Biggest Loser's Rachel Frederickson's 155 weight loss??

Options

Replies

• Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So you're saying looking like you're 40 is inherently ugly and you feel bad for all 40 year olds. Gahd.

I'm in serious doubt about the route that was taken to achieve her end weight, but plus 5 pounds (or not even, she seems to still be carrying a little around her stomach) and she's the same weight as a Victoria's Secret model/celebrity and on the lower end of a healthy BMI. So ripping apart the way she LOOKS is totally dumb, what she eats and how she exercises are the parts to focus on.
    BMI is for masses, anyway, that's another topic.

Thin shaming is as bad as fat shaming.

^^^^^PREACH!^^^^^
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    When she left the ranch she was 19% BF and had 121lbs of lean mass and 28.5lbs of fat. Now she is 105lbs. So she lost AT LEAST 30lbs of lean mass IN A MONTH. That is a HUGE amount of lean tissue that she's catabolized in a very short amount of time between the second last episode filming and the finale. Shes not somebody you should look up to, JMO. Losing 45lbs in a month is extreme for anyone, but its ridiculous for someone who was already in a normal weight range. She had to have had a 5000+ deficit a day.

Quoting to remind folks of her stats.

Imho, it's not that 105 is always too thin on everyone her height, but to go from 121 lbs of lean mass and end up weighing 16 lbs under your LBM in 3 months is pretty sick.

I think she was at 150 when she had 19% BF, no? She is not meant to be 105, I'd say! I wonder how low her BF is now? That's why she looks so gaunt, I think (I did too when a disease caused me to lose to a really scary BMI; I lost a lot of muscle too).
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Moral of the story is if 250K is dangled before you , you can lose as much as 60% of your body weight but if your life is threatened by obesity complications you don't! So is your life worth less than just 250K??
  • changergirl
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread just the first couple of pages so I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but she lost 150 pounds in a couple of months which means she is going to have loose skin. She probably has about 10 extra pounds in loose skin meaning she's really 95 pounds.....and people are trying to say she's at a healthy weight!!! I find that absolutely amazing.
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When she left the ranch she was 19% BF and had 121lbs of lean mass and 28.5lbs of fat. Now she is 105lbs. So she lost AT LEAST 30lbs of lean mass IN A MONTH. That is a HUGE amount of lean tissue that she's catabolized in a very short amount of time between the second last episode filming and the finale. Shes not somebody you should look up to, JMO. Losing 45lbs in a month is extreme for anyone, but its ridiculous for someone who was already in a normal weight range. She had to have had a 5000+ deficit a day.

Quoting to remind folks of her stats.

Imho, it's not that 105 is always too thin on everyone her height, but to go from 121 lbs of lean mass and end up weighing 16 lbs under your LBM in 3 months is pretty sick.

I think she was at 150 when she had 19% BF, no? She is not meant to be 105, I'd say! I wonder how low her BF is now? That's why she looks so gaunt, I think (I did too when a disease caused me to lose to a really scary BMI; I lost a lot of muscle too).

I thought it was clarified that it was over several months? :S I'm not sure, we don't have the U.S show in Australia.
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread just the first couple of pages so I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but she lost 150 pounds in a couple of months which means she is going to have loose skin. She probably has about 10 extra pounds in loose skin meaning she's really 95 pounds.....and people are trying to say she's at a healthy weight!!! I find that absolutely amazing.

She didn't lose 150 pounds in a couple of months and I highly doubt she has ten pounds of loose skin. But I don't know that, and neither do you.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    lol the camera does not add 10lbs people just say that to feel good
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

i wish there was a "like" button in here.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    IMO she looked completely unhealthy and I don't think she deserved to win. Sure it's a game show about weight loss but if that's the weight loss their promoting and celebrating then the show needs to go or they need to revamp it; it really needs to promote a healthy lifestyle in conjunction with the weight loss.

She went from one unhealthy extreme to another. She looked unhealthy. I liked her competitiveness and was rooting for her until she stepped out, she/they went too far and I won't applaud that. I probably won't watch that show anymore. It has nothing to do with "thin shaming", she's just flat out unhealthy. 5'4 at 105 is a BMI of 18 which is underweight.
  • jagged95
    jagged95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    She's a few pounds (5-8) underweight - she likely lost extra to A) win the grand prize and B) give her some cushion to gain about 10 pounds when she gets back to her normal schedule post Biggest Loser. She's a former athlete - if you saw her standing in line in front of you at Starbucks you probably wouldn't say that she looks bad, you'd hardly notice her at all, just another skinny girl.
  • loveculturefitmom
    Options
    I was shock when they said she is 28. she don't look 28 at all in the after pic. like I said if she happy when she look at her self in the mirror, it all worth it. jM and Harper faces said it all! we women sometime we don't know when to stop.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    She's a few pounds (5-8) underweight - she likely lost extra to A) win the grand prize and B) give her some cushion to gain about 10 pounds when she gets back to her normal schedule post Biggest Loser. She's a former athlete - if you saw her standing in line in front of you at Starbucks you probably wouldn't say that she looks bad, you'd hardly notice her at all, just another skinny girl.

