Biggest Loser Finale...what is going on??

Replies

• hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    260 down to 105lbs...she doesn't look very healthy at all! And I'm pretty sure by the looks on the judges faces, they agree with me. looks like she's been starving herself since she left the ranch....there should be an unhealthy weight clause for winning the money!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Gotta go watch now ... yikes.
    Right? This is how I feel.
    I'm not watching because I support it, but rather because of the shock...
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Rachel and Jennifer were my favorite this season. Jennifer looks great. Rachel looks anorexic :( So disappointing.
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Rachel finishes with a BMI of 18.0 and the largest ever percentage weight loss on the show. It's well-known that contestants do extreme things in the week before the finale - you can look up interviews with past winners especially the guy from I think Season 2 who probably almost died after the finale - it's very gross and I don't want to get into details myself but again you can read it if you want.

Hopefully she was only doing that for the money and didn't end up with an eating disorder as it's bad enough without THAT happening.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Rachel looked perfect IMHO the previous show. The look on Bob and Jillian's faces when she walked out tonight said it all. NOT OK!!! Rachel is taller than Jillian (who is 5'3") and the LOWEST recommended weight for Jillian's height is 107lbs. I genuinely believe Rachel's competitive nature took over and she took it too far. IF the biggest loser is able to get past this blatantly unhealthy turn by a contestant, I forsee a rule preventing underweight contestants from winning. What a poor way example to set and a sad way to end. SMH
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    I tuned in tonight expecting to see the athletic machine that she had been honing all season long, especially with how she was looking during the last week on ranch.

She looked like a stiff wind would blow her away. Hopefully it is just something she did to get the money, but even if it is just that, it doesn't really paint a good picture for weight loss when money incentives are involved.

The trainers (Jillian especially) looked shocked, and not a good kind of shocked.

Bobby was pretty light at 6'3" and 170lbs, but that is passable for a male with merely average lean muscle mass. David definitely looked the healthiest of the bunch.

Tumi knocked it out of the park. I expected her to be the biggest at-home loser, but did not expect her to get all the way to 144!

EDIT: if the show continues forth, I agree with an underweight clause - since they base the show on weight loss, it should probably go by BMI, and winning body weights should have to be no less than at least a 19 BMI (which would have put her at 111 pounds).
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    k4PgXPO.jpg

Took this pic to show someone else. That one clip they played from the end of the time at the ranch put her at 19% BF. She looked terrible at the finale but she won the cash and hopefully she plans on putting some weight on.
  • moxi155
    moxi155 Posts: 15 Member
    That is anorexia...she went too far...just saying.
  • moxi155
    moxi155 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for posting the pic....she looked sick when I saw her walk out...I work with eating disordered teens....very sad representation of healthy weight loss.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Rachel definitely went too far. She looked so healthy & fit when she left the ranch. I doubt she could even complete that sprint triathlon now. What a sad ending to a story that had inspired so many. I hope she'll talk publicly about the aftermath, and I hope somebody gets that girl a sandwich a drink of water!
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    I gasped when she walked out. I did not recognize her. In the pic she doesn't look too bad - almost like Kate Middleton - but the speed at which she lost so much, and how she looked when she moved and the way her skin pulled across her face... oh my god, I just gasped. I almost started crying. It was so awkward and uncomfortable to watch.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    k4PgXPO.jpg

Took this pic to show someone else. That one clip they played from the end of the time at the ranch put her at 19% BF. She looked terrible at the finale but she won the cash and hopefully she plans on putting some weight on.

OMG!!! She.. There are no words that are kind other than I hope she gets back to normal range.
  • cdfitness200
    cdfitness200 Posts: 26 Member
    Agree! An adult woman should not weigh 105 lbs! They need to have a rule that you can't win if you are under the recommended BMI for your height... if they need to change the rules elsewhere to make it more fair, since some people have an advantage because they have more to lose, then so be it, but that was not cool. They should not encourage people to win by being anorexic because they have to achieve a certain percentage of weight loss that is ridiculous and unhealthy for them. Anorexia is NOT cool! I usually like TBL, but that was not good at all. She was appallingly skinny and needs to gain 20 lbs stat! Hopefully she does so now that she won! Jillian's Oh my God, Oh my God, did not seem like a good kind of shock.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Basically...it looks like she lost all of her muscle. I think she looked WAY healthier before the finale.
    Oh no, the "skinny fat" has hit the silver screen...

-must watch this-
    Grrrr, feel bad for them for not properly being educated on it..

I am in complete shock, There is no 'skinny fat' there is just super skinny. 105 lbs at 5'9" I think? She lost almost 60% of her body weight. She lost every ounce of fat and almost every ounce of muscle in the process. The shock on Jillian's face when she walked out, said it all. I cannot believe the show's producers did not see this coming and put a stop to it. This might be the end of the show after this.
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    I was following reactions on Twitter as I watched and almost nobody was happy with Rachel's win because of her extreme measures.

105 and 4 foot 10, MAYBE. Not for a woman of Rachel's height. EVER.
  • cdfitness200
    cdfitness200 Posts: 26 Member
    Anyone know how tall she actually is? 105 lbs seems like waaaay too small for anyone, except someone very short.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Anyone know how tall she actually is? 105 lbs seems like waaaay too small for anyone, except someone very short.

5'4"
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Basically...it looks like she lost all of her muscle. I think she looked WAY healthier before the finale.
    Oh no, the "skinny fat" has hit the silver screen...

-must watch this-
    Grrrr, feel bad for them for not properly being educated on it..

I am in complete shock, There is no 'skinny fat' there is just super skinny. 105 lbs at 5'9" I think? She lost almost 60% of her body weight. She lost every ounce of fat and almost every ounce of muscle in the process. The shock on Jillian's face when she walked out, said it all. I cannot believe the show's producers did not see this coming and put a stop to it. This might be the end of the show after this.

Her statistics list her at 5'4" - At which 105 lbs is still most DEFINITELY too low. I'm saddened and disappointed. My affinity for the show had already been teetering. I'm now over the edge. Don't think I'll be watching and supporting any more.
  • amandahowze1
    amandahowze1 Posts: 38 Member
    I thought that Rachel looked a little sick also. Maybe they are taking it too the extreme.