My fiance can be such a jerk sometimes

Options

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    I think that might be the answer.

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.

Are you a troll?

Is this a joke?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.

Are you a troll?

Is this a joke?
    I am not a troll.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You sound very insecure. I wouldn't want to run in the projects at night. I think his worry is valid. As for saying a cashier is pretty.. did he then say to you "You're fat and ugly!"? No... that's what you perceived. Find a cheap gym membership and go run on the treadmill at night. And, tell him not to tell you about the other girls he thinks are pretty if it bothers you.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Make him go with you when running. Compromise for a safer area or ask him what exercises he'd like to do with you. Make it a team effort and maybe he'll get into being more healthy too and understaning your drive.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I came in to tell you to just break up but Tai beat me to it!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Dangit. I hate when I fall into the derp traps. :angry: :grumble:
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Well his fears sound perfectfully rational...high chance of being mugged, raped or who knows what. I would worry about those things myself if I ran in a risky area at night

this!
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHA, this cant be real.
  • MadeinChelseaGirl
    MadeinChelseaGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you feel like he is hiding another reason why you shouldn't go and exercise, then he is a jerk! Maybe explain how you feel, I am sure you can work it out. And don't listen to anyone who tells you to break up with him. They don't know you or your boyfriend, you can't just break up with someone just like that. Good luck with him and with your weight loss!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    He doesn't want you running near the projects at night and that's because of his insecurity??? Uh, no. Sounds to me like he just wants you to be safe. Is there somewhere else you can run that isn't near the projects? Can you stick to the treadmill until daylight savings time starts? Could you run during lunch? Sorry OP, but if I was in your fiance's situation, I would likely feel the same way.
    I'm not going to change my workout routine just to make him happy!

How is him wanting you safe just making him happy?? I agree that you don't want to change a lot of what you do. Why not hop in your car and drive to a safe area to run. A mile here is a mile there. They don't change. I am surprised you would want to run in a bad area at night by yourself.

Oh and the other comment about Howard Stern, I don see it and you should quit being so hard on yourself. I think for one that you are good looking!
  • bethkrusac
    bethkrusac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's worried about your safety? Just a thought...

Could you compromise and still go running when you want, but take extra safety precautions with you or have him go with you instead.

Off topic, but it sounds like you need to have a talk with him. If you're having trust issues at this point, marriage will be much worse!
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Are you a troll?

Is this a joke?

this as well! obvious trolling
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Mine reminded me to look out for bears just before I went out the door the other night, like this "don't let the bear get you"
    Sweet huh?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a tazer. ZAP!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Mine reminded me to look out for bears just before I went out the door the other night, like this "don't let the bear get you"
    Sweet huh?
    I like to play with the bears.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Sweet huh?

<---- is a bear
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Sweet huh?

<---- is a bear

On my way to play
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    He doesn't want you running near the projects at night and that's because of his insecurity??? Uh, no. Sounds to me like he just wants you to be safe. Is there somewhere else you can run that isn't near the projects? Can you stick to the treadmill until daylight savings time starts? Could you run during lunch? Sorry OP, but if I was in your fiance's situation, I would likely feel the same way.
    I'm not going to change my workout routine just to make him happy!

Sounds like you have got a great handle on that whole 'compromising to make your relationship work' thing, huh.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Haha just read the rest of this, great troll!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Ha... please tell me this is a joke.

This. :huh: Seriously. OP if this is for real, you seem incredibly insecure. The projects don't sound very safe to me. And you get that flipped out about him saying someone is pretty?
This discussion has been closed.