Looking for friends who started over 250lbs and dropping!

Options

Replies

• LauraElizabeth1982
    LauraElizabeth1982 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just started on my journey last week and have been on this site since Thursday, I currently am 380 and my goal is 200 , I could use friends also who are heavyset like me and who are on a weight loss and get healthy journey. ;0)
  • Add me, add me!!!

I'm still coming to terms with how much I weigh, and just can't bring myself to put it out there for everyone else, save to say that I fit your description! Hopefully the more I do this, the more it will help me come to terms with things and one day I'll be posting my success. The bright side is that I've started the journey and have lost some of these unwanted pounds and it would be wonderful to have a few more friends :)
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    started at 249 and now down 87 pounds.....It has been a little over 10 months for me....not easy but can be done...it is a lifestyle change not a diet, i never feel hungry or deprived...always log my foods and put in my exercise.....friend me if you want i will keep you company on this road to good health
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I started at 282 in January 2012, started again at 270 a year ago. I'm at 177 now, with about 20 more to go.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I added you! I'm 22 years old, started at 276, down 10lbs so far! Anyone else is welcome to add me as well!
  • Linda09189
    Options
    started at 240 now 227 just beginning my journey but I'm motivated to change FINALLY, I think you gotta get to rock bottom before you really really want to change and for me it's taken 30 years....I have dieted many times but never stuck to it more then 2 weeks or so....yes I am scared to death, but I know I can do this ........

If you would like to add me please feel free to, however please know that I will look at your diary and tell you point blank honest what I think, some ppl don't like my honesty how ever I'm not hear to sugar coat things I'm here for support, if you want real support add me..........losing weight is the hardest thing, but you gotta want to change, you just can't eat junk food and stay within your calories, you gotta change your healthy.............
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    I started at 356, down to 268 ;).
  • itstime17
    Options
    Hello! I started at 274 in September of 2013 and now am down 39 pounds.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I started a little over a year ago at 268. My current weight is 157. You can do this!!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was somewhere in the neighbourhood of 305 - 310 and am now 170 as of my last weigh in a week ago.I'm aiming for another 35 and then maintain for at least a year with supreme toning efforts so that I can make sure I've crossed all my Ts and dotted all my I's and then see if there's any possibility of medically covered skin removal.

I haven't bothered much to look into adding friends on here yet but feel free to add me if you like.
  • mindysmile4life
    Options
    I just joined the site today. You know how people say you wont lose the weight until you know for yourself you are ready. That is so true. I was never feeling like a whole person and when I started feeling better and treating myself better I started eating my favorite things. Thinking this is my life and if I want my favorite chocolate donut and sprite zero its treating myself good. After 3 months of this I was feeling different and was finally seeing the person in the mirror. Keep feeling better my friend. Put yourself first and love your body by keeping healthy. Your beautiful, amazing, one of a kind, strong, determined person and you can accomplish anything your ready for. Hugzzzz
  • PsychoCygnet
    PsychoCygnet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I peaked at 290 lbs, and now I'm starting to get back down again, after a lot of experimentation to find out what I can eat to keep my cravings manageable and what exercise I can do that doesn't make me fall down a lot and/or make my hip hurt.

I'm pretty quiet on my wall and in forums, but feel free to add me, pester me with questions, etc. :)
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am now your pal but anyone else with similar stats please add me! I am a 36 yr old SAHM to 2 girls....started 3/2011 when my youngest was 3 months old...I was 265lbs at 38 wks (delivered then) and 247lbs when I started MFP. I lost ALOT in the beginning...63lbs total....my lowest was 202lbs. Last year I found to have HYPER thyroidism (yeah, supposed to make you lose weight....only me would get opposite effects! ) Now on meds. I also have elevated Cortisol which makes it hard to lose too! I work out 5-6 days/week and log everyday no matter what! I have become addicted! I gained 15-20lbs back last year and thru the holidays.....I am now at 50lbs lost and shooting for another 45-50lbs.....FIRST GOAL UNDER 200LBS!!! ULTIMATE GOAL= 165-170LBS. I am 5'6 1/2 and curvy. ADD ME!
  • shopperdisguise
    shopperdisguise Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by everyone's stories. My story began in July 2013 at 333. Currently I am 273, down 60.
  • dngerr
    dngerr Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm three weeks into MFP and definitely over 250 I have lost 20lbs as of now. Also, looking for motivation and support to continue through out. Feel free to add me as a friend and anyone else out there.
  • teresajslim
    teresajslim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 298 im now 240 .. and determined to stick at it feel free to add me im on here daily :)
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was... not really wanting to say it but it was much over 250, I'm down 13lbs.
    Add me if you'd like!
  • ldelahanty1974
    ldelahanty1974 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started at 251 and have lost 49.5 pounds in the past 97 days
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    started at 241.5 am down to 223 wanting to get to a goal of 130 or less within a year or so.
  • tolber27
    tolber27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago at 258. Currently I'm at 245 and am working my way toward 175. I'm not totally sure what my goal should be but at 5'10", 175 seemed like a good place to start.

My first nephew was born on January 9th and I want to make sure I can chase him around as much as he'll let me. :). My uncle died of a massive heart attack last year and both sides of my family have health issues that this extra weight won't help me keep away. I decided enough was enough of this lifestyle and now it's on to a healthier future! I already have more energy and am looking forward to what's ahead.

I could use some friends around this place so feel free to add me. I'd love to make this journey with others who get how important and challenging it is!