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Just saying::

The standard Wind Chill formula for Environment Canada is:
    T_{\rm wc}=13.12 + 0.6215 T_{\rm a}-11.37 V^{+0.16} + 0.3965 T_{\rm a} V^{+0.16}\,\!
    where T_{\rm wc}\,\! is the wind chill index, based on the Celsius temperature scale, T_{\rm a}\,\! is the air temperature in degrees Celsius (°C), and V\,\! is the wind speed at 10 metres (standard anemometer height), in kilometres per hour (km/h).[10]

The equivalent formula in US customary units is:[11]
    T_{\rm wc}=35.74+0.6215 T_{\rm a}-35.75 V^{+0.16}+0.4275 T_{\rm a} V^{+0.16}\,\!
    where T_{\rm wc}\,\! is the wind chill index, based on the Fahrenheit scale, T_{\rm a}\,\! is the air temperature, measured in °F, and V\,\! is the wind speed, in mph.[12]
    Windchill temperature is defined only for temperatures at or below 10 °C (50 °F) and wind speeds above 4.8 kilometres per hour (3.0 mph).[11]

Just for curiosity I looked.. The frostbite time @ -40F or -40C is 5 minutes or less.. Not that you'll find me running in those conditions ever!

p8uiw.jpg
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I say runnnn..... run all the way to your high school sweethearts house.

what if he is her high school sweetheart!?? DUN DUN DUUUUN
  • esquire9
    esquire9 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your husband fell in love with you and married you for who you are, not how you look.

How would you know that ? how you look (which is subjective) usually plays a big role
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

what if he is her high school sweetheart!??

i guess she's running to the bedroom then.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

Problem with Mfp is that for everyone who is being sarcastic, there is someone being dead serious about an issue. It's not like the OP is exactly Amy Poeler or Tina Fey here. I have absolutely no idea who she is or what her sense of humor is or isn't like. So unless she indicates she is being humorous, I'll just take what her text says at face value and assume she is another random person on the Internet with a "problem" that leaves me scratching my head.

There is also the issue of not reading through a thread before commenting. From OP's friends' comments on page 1, it could have been deduced that the OP was entirely tongue in cheek.

Idk, my reading of the OP's subsequent posts led me to believe she was entirely serious. If not, she's really good, cause I have a fairly decent sarc detector...

No, not the OP's subsequent comments, the posts in response to OP on page 1. (e.g. "Just Break Up" "leave him for me")

But also, part of it is also being in the forum for a while. You get to know the other posters and their style before too long.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options

My husband who now also follows my footsteps with health at first...did not!! 3 months into it he brings home a 2lb bag of twizzlers and throws them on my lap top!! Now honey...that is sabotaging!

PS
    I threw them back at him and told him I did not appreciate his idea of "thoughtfulness" and would appreciate him not buying me ANYTHING edible unless I ask for it! He then opened the bag and shoved it near me...twizzler lovers...you can attest to this..that was torture!! I still did not cave!!

I just had to say, I thought I was the only twizzler lover in the world! As a matter of fact, I am here because of my love for twizzlers. No joke. I haven't bought any since I realized how much weight I gained by eating bags of them all by myself.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

meh - I think we all get a little extra calorie burn from jumping to conclusions now and again

That only burns calories if you use a "Jump to Conclusions Mat".

:laugh:

People can call us "mean" all they want, but this is one helluva online community. :flowerforyou:

:drinker: :smokin:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No, not the OP's subsequent comments, the posts in response to OP on page 1. (e.g. "Just Break Up" "leave him for me")

But also, part of it is also being in the forum for a while. You get to know the other posters and their style before too long.

A while back, I posted a thread about how my BF commented that the grocery store cashier was pretty and I thought that meant he was calling me fat and ugly and was "all upset" about it.

Not only did an awful lot of people take me seriously, but among the rational people telling me I was being ridiculous, there were quite a few who said he was abusive.

I mean, come ON. People really read something that dumb and thought it was serious? And to help them along, I continued posting really over-the-top, ridiculous things and they still didn't get it.

I think too many people take the world in general far too seriously.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options

PS

I just had to say, I thought I was the only twizzler lover in the world! As a matter of fact, I am here because of my love for twizzlers. No joke. I haven't bought any since I realized how much weight I gained by eating bags of them all by myself.

LMFAO!! ohhhh I could eat them all day everyday :) And I too have not bought ANY since starting. Had a couple out of my kid's halloween bag but refuse to buy them. Those, powdered donuts and cheez-its are NOT allowed in the house haha
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

Oh! lol, I got those!

(tempted to use a gif, now that I know how. don't make fun- i'm nearly always behind the tumblr_mpkzbuukSy1qfy1vvo1_250.gif
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Well, you could fix that for him. I mean maybe he could try to dial up the romance once in a while, but ultimately, you are the one to ensure he gets it or not.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options

PS

LMFAO!! ohhhh I could eat them all day everyday :) And I too have not bought ANY since starting. Had a couple out of my kid's halloween bag but refuse to buy them. Those, powdered donuts and cheez-its are NOT allowed in the house haha

We are a rare breed.....I must send you a friend request. No offense will be taken if you don't want to accept it. :)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've seen you help others on here for martial problems before, and i finally need it..

I was going to go running today.. My husband said it was too cold and that he was worried!! Is he worried that I'm going to get too hot and leave him?? is this sabotage?? I told him that I'm my own woman and I'm doing this for me!! He said honey you need to put on a coat and hat if your going to run in -40 windchill.. But I read that running increases your body temp anyway, so i told him to check the science. plus being cold burns more calories!!

I'm really upset right now!! why doesn't my husband get my fitness journey?? any advice??

tumblr_m534yqpqqx1qckrul.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

A while back, I posted a thread about how my BF commented that the grocery store cashier was pretty and I thought that meant he was calling me fat and ugly and was "all upset" about it.

Not only did an awful lot of people take me seriously, but among the rational people telling me I was being ridiculous, there were quite a few who said he was abusive.

I mean, come ON. People really read something that dumb and thought it was serious? And to help them along, I continued posting really over-the-top, ridiculous things and they still didn't get it.

I think too many people take the world in general far too seriously.

^ that was a classic :drinker:

I got hate mail the time I posted a picture of a big steak and claimed my wife was trying to sabotage me :huh:

Chit, chat, fun, and games . . .
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Which one????