What to do with tuna

Options

Replies

• anyayz
    anyayz Posts: 6
    Options
    Instead of using mayo when making tuna salad I mix with hummus or plain greek yogurt. That way I get a little more nutritional value. When using the greek yogurt you need to season a little more to get a yummy savory flavor but these substitutions work for me :)
  • courtney_leigh09
    courtney_leigh09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bumping - soo many good ideas!
  • aadhyasiddhi
    Options
    TUNA FISH SALAD recipe
    1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    paprika to taste
    Directions:
    In a large bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
    IT is easy is best way to go with Your Fav Tuna.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Tuna Cakes!!!

*Altered from a Kraft recipe.

2 cans tuna, drained,
    (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix (I use low sodium Stove-Top)
    1 cup Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
    3/4 cup water
    2 green onions, sliced
    1/3 cup light Mayo
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Mix all together and shape into patties (makes about 12). Leave in the fridge for at least 30 min. Heat a prying pan to medium heat, cook patties a few at a time for about 6-10 minutes - turn after 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.

Soooooo yummy!

This sounds really good! Can't wait to try it :-)! Do you know what the calorie count/nutritional info on this is?
    Ran this through the recipe app on MFP and it guesstimated around 135 per serving. Obviously this goes up and down based on the actual brands of mayo, stuffing mix and cheese used.
  • scrocke
    scrocke Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tuna-melts-with-avocado-50400000113033/

I make this with sandwich thins instead of French bread and it is delish
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I mix it with some salsa and shredded cheese. It's surprisingly good!!
  • drummergirl61
    drummergirl61 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try this today :)
  • prettyfacepeach
    prettyfacepeach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I mix tuna with avocado and black pepper. Yummy!
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bumping/following :glasses:
  • fitspo145
    Options
    I looovveee tuna with avocado.

1 tin of tuna
    1 avocado
    Mash together in a bowl with some lemon juice and cracked black pepper.
    Et voila! I usually have it with rye bread or you can just mix it in a salad mix for a yummy salad.

OR Tuna Avocado burgers are another favourite.
    1 tin of tuna
    1 egg
    Wholegrain flour
    1 egg
    Lemon juice
    Parsley
    Pepper
    Mashed avocado

Form into patties and then either fry on a skillet or grill.
  • squeakylynn
    squeakylynn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have a 1.88 KG can of chunk light tuna in water that I have been wondering what to do with. I was thinking patties or loaves. Now I am going to make your patties and a loaf. Lots for the freezer.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bumping for future
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bump to read later! <3 tuna :)
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love, tuna, good job really as I don't eat other types of meat.

Quick and easy for work I just mix with beetroot, which makes it moister, and feta cheese, just a little, which makes it tastier, and serve with a small salad.

At home I might warm up some chopped tomatoes, with any finely chopped veggies you fancy, maybe a dash of soy, or Worcestershire sauce.

If I need carbs I throw it in a wrap with any salad I have lying around, but particularly tomato, which stops it being too dry.

The tuna in oil is not so bad either, I like that with a little garlic and a 3 or 5 bean mix, just stir it all up together.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing! Sick of tuna sandwiches with just mayo and celery or lettuce. Need something new! bump
  • leaner426
    Options
    Tuna Burgers
    a can of tuna, some chopped celery, chopped onion, garlic (one clove or dried garlic), shredded cheddar (or diced cheddar) and Miracle Whip.

Mix the ingredients, put the tuna on hamburger buns, wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350 until the cheese melts and the buns are crusty.

For less bread and a quicker result you can put the mix on a single slice of bread and bake like an open face sandwich in the toaster oven until the cheese is melted. I've even heated the tuna in a microwave and toasted the bread in a toaster and assembled it after.
  • dgray797
    Options
    My mom used to make a tuna noodle casserole. I saute onions with oil spray (butter flavor) . I use low fat cream of mushroom soup, add canned mushrooms drained to veg it up and a package of egg (no yolks) noodles.
  • At3w3ight
    Options
    add mustard instead of using only mayo in the mix. Chop up (fine) celery, onions, olives, bell peppers, whatever you like to give it a more interesting flavor.

This is how I make it and I ABSOLUTELY love it!!! I add a couple different mustards sine they're all low cal or no cal
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Donate the Tuna to your local food bank and go buy some beef... That is the best recipe that I know...:tongue:
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I made a really great salad one day on accident lol. It is a little high on calories for a salad.. but it kept me full so I didn't eat for a while.
    1 can of tuna
    1/2 diced avocado
    1/4 c. diced tomato
    1/4 c. diced mushroom
    1/8 c. sunflower seeds
    2 tbsp sweet crunchy onion
    2 cups of your favorite salad mix
    Toss it all together with fat free ranch, or my favorite, lite raspberry vinaigrette.
    It is really really filling plus you have some veggies and healthy fat in there too.