what women shouldn't do on the first date...

Options

Replies

• favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    be jealous!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Stay off your phone!!!!

...you're saying they shouldn't stay off their phones?
    How, in the word of science, is that okay?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I agree with that. Though I DO like being treated (who doesn't?!), my BF and I have agreed to split the bill when going out for dinner, movies, buying groceries etc. It just makes it so much easier, and there's no guilt when the guy always insists to pay (often times with resentment building up). What I don't understand is when I see women very big in the feminist movement, yet expect men to pay for their food etc as if the man was the only one bringing home the money. It's a two way street.

We're specifically talking about the first date here, not multiple dates or a BF. Obviously expenses should be shared if there are multiple dates or a relationship. I think it's just better to keep the first date to something cheap (like coffee) or free. Or my favorite trick if we're going to an event is to buy the tickets online beforehand, then let him pay for incidentals. That way there's no argument or feelings of unfairness.
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Stay off your phone!!!!

sorry i meant be on the phone
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Stay off your phone!!!!

sorry i meant be on the phone
    Oh lol. B/c I was going to say that'd only be warranted on a REALLLLYYY bad date :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    bumping so I can read later
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Don't try too hard. Try the perfect amount. Don't dress too sexy, but dress sexy enough. You aren't a nun. Show some skin. Don't talk too much, but when you do talk, talk about all the RIGHT things. Don't flirt with the waiter. Don't look at your phone. Don't forget to brush your teeth eight times before the date, twice during, and once after. Don't order garlicky or spicy foods. Don't tell your date he reminds you of your dad. Don't talk about your porcelain egg collection. Don't pretend you don't have kids, but don't whip out your phone and show him a few hundred candid photos of them, either. Don't forget to shave. Don't go past second base. Don't come off as needy, unless the guy seems to like that kind of thing. Don't drink too much, but don't drink too little, either. Guys want a girl that knows how to have fun but doesn't pass out every night with two empty bottles of pinot on her nightstand. Don't be a ballbuster, unless your new guy would like his balls busted. Don't wear flats, but don't wear stilettos, either. Don't forget to be yourself, unless yourself sucks. Then be someone else. Don't tell him how much you can deadlift unless you are 99.9% certain he can lift more than you. Don't finish your food. Don't ask for a doggie bag. Don't pick up the check. It's emasculating.

Bloody hell.

If I was a woman and I had to live up to all those requirements I think I would rather be single...

If i have unfinished food I'm taking it home. Wasting food is stupid. Especially when you can usually make another whole meal out of huge restaurant portions.
  • kristennikco
    Options
    Die.

Please don't do that.

FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!
  • smantha32
    Options

If a man is stupid enough to buy me a drink, buy me dinner, or otherwise pay for my **** that's on him. Regardless of whether he pays for dinner, you don't owe him sex, intimacy, or anything else. I just never offer to pay and if he insists on going splitsies, I just excuse myself to the bathroom and sneak out of the restaurant.

I really hope you're kidding. If not, wow.
  • smantha32
    Options
    reveal all the voices in her head at once
    take you to see all her cats, how she named them, and why she puts sweaters on to keep them warm
    sit bowl-legged and tell you how by the miracles of science that she just became a woman
    spend the night going on in her baby voice, all while giving you a cutesy wootsy nickname
    \m/

I might show you pictures of my cats if I find out you're also a cat person, but I swear, I never put sweaters on them. :tongue:
  • smantha32
    Options

I found you a new iphone app!

b185bcd4-102f-4c1f-aead-c0f879a2f364.jpg

:flowerforyou:

oh thank GOD. lol
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

tumblr_mi1dmvaUYx1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

I don't know what anyone else thinks but I think she looks like the alien from the Predator movies, Ick....
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    NO sex on the first date, unless you're a hooker or want to look like one. Have some class, get to know the guy and devellop a relationship of some sort with him first.

So if I pay for dinner then have sex, does that make him the hooker? If he's willing to have sex on the first date isn't he just as trashy? Why is the woman always demonized for doing the same thing the man is doing?
  • Kurindal
    Kurindal Posts: 355
    Options
    NO sex on the first date, unless you're a hooker or want to look like one. Have some class, get to know the guy and devellop a relationship of some sort with him first.

So if I pay for dinner then have sex, does that make him the hooker? If he's willing to have sex on the first date isn't he just as trashy? Why is the woman always demonized for doing the same thing the man is doing?

You... I like you...

CJ8fx.gif
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Don't try too hard. Try the perfect amount. Don't dress too sexy, but dress sexy enough. You aren't a nun. Show some skin. Don't talk too much, but when you do talk, talk about all the RIGHT things. Don't flirt with the waiter. Don't look at your phone. Don't forget to brush your teeth eight times before the date, twice during, and once after. Don't order garlicky or spicy foods. Don't tell your date he reminds you of your dad. Don't talk about your porcelain egg collection. Don't pretend you don't have kids, but don't whip out your phone and show him a few hundred candid photos of them, either. Don't forget to shave. Don't go past second base. Don't come off as needy, unless the guy seems to like that kind of thing. Don't drink too much, but don't drink too little, either. Guys want a girl that knows how to have fun but doesn't pass out every night with two empty bottles of pinot on her nightstand. Don't be a ballbuster, unless your new guy would like his balls busted. Don't wear flats, but don't wear stilettos, either. Don't forget to be yourself, unless yourself sucks. Then be someone else. Don't tell him how much you can deadlift unless you are 99.9% certain he can lift more than you. Don't finish your food. Don't ask for a doggie bag. Don't pick up the check. It's emasculating.

Bloody hell.

If I was a woman and I had to live up to all those requirements I think I would rather be single...

If i have unfinished food I'm taking it home. Wasting food is stupid. Especially when you can usually make another whole meal out of huge restaurant portions.

Whooosh.
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I found this in archives.

I don't understand the problem. It's a first date. Most guys fail miserably on the first date, which is why we even allow the second, because he just may have a redeeming quality.

So easiest thing to do on a first date is take your dad with you, mentally. You are only required to pay attention & be polite on the first date (ladies). In the animal kingdom only the male species is pretty, they puff-up, preen, strut or whatever to get the female's attention. Face it most guys try to impress you for weeks before you actually say yes. He usually doesn't care what you do or don't do, he's just happy you finally said yes. So, want to be the perfect amount of fun, flirty, chatty? Take your dad with you. There are just some things a female would/should never do in front of her dad.
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    smoking
    too much 'in the future tak'
    a lot og my male friends hate girls who order salads and 'chick food'
    talk about exes
    looking too plain/too slutty
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    LOL I may never date again after reading this...
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Don't wear underwear... worked for me and married 13 years.

Boom!
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Make sure there's no lipstick on your teeth.