Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• AJLovinLife
    AJLovinLife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 of the 30DS Level 2. :) Typically in my past this around day 15-20 is where I start to get distracted and end up doing something else. I would like to do 30 days this time around, so I am looking for support so I can complete this for the first time in 6 years. I think as long as you are doing something that is good for you, but I would like to have the mental satisfaction of actually completing it this time around.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great Job Everyone!!! I have been doing JM 30DS as well.. This is my 2nd time doing it, my first was 1 1/2 years ago when I had great results.. I am on day 6 tonight.. However I have gained 2 pounds;( All of my muscles are very sore. I am hoping it is gain due to my muscles swelling .. Since I am just getting back into exercising!! I also did Turbofire as well yesterday which made me very sore with both!! Has anyone else gained with starting their exercises??
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am going to be doing NMTZ during February if any one is interested. My challenge will be to complete it 12 times during the month. If interested drop me a note and we can get a group going or a string for it.
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone :) and welcome to all those joining in on this journey :)

Just a quick one from me as i'm off out tonight - managed to complete day 2 level 2 of the shred. Can't say i'm enjoying this level yet but i'm hopeful! Still really struggling with the last circuit - my arms/shoulders just want to give up! I'm repeating the mantra - whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger!

Well done everyone though, we are all doing so well. Hopefully we'll have some great results in the next few weeks.

Happy Jillian-ing everyone :happy:

Di
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of level 2 and I'm finally getting to a point where the circuit is not so bad. I just purchased RI30 today and can't wait to start that!
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm just over halfway through 30DS (day 16 today woo hoo!) and am already starting to think about what my next Jillian workout will be. Any suggestions? And would I be better to do just one, or mix it up a little? Thanks :)
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    OMG I am in so much pain after doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism for the first time yesterday! And I thought I was relatively fit. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Jillian's workouts! :laugh:
  • Cobb_66
    Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I too am doing 30DS!! I've started and stopped twice in the past: once I got to day 21 trying to get in shape for a trip to Las Vegas and had a fun surprise injury, so I was forced to stop. And a time before that I ran into the Christmas holidays and found I literally didn't have time with all the travel.
    After the Las Vegas let down (I was SO determined to finish it - all planned out to finish it a DAY before leaving), I had tried to pick it up a few more times but found that since I've tried so many times it had gotten boring. Still challenging - but I find I'm more up to going hard when it's fresh and new.

So now I'm on day 2 - but this time I'm doing it in rotations of Level 1, level 2, level 3 instead of 10 days level 1, then moving to level 2. I'm hoping I'll see fast results (level 2 makes for kick *kitten* backs!) AND to not get bored. I'm also not planning on forcing it. If I don't want to one day - I'll pick up a fun cardio or tae bo vid instead. Maybe then I won't injure myself again! haha!

I'd love the support as well!! Good luck ladies (and gents? I haven't read through the whole thread yet!)!!!
  • erinstokes2
    Options
    Thought I'd join in on this topic since I just started my Jillian 30DS again last week. This is my second go around with 30DS and did have good results, not the amazing before and after pics she shows on her website, but I was happy. (Dropped 12 lbs and 3% bodyfat) I have found if I do 5 days a week and 1 day yoga that is my comfort zone. 7 days kills me, I can't walk! The 6th day of yoga helps with stretching out my sore muscles. I just do the On Demand free workout beginners yoga. I have a question, does anyone else think Level 1 is harder than Level 2? I HATE level 1. Maybe it's just b/c everytime I'm on level 1 I'm starting the program over again.

Also...on an unrelated note...every once and awhile I throw in her Trouble Zones DVD. It is crazy hard but you feel amazing afterwards. It's a bit longer (about 45 minutes)
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Quick question for anyone who uses no more trouble zones..
    I've had to give up killer buns and thighs, as I've got too little balance (medical condition, can't improve it), but I love the whole jm style.... would I be ok with nmtz?
    I'm fine with the shred, and done the kickboxing video on YouTube.
    Thanks
  • sc193usa
    sc193usa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I've been MIA for a bit, but trying to keep up with Jillian, I'm on day 7 of level 1 of 30DS, and have my first results. I think 30DS helped me break my plateau! I was sitting at the same weight for about 1.5 months, and now finally I've suddenly dropped 3 pounds and am continuing to fall. Now I'm .8 away from goal! Hopefully Jillian can help me tone up now that I'm contemplating entering maintenance!

