A Calorie is NOT just a Calorie

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with knowing the truth if it matters where my calories come from.. found this AWESOME article that puts logic to it all. Worth the read

http://authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/

A great article.

For everyone who is dismissing it and backing their a calorie is just a calorie - did you lose your weight by eating a low calorie count of junk food or by eating healthy.

Well done on all of your successes. I am sure though at the heart of each of them what you ate was the result of the success you had.

I don't understand this.
    I guess I could say... I ate/eat in moderation. And I move.
    And are you saying that we ate what we wanted because we were successful? Because that doesn't really made sense. I am successful because of the choices I make.

Strange post is strange.
  • jaiblevins
    Options
    Pizza! Beer! Cookies! YAY!!!
    WORKOUT HARD!!!!
  • Ladydrake12
    Ladydrake12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In for the gifs...

Also, I tried the whole all "healthy" food all the time thing and I failed because binging suddenly becomes a player. I am much more successful now that I don't deprive myself. I also have the best body I have ever had and my ice cream is not exactly following the once on the lips, forever the hips thing...a calorie is a calorie is a calorie...
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was mind blown when I learned this last week. Thankfully we had a guest speaker come into my office and explain it to me. I learned some more stuff too. You can learn about it here.......and ignore the haters.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1190193-guest-speaker-today-at-my-work-what-i-learned

Jackwte22 - please stop posting - either you are a troll, or you are dumber than a box of hammers
  • davenporter
    davenporter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was mind blown when I learned this last week. Thankfully we had a guest speaker come into my office and explain it to me. I learned some more stuff too. You can learn about it here.......and ignore the haters.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1190193-guest-speaker-today-at-my-work-what-i-learned
    total bs, I guessing this was a joke post? Zero science to bck any of that up

Yes, obviously a joke post. Or the guy is a flaming idiot.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    "The real measure of energy is joules"

Yeah, this person has a clear grasp of science....
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with knowing the truth if it matters where my calories come from.. found this AWESOME article that puts logic to it all. Worth the read

A great article.

For everyone who is dismissing it and backing their a calorie is just a calorie - did you lose your weight by eating a low calorie count of junk food or by eating healthy.

Well done on all of your successes. I am sure though at the heart of each of them what you ate was the result of the success you had.

It's called a lifestyle change. I eat/drink what I want. I make it fit. There are NO good/bad foods, just bad eating habits. My weight came off because I changed bad eating habits and started working out.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    According to Seth Rogen calories are a gluten.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    "The real measure of energy is joules"

Yeah, this person has a clear grasp of science....

:laugh:

That's great.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

A great article.

Look at my pics. At my week 1 and current. Tell me my body comp is the same. This is the result of 1700 -2000 calories worth of "junk" in moderation. That means ice cream every night, mcdonalds, pizza. Marcos are my only focus. Not trivial labels. And yes, calories matter

Ice cream mac donalds and pizza all in one night? Wow you've been blessed with genetics!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

A great article.

It appears that she hasn't consistently followed ANY diet from the evidence from her other posts? She's all over the board.

So? Weight loss isn't easy and people stumble. I have. Willing to bet you have too. If she's struggling that just means she needs even more support good advice to follow.

She's been given a lot of good advice and refuses to listen to it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Probably about 50% "junk", not that I generally label foods as "junk", even Cheetos have protein in them.
  • DamePiglet
    Options

Jackwte22 - please stop posting - either you are a troll, or you are dumber than a box of hammers

SBJ! His post was NEITHER! It was a post describing a very stupid incident!!! Is your sarcasm meter broken????
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

A great article.

Look at my pics. At my week 1 and current. Tell me my body comp is the same. This is the result of 1700 -2000 calories worth of "junk" in moderation. That means ice cream every night, mcdonalds, pizza. Marcos are my only focus. Not trivial labels. And yes, calories matter

Ice cream mac donalds and pizza all in one night? Wow you've been blessed with genetics!

No, just the ability to count. As long as the calories add up to less than the daily goal, weight will still be lost.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

A great article.

It's called a lifestyle change. I eat/drink what I want. I make it fit. There are NO good/bad foods, just bad eating habits. My weight came off because I changed bad eating habits and started working out.

Exactly, that proves the point of the person who's written the article. Well done on the weight loss!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

NO.:angry:
  • DamePiglet
    Options

A great article.

or the ability to eat in moderation and fit it into her macros... so, smarts. Yeah, I suppose intelligence has a genetic component.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I didn't know that eating McDonald's, ice cream, and pizza required certain genes.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

A great article.

No, just the ability to count. As long as the calories add up to less than the daily goal, weight will still be lost.

^This. Let's throw in the fact I had my second kid May 16th 2013.

Adherence to your diet and fitness are key components in this but you can achieve that any way you want to slice it. ♡