Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks - going to try these.
  • taniagalway
    Options
    Heres another way to make healthy pancakes 6 egg whites 1 cup rolled oats 1 cup cottage cheese 2 teaspoons of sugar substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Blend all ingredients in a blender and cook. Very yummy tastes like french toast
  • sofy_love97
    sofy_love97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    is it 314 calories for all 6 pancakes?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    is it 314 calories for all 6 pancakes?

Well it depends on your recipe. But it comes close for me... 380 but I use a whole egg and a little bit of milk. It made about 4 pretty big pancakes the other day.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Francl27
    Options
    I am bumping this.

Made them today with 2% fage yogurt, whole wheat pastry flour, a whole egg, 22g of vanilla protein powder (optimum nutrition natural). Added 65g of blueberries, 17g of milk, and even some syrup.

Oh my god. Seriously the best I've ever had, and I've tried a bunch of combinations. It made 8 pancakes (using 1/4 cup batter), a huge serving, for 524 calories, 66 carb, 9 fat, 42 protein (92 calories from the syrup). You must try it. Forget any other pancakes from now on. And I am FULL.
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have to try this. This is probably what my protein pancakes are missing
  • lulubelle181
    Options
    Do you know what the serving size is for this? Is it one pancake? Two?
  • Francl27
    Options
    Do you know what the serving size is for this? Is it one pancake? Two?

The whole thing. Just enter the recipe.
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    oh my! don't think i've ever seen a recipe go on to a part 2. must try this recipe ASAP!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just made these and the way I made them gave me a total of 367 kcal for 9 (NINE!!) delicious pancakes.

Because I didn't have Greek yoghurt I used regular low fat yoghurt and because the batter was a bit too think for my taste I also added 1/4 cup of skim milk. I used a whole egg instead of just an egg white.

And I used a different protein powder flavor (Lemon Curd). But Vanilla will be next.

These pancakes seem to need a bit more time to cook than regular pancakes so make sure you lower the heat.
    Highly recommended!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    LaurenAOK is the original poster... see her gorgeous photos on the first topic page...just recopying here for convenience. I have made these and they are FANTASTIC. It's Sunday morning, and I'm about to make them again.

Lauren's Post:

Pancakes are great. Protein pancakes are even better. For about a year now I’ve been trying to find the perfect pancake recipe; one that’s healthy, packed with protein, and amazingly delicious. I came pretty close with the original greek yogurt pancakes recipe, but I wasn’t satisfied with the high carb content. All the other lower carb/higher protein recipes I found online just didn’t taste as good.

Finally, an idea struck me. I decided to combine the greek yogurt recipe with a protein powder recipe, by replacing some of the flour in the greek yogurt recipe with protein powder. The result is a pancake recipe that has less carbs, more protein, and tastes even better.I swear, these taste better than the pancakes my mom used to make. I would eat those by the dozen, and they were about 1238484720 times less healthy than this.

Okay, here we go.

Ultimate Protein Pancakes

You’ll need:

6oz plain greek yogurt
    1 large egg white
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    Anything else you’d like to add for flavor (I like adding in strawberries and vanilla extract)
    In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a fork until well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavor, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. Pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re plenty flavorful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup made them even better!

Makes 6 large pancakes. Nutritional information:

Calories: 314 | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 43g (!!!)
    Edited by LaurenAOK On May 17, 2013 5:33 am

thx for the recipe, sounds yummy. now i just have to get some protein powder as i only have shakeology at home...
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I've made these twice already and both times, they are mushy. What am I doing wrong? :frown:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • Francl27
    Options
    I've made these twice already and both times, they are mushy. What am I doing wrong? :frown:

I typically have to flip them a couple times. The first time, the batter spreads out a bit, but it's ok.. I let it cook 30 seconds then flip it again.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just made these as waffles, pretty freaking delicious, although I gotta say they were a little too airy for waffles... Dunno texture was odd, but still good. Will try them as pancakes next time, but there really is nothing better than waffles

I made these protein powder waffles and omg... They are amazing

Waffles

1/2 cup applesauce
    1 egg plus 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites, or 2 eggs, or 6 tablespoons liquid egg whites ( tried every combo, all came out great)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    2 table spoons corn starch
    1/3 cup Protein Powder or about 40 grams
    1 tablespoon high fiber waffle pancake mix ( I used bobs red mills) or any flour of your choosing really ( tried them with a lot of different flours, all worked, just choose based on taste/ texture)
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
    pinch of salt

Calories depend on what you use for eggs and flour base, but for the first ones stated it comes to about 457 calories for the whole batch and you get 2 amazing thick large fluffy waffles. They keep you full :)

Combine all wet ingredients together first, then mix in cornstarch/ flour combo, then add protein powder and mix well. Add baking powder, cinnamon, and salt last.

For topping I have done glazes with bananas and honey, maple syrup and blueberries, apples cinnamon butter and honey, all freaking amazing.
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I read the entire 22 pages of this post!!! I can't wait to try these. :love: I am going to try to substitute Coconut flour for the all purpose flour. I'm so new to the swap that I don't know the swap ratio. If anyone has suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. :flowerforyou: