Replies

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Impressive!
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're lookin' great! (It look about 60 pounds down before anyone commented for me...)
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Great job! Sometimes people are stupid and feel like they shouldn't comment.

Nice WRIF shirt by the way!

Thank You! \m/
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I can certainly see a difference in that photo.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 lbs in the past three months and no one in my office has said anything except my boss...I don't know, maybe it's not that noticeable yet ;-)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 lbs in the past three months and no one in my office has said anything except my boss...I don't know, maybe it's not that noticeable yet ;-)
    This was my case for a long time too. People commented on how my hair was growing out long before they would say anything about my weight. It wasn't until I showed up somewhere in rather form-fitting clothes that I received any comments at all.

Losing weight is like getting pregnant. You're all excited about your good news, but people are afraid to comment on it in case it's not good news for whatever reason. Trust me, they notice. It's very noticeable. You look great!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Do men comment about weight as much as women? Perhaps men don't want to embarrass you about dieting? And women don't want to come across as flirting? Maybe men don't want to be seen as flirting or noticing your body either...

Coworkers may hesitate because of harassment laws. Some may be afraid to say "you look great!" and have you reply "I have cancer" or something of the sort. People who have been around you every day may NOT have noticed since it's gradual, especially if they never see you with your shirt off.

ETA: They may also not want a "so you think I was fat/ugly before?" type reaction. I see threads on MFP complaining about well-meant comments.

Anyway, great work :flowerforyou: ! Who cares what anyone else thinks? You look better and feel better!
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow - your 25 pounds lost are A LOT more obvious than my 25 pounds lost (nobody has said anything to me yet either, but I lose equally from earlobes to little toe). You look great. Must be the Alberta winter and all those layers of clothes...wait until spring - bet you will get lots of comments then!! - your fellow Canadian
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well it would help if you would spring for a new t shirt that fit and did not look like it belonged to someone else. You are worth a new T shirt. or 2 or 3 for that matter . At least 2 - one to wash and one to wear. If you are not acknowledging you shrinking bod then others will think that is what you want - no acknowledgement, It is readily apparent that you have shrunk quite a bit and are looking much better and the rest of the world is not blind but they would not want to embarrass you either.
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! If people that don't know you nor have seen you in person can tell the weight loss, you can bet that people who know you definitely have seen difference. Keep it up! =)
  • CarMid9
    Options
    Really!!! There's no way people haven't noticed. You look great!! Good job!!:smile:
  • xtalisterx
    Options
    Dude! Congrats, that is MAJOR progress! You have officially been noticed :)
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    It's impossible that no one has noticed because the difference is astronomical, even your face is more slim - you should be very proud.

They're probably just too polite to say anything or maybe worried if they do, you'll make them uncomfortable by saying something like "So what? You thought I was fat before?" There is also the possibility that if you're not wearing smaller clothing that accentuates your loss that its harder to notice the difference in person.

Whatever the reasoning is, I wouldn't worry about it, you look great, and you're doing something excellent for your health! If you're happy with the results then that's all that matters! Keep up the great work!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Please ...........they noticed. Most times when they mention what you have done, its shed light on their own failures to lose. I tell anyone I notice that has lost weight or has on a hot outfit or nice hair! Not afraid of offending... ha-ha

They are idiots, you freaking look great!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, get some fitted clothes! Be proud of losing and show off!

Carry on!
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    People have notice but in our sick politically correct world they are afraid to say anything for fear of offending you. Believe it or not. But people are afraid to compliment people anymore for fear it will be taken wrong. Go figure. You are lookin good dude.
  • nighthawk327
    Options
    Looking great, keep it up!! I can't believe people haven't noticed either, however... if you feel good, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks :)
  • AlanByam
    Options
    nice job man. if no one has said anything, time for new friends. it's definitely noticeable
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    That's crazy you look great totally see a difference.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    you look fantastic man, seriously.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Thanks again everyone.. Most of you say don't worry about others. I really don't, I just wanted one person, just one to say something.. well I will keep on truckin' and hopefully that one person.. happens. I think I will kiss them.. hope its not a guy! Or a girl who will kick my *kitten*!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!