Instagram Girls

Options

Replies

• run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i agree! only so many times I can see the same pose with big ole fake boobies... sigh
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I still don't get the point of instagram. My understanding is that it is a way for non-famous people to get other non-famous people to follow them for no apparent reason? Someone correct me if I am wrong.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You're incorrect.

It is a photos only newsfeed to show your friends and family your world through pictures, no ads or links or statuses, just snapshots.

It can also be used by companies to share photos of their collections or events to share to other social media platforms.

But like most social media, if people dont care to check it out or understand it, they label it a place for attention-addicts trying to get famous.

Just like they judge everything else they dont understand as automatically being morally bankrupt. Like lifting weights, protein shakes and pink sports bras.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    omg i just saw the funniest graphic on this page - but now I dont see where it was, maybe it was in a ticker.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Well at least you're still following me. :wink:
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    i agree! only so many times I can see the same pose with big ole fake boobies... sigh

I could see it forever.

But it makes me depressed seeing them day after day on IG and the other fitness boards I frequent. All my lifting friends feel the same way. I never see girls like that in real life except on rare occasion. It's like seeing the Lamborghini you will never have (well, I will have one one day ;) )
    Is the misc helping you with having a realistic perception of women?

That's why I quit that hellhole
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I photo shopped once. It did not go well as most of the photo shops were closed and the ones I did find were not to my liking.

So I went home empty handed.

Have not went online yet, maybe I will have more luck there.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I really need to check out IG
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Don't know what instagram is, don't care what instagram is, don't care who's on it, whatever it is.

Edgy!
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options

this.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I agree, but theyre fun to look at.
  • Mrs_K_Ldtke
    Options
    Good. I hope it does ruin your perception of women.

I hope you stop thinking that out of shape, overweight, lazy girls are normal and all that is out there. That girls who lift and take pride in challenging themselves are indeed real.

The fitness chicks on IG are all real people, not media. And we're going to continue to support #flexfriday and we're never going to stop #gymselfies.

You are not alone.

I :heart: this! I can't wait to see all the IGfitness girls at the LA FITEXPO this weekend :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Eh, there's lots more to Instagram than girls. I prefer the boys, myself.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Eh, there's lots more to Instagram than girls. I prefer the boys, myself.

sup?
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Strong friend beg from op.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Well, I never joined Instagram but now I am very curious. I'm glad the men on here appreciate REAL women though. :-) I don't need any more narcissistic social media sites in my life. Facebook is enough. Twitter, Instagram, whatever else is the hot/new thing...I don't really care to try. I prefer real interactions with real people in my life, but that's just me. Apparently, I'm not missing anything.
  • fishnbrah
    Options

I hope you stop thinking that out of shape, overweight, lazy girls are normal and all that is out there. That girls who lift and take pride in challenging themselves are indeed real.

The fitness chicks on IG are all real people, not media. And we're going to continue to support #flexfriday and we're never going to stop #gymselfies.

You are not alone.

lol. theyre not real. they have fake boobs or butts (jen selter) and have their faces airbrushed of blemishes or use filters.
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    Strong friend beg from op.

not sheriff serious. i didnt even mention my IG name ITT
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hot girls are hot; I enjoy looking at them whether they are fake, real, hybrid, etc. I dont feel like it makes me less self-esteem-y at all.

It is nice to look attractive things. Period.

If you feel bad about yourself or lose your perception after looking at certian people or photos, stop it.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options

You are not alone.

lol. theyre not real. they have fake boobs or butts (jen selter) and have their faces airbrushed of blemishes or use filters.

Isn't this true for most ads and pics on the internet?? You can't just blame Instagram. It's our whole culture that is screwed up! I'm glad you posted this topic though. Good discussion. :)