Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Me personally, I wouldn't use it as a dating site....but the thought of meeting someone who shared a common interest that is high on my priority list (exercise/health/eating) would be neat I would think
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I think everyone likes to flirt and people love to be complimented and appreciated...MFP in itself brings people of like minds together we are all here to change what we were and find the people we have been concealing...

deep friendships can be created sometimes something more, eitherway see where life takes you and dont regret a thing!

~Charlie
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Use MFP as a dating site? Intentionally? No. Never.

Meet someone here that became my best friend, fall in love and live happily ever after? Did, done, doing it now.

<~~ I met that sexy as hell man here almost two years ago. :heart:

Common interests + common life situations + compatible personalities = instant friendship. What you choose to do with it from there is up to you.

Cool a success story on MFP
  • amzypritchard
    amzypritchard Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    nope but if I met someone super awesome I'd deffo consider it :P
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Kris, you got to let it go. An online forum is where carefully crafted posts can display all the thoughts and range of emotions that actual conversation never gives you time to contemplate. Nothing used to leave me more flustered or vocally challenged than when a pretty girl walked up to me and asked me what time it was, or to tell me that my backpack was open. You lose the ability to function because you don't want to mess it up. Be brave, be bold, and take a picture of yourself smiling and use that as your profile pic. Maz gets flirty messages, because she looks amazing in that picture. Not intimidating, or recluse, but like you just said the most incredible thing and she's debating on whether to bat her eyes or laugh out loud. Most importantly, it's about how you see yourself and for that, you got to move on. If it's hard and your struggling, then don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the me that believes in you! Welcome to the digital world where you can embrace whoever you want to be.

*side note, quote from Gurren Lagann in those last few lines*

Well put. Most women love a guy that smiles. Would you wanna be with someone that looked in happy all the time? Neither would they. Just a suggestion and look you got all these people here giving you a boost. Dive in bud. Or your spend the rest of your life wondering "what if "
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm just over here like " how is this man single? " you sir..are smokin. That is all.

:huh: :bigsmile: :devil: :noway:
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm just over here like " how is this man single? " you sir..are smokin. That is all.

Lucky guy.... time to get all jelly. :( lol
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Lucky guy.... time to get all jelly. :( lol

There will be NO jelly sir! :flowerforyou:
  • jenn2375
    jenn2375 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    no and no. Wouldn't be opposed to it thou :wink:
    ^ Agreed!!
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    No we don't pick on hints especially like a guy like me that has never had a relationship and I am 32.I don't know how people can meet online and build on a relationship.I never had anyone send me any pm or anything.It harder for guys to find someone than woman cause woman get hit on all the time guys has to build up the courage to go to them which I never have done before.I figure if I go to a store or something there not there for a nervous guy come up to em and ask em out.I don't think it would work out for me so I choose to never do it.I don't have any friends or anything just family.

Should think bout giving a dating website a try. I'm a single dad and I've done it before. You'd be surprised at the people you meet and how well you might actually click. Nothing serious may happen from it but you can make friends. I didn't think dating sites were that good either until I tried it. I've done match Christian mingle zoosk and plenty of fish. Christian mingle was the
    best IMO. Give it a shot.

I agree give a dating site a go and be open to what people say its all good fun and a confidence booster, or try " Are you interested " on facebook that is how I met my husband we happened to live in the same city Dublin on opposite sides and met up and it went from there. Give it a go :smile:
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah I added another pictures.The thing is my natural look looks like I am frowning.So I could be feeling great but I look like I am frowning.Yeah I have a pretty good sense of humor.I mean is it great when I make people almost piss on themselves.Anyway my 16 year old rated my personality as a 8.4 out of 10 but I talked her into 8.7 lol.I don't really look for dates on facebook since lots of people only think of it to keep in touch with friends and family.I would think some people would like freak out or whatever.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    instead of dwelling on the negative choose 2 things about yourself that you like, learn to accept them and other people will notice the confidence that you have.....
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well, for a fitness site, all I see on here is flirting. Seems like being married or having a SO doesn't matter. So pathetic.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Well, for a fitness site, all I see on here is flirting. Seems like being married or having a SO doesn't matter. So pathetic.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSG9sef4hM0vEciAQ7ceaxfy0fHm9G05EwEUblZXbC5iEaPpHke2k3yRED
  • Jennicia74
    Jennicia74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think for most people they have no intentions of using this as a dating site, but from personal experieince....you can't help who you connect with. I've met some people off my FL in the past. I got hurt a couple of times. I have no regrets. I've seen a few relationships blossom and even one couple get married and are now having a baby! I think if you find someone special on this site it can be a beautiful thing. People are sometimes put in your life for a reason and how that happened shouldn't matter. Online dating has become more and more popular so it doesn't surprise me that there could be some connections here. This site in particular is filled with beautiful people, who for the most part, are supportive, and vulnerable in showing the world their weight loss journey or struggle. I say kuddos to those that can make it work! You never know where you could possibly meet the love of your life...
  • Jennicia74
    Jennicia74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Use MFP as a dating site? Intentionally? No. Never.

Meet someone here that became my best friend, fall in love and live happily ever after? Did, done, doing it now.

<~~ I met that sexy as hell man here almost two years ago. :heart:

Common interests + common life situations + compatible personalities = instant friendship. What you choose to do with it from there is up to you.

^^^ this happens to be the one couple I know that has made it work and I'm hella jealous of their story!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

2hhd652.gif
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

2hhd652.gif

giphy.gif
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am shy and social anxiety.I figure no girl I ever gonna find attractinve or whatever enough to go up to would go with a 6 ft 306 lbs fat dude with no self esteem or confidence but maybe I would get some if I could get a girlfriend but people tell me it will happen.I doubt it since I have no friends and I don't go anywhere.I have signed on some free dating sites but nothing really happens yet.If I send a msg I don't get a reply.

Most people have a little bit of insecurity, bud. I do but I don't let that hold me back from meeting people. The next time you're out, try to approach a woman. Bring up something simple like the weather and see if you can carry a conversation with her (even if it's a short one). I've asked men out before and gotten rejected. Talk about feeling dumb when you give a guy your number and he never calls/texts haha. Getting back out there is the trick to finding happiness. (:

This was lovely advice! I've been rejected a whole bunch of times too, it stings but you have to get out there and try. If you have social anxiety start slow till you can get more comfortable with the idea of being around people. I've dated larger guys and skinny guys, personality does count to a lot of woman... it's the most important thing to me. There's someone out there for you trust me-- and I promise that's just not cliched optimism. :flowerforyou: