What was your proud moment today?

Options

Replies

• JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted 100lbs for the first time. It's not that much but I'm old and small so...Yay me!

Don't knock it!
    People throw around numbers like 100lbs like it isn't any big deal, 100lbs is a lot of weight!
    Be proud, don't diminish your achievement!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Already proud, I resisted donut holes at work!
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Switched for a banana instead of chocolate for my last hundred calories of the day. Although, according to the ads on this site that's 'one food I should NEVER eat' ... :ohwell:
  • morethanthis0
    Options
    Switched for a banana instead of chocolate for my last hundred calories of the day. Although, according to the ads on this site that's 'one food I should NEVER eat' ... :ohwell:

You shouldn't eat a banana?! I love banana's!
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked very hard towards my fitness goals in the past 2 days (I have the flu, so I've been keeping the moving to a minimum aha).

BUT, I braved terrible -40 temperatures four times this week and walked the kilometer to the gym to work out! Pretty proud of that! Darn Canada!
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I read recently that Yohan Blake, the second-fastest runner in the world, ate 16 bananas a day! High in carbs and sugar but filling and fueling!

ETA: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/athletics/yohan-blake-revealed-a-diet-of-bananas-1112315#.UuU_elMo7cs
  • otter090812
    Options

Many of the ads on this site are distinctly unscientific/faddish - I wouldn't worry!
  • morethanthis0
    Options

Many of the ads on this site are distinctly unscientific/faddish - I wouldn't worry!

I often gets adds for pilsbury cinnamon roles on this site...*kitten*!
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Even though I was tired this morning I still packed a healthy lunch/dinner for work instead of getting an extra 15 mins sleep & going out to eat.
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I made carrot "cake" mini muffins today.

After lunch I wanted some dessert, just because, so I grabbed one, and Ate half of it, my intention was to eat it all, but I ate half and realized that I wasn't hungry, so I gave the other half to my husband.

I think this is the first time I ever listened to my body.
  • pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning and saw it was under 200lb (199.6lb). I know I was probably only under because I hadn't had as much water as normal yesterday, but seeing that number... I wanted to cry. It's been a long time since I saw that on a scale.
  • morethanthis0
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning and saw it was under 200lb (199.6lb). I know I was probably only under because I hadn't had as much water as normal yesterday, but seeing that number... I wanted to cry. It's been a long time since I saw that on a scale.

That's gotta feel wonderful! I can't wait until I get to that moment too! Good job!
  • melissa3324
    melissa3324 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Today, I did 15 minutes on the elliptical after starting with just 3 minutes. (I mean, when I started, I could only do 3 minutes). Also, I did 45 minutes on a stationary bike, for a total of 60 minutes of cardio. I usually only do 30 minutes.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Well done, everyone!

Today, we hiked (level terrain) for five miles. At one point, my husband said "I don't think you realize how hard you are pushing yourself." I did realize, but a month ago I did a similar walk and only made it to the end because that was where the car was. My pace back was more "plodding" than "pushing."
  • otter090812
    Options

That's fantastic - congratulations!
  • NZ61RL
    NZ61RL Posts: 69
    Options
    Saying "NO" NO to a glass of coke, no to chocolate, no to that slice of bread!

Making the right choice for me makes me proud!
  • spuds1316
    spuds1316 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I managed to run a kilometre on the teadmill without stopping. Considering I was a couch potato 6 weeks ago I feel very proud of myself. Not run like that for 20 years!:happy:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    My proud moment today was when I walked/jogged 1.6 miles today! I'm hurting but I did it!
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Supported my office co-worker in his plan to lose 40 pounds, created his MFP profile today.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Walking 10,000 steps at work (retail) after a week vacation where I never hit that much working out.