Hopefully she decides to let some come back. If I saw her in line at a Starbucks, I'd cringe a little and wonder if she was ill.
  • ak1smith
    ak1smith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I didn't think they where allowed to have any kind of surgery until after the final weigh in??
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Anyone got a shot of jillians shocked face?

Her and Bob were NOT ok with that.

Tonya's face (the girl behind Jillian) is even better!

Omg, you're right. Tonya mouthed, "woah," and not in a good way.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

i wish there was a "like" button in here.

Yes, it is...

...BUT that's not what people (save a few) are doing here. She doesn't look healthy, right now, AT ALL. IF she had biceps and some fullness to her face, then she'd look healthier. The number on the scale isn't of concern to me. The level of lean body mass loss IS astounding, though...and not in a good way.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    IMO she looked completely unhealthy and I don't think she deserved to win. Sure it's a game show about weight loss but if that's the weight loss their promoting and celebrating then the show needs to go or they need to revamp it; it really needs to promote a healthy lifestyle in conjunction with the weight loss.

She went from one unhealthy extreme to another. She looked unhealthy. I liked her competitiveness and was rooting for her until she stepped out, she/they went too far and I won't applaud that. I probably won't watch that show anymore. It has nothing to do with "thin shaming", she's just flat out unhealthy. 5'4 at 105 is a BMI of 18 which is underweight.

^^This, completely.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I felt bad for Dave and Jay. Both of them had huge losses and looked amazing, but because the were the last to weigh in for the at-home and finals, they got overshadowed by the winners. They didn't get their moment to shine.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I felt bad for Dave and Jay. Both of them had huge losses and looked amazing, but because the were the last to weigh in for the at-home and finals, they got overshadowed by the winners. They didn't get their moment to shine.

I agree, Jay looked awesome!!! So did Dave.

Jay looked great in the episode before they left the Ranch. I think he was like 7 pounds form his goal weight. Glad to see he didn't sell out for money!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Yes, I didn't notice it at first but when I did I couldn't help laughing my @ss off.

As for the topic at hand. Do I think Rachel may have gone overboard? Yes, maybe, we don't know her true stats. For one I've read she's three different heights. We don't know how well she was monitored or her true health stats. Do I think she looks a little unhealthy? Yes. Do I blame her for getting caught up in the hype and money? No.

I do hate the message it sends. My friend's 11 year old (who is already 5'6") stated right after the show that she wants to be as skinny as Rachel. Luckily my friend is on top of it and already lives a healthy lifestyle but how many girls don't have a role model to guide them and now will go to drastic extremes to get as skinny as Rachel? Also, what happens in future seasons? Now the goal will be to beat Rachel's 60% body weight loss. Where will NBC/Biggest Loser draw the line?

I don't think it's fair that Rachel is receiving the back lash that NBC/BL should be receiving. She did an amazing job and deserves to be happy, I just really hope she is in the right mind set and didn't take the unhealthy methods taught to her by BL to the extreme. I hope NBC/BL will take this and change their focus to body fat percentage over scale weight.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

Yes, I didn't notice it at first but when I did I couldn't help laughing my @ss off.

As for the topic at hand, Do I think Rachel may have gone overboard? Yes, maybe, we don't know her true stats. For one I've read she's three different heights. We don't know how well she was monitored or her true health stats. Do I think she looks a little unhealthy? Yes. Do I blame her for getting caught up in the hype and money? No.

I do hate the message it sends. My friend's 11 year old (who is already 5'6") stated right after the show that she wants to be as skinny as Rachel. Luckily my friend is on top of it and already lives a healthy lifestyle but how many girls don't have a role model to guide them and now will go to drastic extremes to get as skinny as Rachel? Also, what happens in future seasons? Now the goal will be to beat Rachel's 60% body weight loss. Where will NBC/Biggest Loser draw the line?

I don't think it's fair that Rachel is receiving the back lash that NBC/BL should be receiving. She did an amazing job and deserves to be happy, I just really hope she is in the right mind set and didn't take the unhealthy methods taught to her by BL to the extreme. I hope NBC/BL will take this and change their focus to body fat percentage over scale weight.

Yep. I definitely think it's astounding how NBC/BL is adamantly supporting Rachel's weight loss as if this is a good thing. We're not stupid. We.Can.See.Her. She needs to put on a few pounds, for sure.

I've always enjoyed the BL, but the last few seasons have become less and less enjoyable.