My fiance can be such a jerk sometimes

Options

Replies

• m0llecule
    m0llecule Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't think he is insecure and doesn't want you to lose weight by saying he is worried about you running near the projects. I live in downtown LA a few blocks from skid row and my boyfriend won't let me run in the day around there let alone at night but he is very supportive of my health and weight loss. The next time he says he's worried about you ask him if he will go on the run with you or if he's so worried why doesn't he get you a gym membership? A good man will go with you somewhere to keep you safe even if it makes himself uncomfortable. If he doesn't go with you or try and help you move your workouts elsewhere leave his sorry *kitten*. Regardless if it has to do with him not wanting you to be healthy or if he himself is just lazy and not understanding it's just not worth the trouble.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    I think that might be the answer.

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.

What big richard and fun sucker he turned out to be. You should stop having sex with him, I am very sure there folks here that can be more supportive (or at least be all in for the sex thing).
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Really, you should just break up. What kind of self-respecting man would suggest or ask his future wife to do something. If he really cared, he would just tell you, you will not do this, and take away your shoes so you have no way of doing it.

Sounds to me like you are going to be marrying a major wussy. Tell him to man up and take control like a man ought to do.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My suggestion? Carry a gun...that's what I do.

Agreed!
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    just wear one of these and you'll be fine. the thugs will think it's the cops and vacate the area

Hard_Hat2.gif
    And don't forget to wear your WJOAG shirt!
    would_jesus_own_a_gun_pro_gun_control_sticker_bumper_sticker-r1db611a93a4c4c5fa183a9fa05a57396_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Um is there any reason you can't run at the Inner Harbor?

I'm afraid of falling into the water.

Maybe you shouldn't drink before your run. :drinker:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I, for one, think its a wonderful idea to run in the projects. Maybe one day a rapist will try to attack you and you can get that extra "oomph" in your workout by trying your hardest to out run him. Plus screaming at the top of your lungs will not only burn more calories, but it will stregnthen your core
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    If you think you need to break up because he wont let you run in the projects- then do it. It seems ridiculous to me so I imagine there are other things that are making you want to leave and this is just the cherry on top.
    Don't stay with him because you think you cant get someone else. However, him thinking another woman is pretty doesn't say anything at all about you. Remember EVERYTHING is not about you. I checked your age since I was imagining you must be 20something to have this much drama over running but alas you are not - so is it just you have not had many relationships?
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    just go for the run....you will prob get more of a workout running away from people then you would think in the projects.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    yeah him looking out for your safety is so unsupportive
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I, for one, think its a wonderful idea to run in the projects. Maybe one day a rapist will try to attack you and you can get that extra "oomph" in your workout by trying your hardest to out run him. Plus screaming at the top of your lungs will not only burn more calories, but it will stregnthen your core

Oh, yes, this! Running from someone with a gun is really gonna help you decrease your time. Tell your fiancee to stuff it. This could be the best training tool EVER!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think you should try to get him to work out with you :)
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.

This sounds like an extremely insecure/immature relationship. There are millions and billions of people in the world and your fiance is not going to only find YOU pretty. It's something you need to get over. Learn to love yourself and be more secure with yourself then you will be able to turn right around to him and say "hey, yeah you're right she was pretty!" He will respect you even more than he already does. As for the projects thing.......it sounds like you're finding reasons to be upset with him. He clearly is trying to look out for your safety/best interest but you want a reason to break up with him. If he isn't going about it the right way talk to HIM about it. If there are other real underlying reasons that you don't want to be with him, break up. Communication is the key to life.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

I appreciate this sarcasm. Saying it is good advice to dump him when he cares for your safety is so wacky.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    OFFS, people.
  • brianlowell
    brianlowell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
  • brianlowell
    brianlowell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    I think that might be the answer.

Are you a troll?

Is this a joke?

^ This.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    OFFS, people.

Yea. Far too many pages of people not getting that it's a joke. :noway:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    just wear one of these and you'll be fine. the thugs will think it's the cops and vacate the area

Hard_Hat2.gif

^. This is brilliant!!!
    Have you ever considered naked pole dancing? You could wear the hat as part of the costume, make some extra cash and do some cross training.
    Your husband will be happy. Such a win win, kill-two-birds-with-one-stone kind of solution.
    Glad we can help you out OP:flowerforyou:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    saw what he did to the poor dog \m/
    giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.