I'm glad to hear everyone is sticking with it! I love hearing everyone's opinions on the videos. I'm so looking forward to moving to level 2, level 1 is getting really boring. Just 3 more repeats left!
  • youcrazything
    youcrazything Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am currently on Week 1 of RI30. I only do it 3x a week, because I find the idea of doing it every day quite daunting (and repetitive).
    I have been doing some light yoga on the off days. I have never been a heavy exerciser, and maybe one day I'll do more, but that day is not today! That being said, the first day I did this one really kicked my butt and left me sore, but I've been doing much better since the first time and actually enjoying it (and yet hating it at the same time, lol!)

I have also bought some other JM DVDs for when I finish RI30. I have Extreme Shed and Shred, Yoga Meltdown, and Kickboxing (I tried this one from the library for a week and thought it was fun).
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Quick question for anyone who uses no more trouble zones..
    I've had to give up killer buns and thighs, as I've got too little balance (medical condition, can't improve it), but I love the whole jm style.... would I be ok with nmtz?
    I'm fine with the shred, and done the kickboxing video on YouTube.
    Thanks
    If you're fine with the shred, I say go for it.
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)

youcrazything - sounds like you've got a good routine going there, i'm sure it will give you fabulous results :D

sc193usa - That's fabulous that you've broken your plateau - they can be so disheartening can't they? Really hope Jillian continues to help and you enjoy level 2 when you get there. It's my least favourite level but i know some people love it!

lucylou - i agree with ritornare, if you are fine with the shred and kickboxing i think you'll be fine with nmtz - just modify where you need to :D

erinstokes2 - welcome :D Excellent results with your first round of the shred - for me personally i hate level 2 and find it the hardest of the three! Makes sense though that level 1 would be hard because it is the starting point. This time round for me i didn't have that as i'd been dipping into RI30 for a couple of weeks before i started the shred (which gives me the best results). The yoga sounds great for sore muscles :D

Cobb66 - welcome :) Sounds like you've got a really good plan for mixing it up and not getting bored. I think mixing up the levels really does help if you find it repetitive :) I'm sure you'll get great results soon :D

fe_nyx - welcome, personally i go from the Shred to Ripped in 30 which is basically the same 3-2-1 system and about the same length but four levels instead of 3. It's my favourite of Jillian's DVDs but doesn't give me quite the same results as the shred or no more trouble zones.

Cathipa - hoorah for being on level 2 day 7 and finding the circuits not so bad - i'm still hoping that last one will stop kicking my a** very soon. You are 3 days ahead of me and i'm planning to go onto the RI30 next, I always find L1 of the rip quite easy after level 3 of the shred which is great - level 2, 3 and 4 however .....!!!

Going well here - i finished level 2 day 4 this morning. And i used my HRM to see how i was doing and was happy to see i burned 30 more calories than i did last time i did it! Still struggling with the last circuit but modifying and doing my best so hopefully my results will still come :D Going to take a rest day tomorrow, probably take a nice long walk or maybe some yoga.

Welcome to anyone i've missed, hope everyone is having a great day :happy:
  • AJLovinLife
    AJLovinLife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone, I took yesterday off from 30DS because after 6 days of level 2 my shoulders were killing me. So instead I took a long Flow yoga class and guess what area they were targeting? Yes that is right, shoulders. After tons of shoulder openers I am more sore today than yesterday! I am hoping I can make it though 30DS today!

DLD53 - I know what you mean about the last circuit of level two. It kills me. I even have to modify the plank jacks because of a torn ACL but man when I get to the plank twists my shoulders are killing me.
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new to this thread but I thought I'd join in on the fun since I'm currently finishing up week one of Jillian's six week six pack. This is my first time doing and it's killer, so I'm only doing it three times per week, alternating in yoga on my days off. Since I started this I swear I found muscles that I didn't know existed, lol
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am currently doing RI30 I am on week 2 Day 4. It is a challenge and I haven't lost much weight but I am losing inches. I didn't measure myself since I don't have a measuring tape but I can tell by how my clothes fit. I look forward to inspiring you and vice versa.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Super, thanks..I'll whizz over to Amazon and order now :)
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Thought I'd join as I have finished RI30 and am starting Body Revolution on Sunday, I have been meaning to start it since the start of January but hit a wall, I am determined to get back to it and lose the rest of this baby weight!

You guys are awesome, keep it going!

:laugh:
  • ehobby0816
    ehobby0816 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 day shred every other day (i try to make it every day but have two toddlers so its kind of hard to get alot done) But omg. That woman is crazy! lol Hopefully itll whip my butt in to shape. Does anyone else recommend any of Jillians DVDs, for someone who, before 3 weeks ago, never did the circuit training she does?