Husband does not get it??

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    that-awkward-moment-when-your-sarcasm-is-so-advanced-people-actually-think-youre-stupid.jpg
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    that-awkward-moment-when-your-sarcasm-is-so-advanced-people-actually-think-youre-stupid.jpg

Lol
  • curvyin2014
    Options
    normally I would say sabotage, but -40 windchill does sound frikkin scary to run in, so he could have been genuinely worried for your well-being.

this
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think he is just worried. I run in the cold and I wear a hat, gloves, definitely a coat and layers. If I get too warm I take my gloves off and put them in my pocket, then coat and tie around my waste.

-40 degrees is VERY cold so I can't imagine you would get warm enough to take the gloves off. You will warm up when you run but not easily in that weather. Appreciate that he cares because it would be worse if it was the other way around. Good Luck!!
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    OK, unless this is part of a history of "sabotaging" I am confused how an earnest plea for your safety and well being could be construed as anything but. Some of these responses are outrageous! Leave him? I pray that is sarcasm. Based on the ONLY information provided, it seems he is worried and you might require therapy to deal with issues that seem to be underlying. Good luck and cold air to that degree can hurt your lungs. It is why people cover their faces and avoid exposure for lengths of time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A man cares he is in the wrong.
    A man doesnt care he is in the wrong.
    Someone gets it.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, if you're getting your sports bra in a twist because your husband is worried about you running in the cold then the only problem in your marriage is you.
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Going through a similar thing here!! My hubbs cholesterol is through the roof. I told him that if he just started taking better care of himself, he wouldnt have to be a 34 year old guy on meds. He said that he doesnt want to end up like me, being obsessed with calories and trying to get "HOT". I want to do this to LIVE LONGER!!!! I want to be able to tie my shoes without feeling like I am going to die!!!! I doubt I will ever be "HOT", but a cuter healthier more happy version of me would be awesome!! I think they just get insecure and worry that we will lose interest in them since they are not wanting to live the same kind of lifestyle that we are. You probably should wear a coat though. He is right about that.

my guy is the same way!!!! he is such a couch potato and doesn't get my desire for exercise and a healthy lifestyle. When I've 'gently' mentioned working out he says he hates it and has zero desire. He'd rather take his cholesterol meds and blood pressure meds, etc. He makes fun of my meals saying they're all "no fat, low fat" crap.. I just wish he'd take alittle interest in taking care of himself for the sake of our relationship lasting years and years.... :-)
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I think he was worried about you being too cold given the -40 degree temperature. Sounds more like a difference of opinion on athletic wear than a marital problem.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

^This
  • iggylove123
    Options
    Okay -40 wind chill? I would be worried about you running outside...if my parents or boyfriend heard that I was going to go outside to run in this weather they'd say I was ridiculous and would force me to stay home! If it was like 20 degrees out and he stopped you okay...you're a grown woman. -40 is DANGEROUS! If you slipped on ice not many people will be outside to help you. It's not sabotage, it's love! Go to a gym
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this is fake.
    It's -40 outside and your going running. Because your husband says it's to cold and suggests a jacket and a hat, THAT means he's being unsupportive?? tha****?? Listen to your husband. Put on a coat. Even my 3 year old niece knows to wear a jacket when it's cold outside. I'm sure your body temp does go up, but not enough to compete with below freezing temps.