Adopt a Noob - Official MFP thread

Options

Replies

• RichardAZ
    RichardAZ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have plenty to say... When cornered. For right now, I will be brief. I am a male, 42-year-old software developer who has been writing health, nutrition and exercise software for years. I know a great deal about what food and activities make our body happy. I use MFP to log my calories and keep me honest on my goal of losing a few pounds and reducing my body fat % to a reasonable 20%. I work hard and have four kids at home, so exercise is tough to come by. When do I get the time, I love to ride my road bike as far and as fast as possible. Or jog for about 50 feet before my feet/legs start to hurt :)

I am friendly, outgoing person, who loves to talk about just about anything.

Please be my MFP friend :) I will do my best to be a good mentor.

Richard
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I enthusiastically cosign Rayman as a mentor.

ditto.

aww thanks for the support gals. I feel all warm and fuzzy now :bigsmile: .
  • fitcrystal1121
    fitcrystal1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm looking for a mentor... I signed up on this site almost a week ago. I am 22 years old 5ft7 215. I want to loose about 60 lbs. I am struggling with the calorie workout thing... I am working out and under eating i guess? I'm not sure. I just need someone who can help me with a plan. I'm really good with sticking to it . I just suck as making a plan! If anyone is interested in some light mentoring it would be a huge helpp :)
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm looking for a mentor... I signed up on this site almost a week ago. I am 22 years old 5ft7 215. I want to loose about 60 lbs. I am struggling with the calorie workout thing... I am working out and under eating i guess? I'm not sure. I just need someone who can help me with a plan. I'm really good with sticking to it . I just suck as making a plan! If anyone is interested in some light mentoring it would be a huge helpp :)
    Hi crystalkirven, and welcome! Have a read through the mentors listed in this thread, and try sending a PM to some of them that sound like you might have common ground; you'll find someone who will be mutually beneficial.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to adopt some ! I already have an MFP big brother <3
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Bump!
  • AmyML44
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy and I am having to struggle to keep off extra pounds for the first time in my life. My friends don't really care about health and fitness so I'm looking for someone to cheer me on. :flowerforyou:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy and I am having to struggle to keep off extra pounds for the first time in my life. My friends don't really care about health and fitness so I'm looking for someone to cheer me on. :flowerforyou:
    Hi Amy, and welcome. Have a read through the mentors listed in this thread, and try sending a PM to some of them that sound like you might have common ground; you'll find someone who will be mutually beneficial.
  • ikn1982
    Options
    Hello, I'm fairly new here and I know I'm supposed to read through the previous posts of super-nice type people willing to mentor . . ..but I was wondering if I could put the word out to see if there are any members out there who have been able to loose a good amount of weight who also have PCOS? Thanks in advance!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Hello, I'm fairly new here and I know I'm supposed to read through the previous posts of super-nice type people willing to mentor . . ..but I was wondering if I could put the word out to see if there are any members out there who have been able to loose a good amount of weight who also have PCOS? Thanks in advance!
    Yes there are! Just click that "search" link up above, type "PCOS mentor", click "search", and Vie-oh-lah! You will find at least two people willing to mentor who have experience with PCOS. Best of luck!
  • ikn1982
    Options
    Holy crap, would you look at that! Thanks! I was starting to get dizzy reading post to post . . .blame it on my new-ness and sleepless night from a sick baby
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    '

If you look in the groups section, there is a whole group dedicated to women who have PCOS
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would like to participate and adopt a noob!

Info on me: 5'8 woman, looking to get down to 140lbs, am at 168ish now, started out over 200. I live in Michigan and I like owls.
  • Stacy_Kerns
    Options
    Hello!

I'm not new to myfitnesspal for calorie tracking but I am new to participating in the forums. I am also just getting back into shape after having a baby (8mo. old now). I am currently 5' 4.5" and 151lbs. I am looking to drop fat weight and keep my lean muscle weight. I'm not sure how this mentor thing works, but I am interested in connecting with others who have had to lose this type of weight. I'm looking to drop about 23 lbs.
  • sbernardy
    Options
    Hello.. I'm looking for some extra motivation.. just to keep me going.. making sure I logging in everyday.. and working out.. Thanks

:)
  • niaomidawn
    Options
    HI!
    I am looking to be someones "noob" lol. I am working on 100 lb loss... I am 33, eat as clean as possible, and do tap out xt.. I also am in a yoga class once a week.
    If anyone is still looking for a noob and we are a good fit please add me :)
    Thanks!!
  • Christilew2
    Options
    Hi I'm new to MFP and would like to be adopted too :) I have 125# to lose and could use some support, advice and whatever else there is to offer. I'm looking for a few buddies to take this journey with.
  • Fatgirlslim80s
    Fatgirlslim80s Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Adopt me please :) I'm 32 5'2 and I think I weigh 180lbs I need to weigh in... I'm pretty confused as I thought I'd try the 5:2 diet but not sure if I still stick to 1200 calories on non fast days.. I've joined the gym and do mostly classes there.. I've tried aqua, step, spinning, freestyle yoga and Pilates. I'm gonna go to the gym at least 3 times a week last week I went 6 times doing classes. I want to start weight training at the gym aswell as I've read good results on here for weight loss. I'm rubbish when it comes to my diet I'm on a budget and I don't like seafood. I would really love some help please xxx
  • Nikbangles
    Nikbangles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also a Noob looking to be adopted. I'm in need to getting off 65 pounds. I have children that I want to see grow and I know my weight is unhealthy. Please consider adopting me and helping me along the way.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the newbies :)

There are a number of people who are willing to help out the newcomers, but it is best if there is some common ground or shared views on health/fitness/fat loss, please take a few minutes to read through some posts and/or profiles of the mentors (there is a full list on pg 1), and make contact with the one you think fits you best.

Welcome and good luck!