Looking for friends who started over 250lbs and dropping!

Options

Replies

• aylatwins
    Options
    I am a mom of two year old twin girls and they are one of my reasons to lose weight. Just started today..going to focus on calorie intake then work on the details of the calories. 250 lbs today and working my way to 200 then 160 then 130 is probably were I want to stay around. Good luck!
  • ChrisGates61
    ChrisGates61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago at 323lbs and I'm now at about 307lbs.

Every night I struggled with my eating. I did OK all day, but from 5pm till bedtime it was a challenge - one that I often lost. I tried everything to overcome the constant urge to eat late into the night but nothing helped. Then my dietitian told me that the cause of my struggles was not eating ENOUGH earlier in the day. She put me on a 1900 calorie diet split evenly between 3 meals, with a breakdown of 45% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fat, and limiting my sodium to 2300mg a day. When I eat the right amount for breakfast and lunch, I really don;t struggle much with eating in the evenings. It's like a miracle. That simple little trick, along with daily exercise has let to a sustainable 5lb a week weight loss.

I might actually be able t do this. And if I can, anyone can.
    Pretty cool...
  • ChrisGates61
    ChrisGates61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago at 323lbs and I'm now at about 307lbs.

Every night I struggled with my eating. I did OK all day, but from 5pm till bedtime it was a challenge - one that I often lost. I tried everything to overcome the constant urge to eat late into the night but nothing helped. Then my dietitian told me that the cause of my struggles was not eating ENOUGH earlier in the day. She put me on a 1900 calorie diet split evenly between 3 meals, with a breakdown of 45% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fat, and limiting my sodium to 2300mg a day. When I eat the right amount for breakfast and lunch, I really don;t struggle much with eating in the evenings. It's like a miracle. That simple little trick, along with daily exercise has let to a sustainable 5lb a week weight loss.

I might actually be able t do this. And if I can, anyone can.
    Pretty cool..
  • marmoaze
    marmoaze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I started the gym in November 2013 but instead of lossing weight i seem to be gaining. Today i found out i am 268lbs in December I was 260. what's going on .
  • sjaykay13
    Options
    Started in August 2013 at 295, currently at 263, ultimate goal weight is 135, ADD ADD ADD, I love friends on here!!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started at 303! I'm not at 260! It's slow but I am progressing. =D Feel free to add, always looking for mutual support. *thumbs up* we can do this!
  • mdinms
    mdinms Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    started at 255, now at 227. feel free to add me!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    There could be many reasons. Are you eating back your exercise calories? How are you counting your calories, are you logging accurately? Also, if you are weight lifting, you will gain muscle. I mean there are many possible reasons.
    Hi Guys,

I started the gym in November 2013 but instead of lossing weight i seem to be gaining. Today i found out i am 268lbs in December I was 260. what's going on .
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I started at 310 and now at 254. Feel free to add me.

Good luck on your journey!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Started at 277, now hovering around 180. Still trying to lose a few more, but happy to support others any way I can. Feel free to add me, anyone! Good luck and go get it!
  • ggoss10
    ggoss10 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 227 and want to lose about 100 pounds!
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I started at 263 and as of this morning I was 190. It is possible! Just be patient and kind to yourself and realize that weight loss happens because of what you do over time, not what you do on one day, or even one week. Anyone can add me if you'd like.
  • shannellose
    shannellose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! In the same boat. I was in the 250 range about 8 years ago and have been hovering between 220 & 230 since then. I'm looking to get below 200 as my 1st goal and then just keep losing! Looking for some motivating friends on here.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I just started at MFP this week @ 239, but I lost 100+ additional pounds on my own before getting here - so technically my starting weight was 343.

Hoping to get to 143 as my target.

Good luck, and add me if you'd like.
  • DoxiePupMom
    DoxiePupMom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there.........Please feel free to add me. I started at 246 in Oct 2013 and down 38.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Usually when things aren't going the way we want them to go, you can find your answers in what you're eating. Without knowing more about you, anything could be happening. You could be eating more calories than you think you are - are you logging everything? Or you could be burning less than you think you are at the gym. If you log exercise on MFP, it notoriously overestimates your burns. If you haven't already, spend more time weight training.
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I started at 246 pounds; today I am down to 199 pounds. It can be done!!! In the words of NIKE "Just do it" (smile)!!!!
  • Edwin_perales
    Edwin_perales Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i started at 390lbs now im at 348 and losing
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I Started at 269 in September of 2012 and am now at 187!! I eat at a deficit and exercise!! No secret weapons here!!
  • JamieWILLBEFIT
    JamieWILLBEFIT Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started at 254 and I'm down 9 lbs!
    Add me!!!
    I'm the annoying friend that likes every status and posts on your wall if you're inactive.
    Get your butt out of that chair!!!
    :)