How often do you eat at Subway

Options

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Barely ever. The subs that actually taste good aren't on the low cal menu, and their six inch subs don't come close to filling me up so I always end up eating a foot long, which usually means I could have had Culver's for the same calorie value (and cheddar butterburgers are better than anything at Subway).
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    When considering eating at Subway, observe its customers for a little. Count the skinny folk going in and out their doors. Check it out, you might get a big surprise. Then ask yourself, what does that tell you?

Ask a nutritionist, the proper, qualified types who work at Dr's offices. They'll tell ya, LOUD and CLEAR.

All the stuff about questionable meat products, yeah, okay, but we humans are omnivores, maybe we kin manage some mystery meat, but cumulatively, it'll get ya.

The BIGGEST problem with Subway is all that Bread. Nothing but worthless carbs. If your diabetic profile is close to the edge-stay away from Subway.

If you're an elite athlete, needing carbs left and right, yer probably okay. If you are cubicle wage slave, keep out of Subway.

Of course, you can always eat better and cheaper at home, but truth is, we all find reasons not to do our own cooking. When we do eat at home, betcha that it's something out of a box or carton, right?

Me, I'm a tightwad, and a puir ole pensioner. Best food is at home. Up yer proteins, drop the carbs.

brendan

Count the skinny folk going in and out of the grocery store. Or Wal-Mart. Or the mall. Or anywhere. America is now the land of the overweight. You're probably going to find the ratio of skinny:overweight people at least 1:1 no matter where you go. Where I live, there are more overweight than fit people. Southern folks like to fry everything and drink a gallon of sweet tea per day. Just because you may see less skinny people in Subway doesn't mean it's Subway's fault.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    nope - not enough protein in their stuff
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I probably eat there about once per month, and I just fit it into my calories. Nothing against subway, but I am just not a big sandwich person. LOVE the Italian BMT though!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    nope - not enough protein in their stuff

Key words are "double meat."
  • jonnythan
    Options
    When considering eating at Subway, observe its customers for a little. Count the skinny folk going in and out their doors. Check it out, you might get a big surprise. Then ask yourself, what does that tell you?

Ask a nutritionist, the proper, qualified types who work at Dr's offices. They'll tell ya, LOUD and CLEAR.

All the stuff about questionable meat products, yeah, okay, but we humans are omnivores, maybe we kin manage some mystery meat, but cumulatively, it'll get ya.

The BIGGEST problem with Subway is all that Bread. Nothing but worthless carbs. If your diabetic profile is close to the edge-stay away from Subway.

If you're an elite athlete, needing carbs left and right, yer probably okay. If you are cubicle wage slave, keep out of Subway.

Of course, you can always eat better and cheaper at home, but truth is, we all find reasons not to do our own cooking. When we do eat at home, betcha that it's something out of a box or carton, right?

Me, I'm a tightwad, and a puir ole pensioner. Best food is at home. Up yer proteins, drop the carbs.

brendan

This is an impressively terrible post, which is saying a lot considering some of the trash I've seen here. Just last night someone literally said that a sugar cube coming in contact with your hand is enough to make your arm muscles weak.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I often have Subway on the weekends. I like the tuna but it's loaded with mayonnaisse. I like Subway over the other sandwich chains because of their vegetables. I pick spinach instead of lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and cucumbers.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Every time that I want to go to McDs....

Better alternative and....

IIFYM!

Best!
  • bethyv1030
    bethyv1030 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't eat subway very often, although I love it. Their subs are really high in calories(mostly the thick bread they use). I find I can save money and cals by making a good sandwich at home!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. This is why I avoid F&N topics like the plague. People believe on so much false information that they make lodging weight a losing proposition. They make it so difficult that people give up after a few weeks. Sodium doesn't make you fat. Processed food doesn't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Stay under calories and hit your macros. it's so damn easy.

Damn Straight!

I don't disagree with your statements about people believing false information. But some people do have other goals besides just losing weight.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

brendan

you are more obese than i am.
    so by your logic, i should avoid anyplace you go to eat.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • jonnythan
    Options

brendan

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Nicely done.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. This is why I avoid F&N topics like the plague. People believe on so much false information that they make lodging weight a losing proposition. They make it so difficult that people give up after a few weeks. Sodium doesn't make you fat. Processed food doesn't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Stay under calories and hit your macros. it's so damn easy.

Damn Straight!

I don't disagree with your statements about people believing false information. But some people do have other goals besides just losing weight.

Thank you, sensible one. I watch my sodium because I have high blood pressure. I also don't want to overpay for a lunch-meat sandwich. I go out to a restaurant because I DON'T want a damn sandwich.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch Mon-Thurs and usually go to Subway Friday if for no other reason than to get out of the office. It's not the best food on the planet but for $5ish bucks what do you expect?
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options

brendan

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Lol!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    tumblr_mwfzx83gyf1r9pgsuo1_500.jpg
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options

Oh my goodness, YES! That place smells divine when they've just taken the bread out of the oven.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Oh my goodness, YES! That place smells divine when they've just taken the bread out of the oven.

It's a very strong scent. I understand it comes from the high amount of yeast they use in their bread. I'm pretty neutral on it. I kinda of like it, but I can understand how some people would find it nauseating.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Never since I got food poisoning from them about 7 years ago....:noway:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    BLTs with double meat all day son.