Guest Speaker today at my work - what I learned

Replies

• random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Holy guacamole, that's some fantastic nut-jobbery.

Disclaimer: guacamole should only be eaten right before bed.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I want to know what is wrong with the tenth person who doesn't have any parasites!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    house_md_7k03.gif
  • Are you sure he wasn't a stand-up comedian?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    What kind of doctor is he? I understand that anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist" without any credentials.

I would be skeptical of his information, especially since he seems to be selling something. Was there any scientific results backing up his claims?

Oh ye of little faith...... "xxxxxxxx D.C., A.C.N. is a Chiropractor and Applied Clinical Nutritionist who specializes in weight loss through nutrition and other natural methods" There are also lots of testimonials on his site so he must know what he's doing.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.

He's a doctor.......and a nutritionist.

Yeah, and Dr. Oz is apparently a doctor also, so...
  • QuietBloom
    What kind of doctor is he? I understand that anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist" without any credentials.

I would be skeptical of his information, especially since he seems to be selling something. Was there any scientific results backing up his claims?

Oh ye of little faith...... "xxxxxxxx D.C., A.C.N. is a Chiropractor and Applied Clinical Nutritionist who specializes in weight loss through nutrition and other natural methods" There are also lots of testimonials on his site so he must know what he's doing.

He doesn't know jack. That was a thoroughly broscience list of 'facts' about diet. You only burn fat at night? REALLY??? Tell that to my body the next time I run 20 miles...:ohwell:
  • QuietBloom
    How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.

This thread is now bookmarked for future "you don't know better than a DOCTOR" posts.

Oh yea, good idea!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    I want to know who invited this person to speak... and if they still have a job?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member

Chiropractors aren't really doctors.
  • Jacwhite22

He doesn't know jack. That was a thoroughly broscience list of 'facts' about diet. You only burn fat at night? REALLY??? Tell that to my body the next time I run 20 miles...:ohwell:

You don't know better than a doctor!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    So how large was your order of multivitamins, etc.?
  • slinky221
    slinky221 Posts: 2 Member

You don't know better than a doctor!

Ha, nice one. That should definitely get you more bites Jac.
  • Jacwhite22
    So how large was your order of multivitamins, etc.?

I haven't ordered yet. I figured with all of the people here that are interested in health/fitness like I am maybe we could come together a do a group order and get some sort of discount.
  • That guy would make the most epic troll on here.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member

Yeah, and Dr. Oz is apparently a doctor also, so...

Dr. Oz is actually a pretty well respected surgeon. Doesn't mean that any of the crap he says on his tv is true but his credentials are actually pretty good.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    hmmmm... maybe the Chiropractor is right. Maybe the Chiropractor is wrong.

Either way, obviously people have been losing weight without using his product or following his guidelines for weight loss.

Ill stick to doing what I been doing so that I can maintain lifelong.

But thank you for the read. :smile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    bAW Ha ha ha ha

excellent troll is excellent.
  • strongestgirl10
    strongestgirl10 Posts: 26 Member
    "All the good doctors (like Dr. Oz) "

Can't stop laughing :devil: :noway:
    ^^^ I thought this thread was a joke :O
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    That guy would make the most epic troll on here.

He probably is on here O.o