Looking for friends who started over 250lbs and dropping!

Options

Replies

• Cdetam
    Cdetam Posts: 1
    Options
    Today is day 1. Start weight u s 250. Add me
  • CristianaBlack
    Options
    I just started today and I'm looking to lose half of my body weight. I'm inspired by all of you and congrats on everything guys!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    good luck to you too
  • dlray5151
    dlray5151 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow you are encouraging for me. I know I can do this, 230 goal 175. Don't ever give up.
  • rachaelwtrader
    Options
    I am on the same path however I am starting at 289 . I have just started this yesterday and have increased my exercise with it to 2 hours a day 1 in the a.m. and 1 in the evening.
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Started at 267 and as of Wednesday I weigh 206 :) Still have awhile to go! Anyone can add me!
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Hi, I started in November 2012 weighing 321lb, I now weigh 193lb, I have 40lb left to lose to reach my goal.... Feel free to add me xXx
  • AndyN87
    AndyN87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Jeeez so many replies :P I am in the same boat though. I started at about 270 and am dropping. Feel free to add me.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I originally started at 260lbs end of Jul. 2013 and fell off the bandwagon. Restarted my journey Jan. 4th of 2014 at 256lbs. I'm down to about 250lbs. Slow and steady process! Anyone can add me!(:
  • mdinms
    mdinms Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. Started at 255 in Sept 0f 2013, now down to 228... 44 more to go until I hit my goal!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I started over 284 pounds... but I'm not sure exactly how high it really was. 284 was the highest number I saw on the scale, then I stopped getting on for several months, then my weight went back down some kind of on its own, I could tell by how my pants fit. Then when I stepped back on the scale again I was 284 once again. So I just considered that my starting weight and went from there. I lost about 70 pounds, then let myself lose focus and regained 68 pounds :grumble: . Now I'm headed back down again, and have lost 56 pounds since July of 2013, plan to keep going this time, I'm not regaining it again!!!

Oh, feel free to add me too!
  • 120byfall
    Options
    I started at 260 in late December and now I'm down to 247 feel free to add me!
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started at 260 almost 2 weeks ago and lost almost 4 lbs so far. I have a long way to go but am very motivated.
  • Epic_Blitz
    Epic_Blitz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't start over 250 lbs this time.. but close (242 lbs).
    I once weighed 286 lbs. Fell off the wagon a few times.. Old times Old habits. Lol

I've been at this for one week now and im down to 233 (-9 lbs).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Started at 246 on New Year's, at 248 when I came to MFP last week. I only record my weight on Wednesdays, but I stepped on Saturday morning and those two pounds were gone. Here's to hoping it was a good sign!
  • Chantay2005
    Chantay2005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well just started back on here again have been going through a lot of health issues so have pretty defeated the last year. Having to be on a lot of steroid type medication amongst a lot of other medicine to say the least. Have decided to overcome my obstacles and use no more excuses. trying to eat all natural and doing natural herbs and such for medication exchanges. Have been back on now for a week and I lost 6 lbs the first week so I am feeling pretty good about myself right now. Could use help and motivation from others suffering with like conditions/ health restrictions. I was at 300 when i started. Now 294. Feel free to add me . :smile:
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welll I started at 340lbs one year and a half ago. I lost 40lbs and then i stopped for a while. Started back up in march of last year. To date I have lost 100+ lbs leaving me just under 240 lbs. I'm looking to get between 129-159 lbs (140 lbs sounds nice).

I lost all my weight mostly from just watching what i eat.

In the beginning, around march, I joined the nearest sportsplex and went swimming for 30 mins to an hour each day... doing what i call "i'm a fat mermaid" laps. Which is basically... just going as long as i could. I also tried some aqua fitness classes which was nice but it's just tough to keep your position in the water haha.

In the summertime I did skipping 3 times a week approximately for 30 mins each. Or until i burned 300 -400 calories. whichever came first. I did it really vigorously.

After doing that for a month or two i started doing some running with the program called C25K. I downloaded the FREE app on my phone for it and gave er a whirl. I didn't think i would like running but i did enjoy it... specially when i was done! It made me feel like a million bucks for pushing so hard and sweating like mad. Those runs usually lasted around 45 mins and burned between 300-400 calories for me.

Then the winter came (or the cold as there wasn't quite snow yet), and that killed my exercises as it was too cold. When the snow did hit though it became too dangerous because i'm a clutz.

Now i would have joined a gym except for 3 things:

Price

I didn't have enough of any of that to do so. HOWEVER. Here I am, losing weight at the same speed i did when i was working out. (10lbs per month approx). Just watching calories.

I do have a lot of health problems and just got out of one not two weeks ago (was in for a 2 week hospital trip.. miserable!) So now i have to watch my fat contents more tentatively than before. So that's the bump i'm currently working around. Changing my calories and foods to fit the dr.s need haha.

I would like a new friend though :) You can do anything you put your mind to.
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started at 250, I lost over 70 lbs and have been keeping it down. Add me! I like getting new friends!
  • klobz11
    klobz11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started at 139.9kg's last November. I'm down to 131.7kg's now. Feel free to add me. The more the merrier on this weight loss journey :)
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump!