Cookies taste better than skinny feels

Options

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Troll removed from this thread... thanks to all for reporting. Please carry on with the excellent success being celebrated here.

Thank you.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Troll removed from this thread... thanks to all for reporting. Please carry on with the excellent success being celebrated here.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Cookies.

And my friend, you've done very well indeed.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Loved reading this!! I'll bet those cookies get washed down with whole milk. ;)
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Oreo...Oreo...Oreo (insert chanty voice)

Congrats to you on your success and finding a balance. :flowerforyou:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Thank you very much Olivia.
    excellent.
  • linka411
    linka411 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did one gram (?) of protein for each pound of body weight, not to exceed 120 grams (?). However, my calorie alottment is high enough that this was never something that I had to watch.

I'm at .85 grams per pound if body weight which gives me 117g at the moment. I do pay attention to my macros (I hit protien then fat then lolcookies. Or gelato.) But I do have a high enough goal that it usually happens without much work.

Except for my occasional high carb day, which I do biweekly or so.

I see, so you upped your caloric intake to compensate for the more protein and just made sure to eat it all. Did you use the TDEE method to figure out your calories? Plus in exchange, you worked out more- I'm sure lifting weights is pretty intense XD.

I'll probably follow up more on this next month when I'm (hopefully) ready to lift weights. I'll be sure to ask for more details to make sure I'm doing this right.

Also, just so I'm not picking brains and bugging you (sorry if I am!), here's my contribution to the cookie sharing party:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-pecan-cookies-10000001687693/

these are pretty good, but a little brittle. I might try adding another egg to make them a little softer next time and see what happens.

Well I upped because I was hangry. No one wants to be around me when I don't have enough to eat; it's an awful awful scene. You can make 100+ grams of protein on a lower calorie goal (That's only 400 calories) but it is much much easier if you're higher up.

I started with the TDEE method but now I use a fitbit which raises my numbers as needed based on activity. My base is 1700 calories (for a 300 calorie deficit) and then it adds calories once I get above 2000 calories burned for the day. Right now I believe it's saying to eat 1946, but I'll probably add a slice of garlic bread to dinner and then call it a night.
    Yeah, I find that my fitbit likes to overestimate a bit too. So I tend to just eat and keep a decent amount left in the green while making sure I'm full. In the morning the fitbit then shrinks down my estimate from the day before so I wind up with a pretty good deficit. I'm still getting the hang of it and I'll probably wind up tweaking my settings again based on what I observe this week, but if anything I just feel great about working out and eating better. and isn't that what this is all about? :)

also, once again congrats on your success so far! :D
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Congrats Chelle! I can't believe I missed this until now!

You look fantastic and your progress is an inspiration for how you can balance your desires to indulge with your desire for results and succeed.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes.. gimme some of the good stuff...

cookie-monster-o.gif
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

:drinker:

No room for trolls when cookies are involved.
  • Dissecti0n
    Options
    Uhh yeah it took you 3.5 years on this site to lose 30 pounds so YES everyone eat tons of cookies so it takes you 4 years to lose all ur weight...Logical

280 days. It says so in my OP. Did you even read it? Or was it just "omg cookies must rage out."

Didn't you say that u have been here 3 years? So you lost no weight in that time

I didn't say that. Might wanna check those user names better.

That said I didn't have weight to lose when I signed up, my original purpose here was to track workouts. I put weight on between 2011 and 2013 while not using MFP. And then I (having not forgot my password) came back when I had weight to lose.

So again. 280 days.

Well when people jump into the middle of the conversation randomly to be ur cosigners who can keep track

I keep track fairly well actually. Different names, avatar, tickers...Not that hard.

Happy person who has been here 3.5 years, lost weight, and is a BAMF or person who has been here a month with a substantial chip on their shoulder about good food/bad food with no progress or success of their own so they try to ruin others?

^^ this person was talking about you being here 3.5 years. Clearly

Which I have. Because I signed up to track workouts, not to lose weight. Not everyone who signs up does so to lose weight. My account has been active since 2010. I lost nearly 30 pounds in 280 days. These statements at both true and in no way work against each other.

Just like I have been here since March 2011 but lost ALL my weight before that -- by like a decade. So it looks like I lost 30 pounds in 3 years, but in reality have been maintaining eating all the darn cookies I want for 10 flipping years.

But no, let's listen to the person can can't remember their password. Ok.

NOW COOKIES.

So you are saying you eat ALL the cookies you want and still maintain. Ok sure

Yes, that is what I am telling you. I have maintained my weight loss for 10+ years eating as many cookies as I felt like eating.

Yes and you weren't eating over ur deficit.
  • Dissecti0n
    Options

Uh is it professional for a staff member to talk to people about removing another user? I use a lot of forums and this is something that is kept for personal PM private. Also, Uhhh I am STILL posting

You aren't very professional
  • Dissecti0n
    Options
    I have never seen a mod ANNOUNCE that they are getting rid of a person, that is unprofessional you send them an email telling them about why they got banned. You guys clearly dont even know how to do ur own jobs. READ your own TOS much?
  • Dissecti0n
    Options

:drinker:

No room for trolls when cookies are involved.

But I am still here, the mod didn't even know how to do their own job
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    This is a cool post. I once hired a trainer to help motivate me to be more consistent. I guess I just didn't know what I was getting into, but she literally told me two things that disturbed me: "its best not to out more than 2 hours so that you're able to stay on track" and "consider this thanksgiving a sacrifice" (and she suggested that I stay home if it would tempt me to stray from my meal plan to be around other people/food).

I felts horrible for those 3 weeks and it all seemed very disordered.

Food often means socializing and vice versa. I would literally rather be a little overweight than deny myself opportunities to be out with the people I love.

Since then I've decided that its worth it to eat out and even have alcohol regularly even if that means very slow weight loss. But guess what? You can still lose weight on a diet that ISN'T 100 percent clean, perfect macro ratio, never missing a workout, etc!
    I know I have :)

So I agree with your origional statement and would also like to add that "bonding with friends and living life to the fullest tastes better than skinny feels".
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    A girl scout appeared in my driveway last weekend, pulling a red wagon full of cookies. Yes, I bought a box of Caramel Delights..and not just to support the Girl Scouts! I am going to eat a couple each day until they are gone. Yum:)
    Congratulations on your success and realistic mindset. We can't eliminate all tastiness. That would be too depressing.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

You're awesome. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    There are sites for these things, like body builder.com and other websites based around things like lifting or how to deal with an eating disorder. This is a website that's main resource is a calorie counting concept, surely that means they intend their users to actually NEED to lose weight..Someone eating cookies is a success story to you? Go look at that other girl that lost like 90 pounds in 1 year.

I know the troll is gone - thanks Olivia! But everybody knows that EVERYONE needs to have a good idea of their nutritional requirements, not just fat people. Right? And everybody knows that regular exercise increases your will power, helps you manage calories and does more to help your body regulate cholesterol than avoiding eggs. Right? Cause it bothers me if that's not commonly known.

I've been skinny. It didn't feel good. It felt normal. But I can tell you that I was very good at portion control (through hunger cues) at the time. MFP is helping me learn these natural signals again. For me, this isn't something I'm going to use all my life. Or use once and forget about. I use MFP to spot me until I can do the full thing on my own. But I never will stop doing it. That is what skinny people do.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    DAMN! I want one or two of those *****es now.

I'm a firm believer in not depriving one's self, as long as it's a small amount rather than a binge.

edit: Really? I can't say b*tches?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!