So this was something new today

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't think people go into the locker room to hit on people. They go to get their business done and leave.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    How did he even know they were gay?

And Maximus - what about bisexuals? Seems to me we are going to need a lot of locker rooms!

ETA: straight male; no problems with sharing a locker room

You're right. Right now, from a locker room level, women are protected from men who are sexually attracted to them. Why aren't men afforded that same luxury?

And to the others on this thread.... take this to another level... Are you comfortable with a gay individual being in the locker room of your child?

:laugh: So adorable you think locker rooms are to protect women from men. If anything, it just stops us from having to see the excess elbow skin.

If you guys ever saw what we get up to in there, you'd be crying in the corner!
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm only offended if they don't share their manscaping tips. I had to learn the hard way not to take clippers to the area that resembles an elephant's elbow.

this is the best laugh I've had all day .. thank you. :drinker:
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    this whole thing reminds me of the Ansari interview where he was talking about how racist people are dying off since so many seniors are racist! Same goes with heterosexists (people that assume everyone is straight unless stated otherwise) and homophobes...

AZIZ_110613.png
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This whole thing reminds me of the Ansari interview where he was talking about how racist people are dying off since so many seniors are racist! Same goes with heterosexists (people that assume everyone is straight unless stated otherwise) and homophobes...
    AZIZ_110613.png

Aziz Ansari is a spectacular human being.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Read this...
    ... He was a newer member and said that the "gay" males that are members should have a separate area instead of being in the general population...

And immediately thought of this....

http://highlighthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/wentworth_miller7620101.jpg

Happy to have him share my locker room any day :tongue:
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of men's restroom rules. Look forward, don't make eye contact, no conversation. I honestly wish women had those same rules in the bathroom. I don't want to get chatty with a random stranger while we're doing our business. But if those rules were followed in a gym, it really wouldn't matter what the sexual orientation of the people in there was because no one would be looking at each other and no one would be speaking to each other.

Why can't people just do this??!!!!!

One day, minding my own business, head down, reading the paper that I sat on the bench, changing my clothes, when.....

Buck naked woman with a patch of hair on her chest leans over and attempts to read my paper. Ughhhhhh.

These days, I shower at home, and zoom in and out. And I'm also grossed out by the guys that stop working out to ogle the exercise classes.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me. I'm not arrogant enough to think all men/gay women will see me semi-dressed and find me irresistibly attractive.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Coed sauna, coed changing room, with little cabins to switch out of clothes but coed showers, for the pool I use with my daughters. IDGAF.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    It would make me uncomfortable to some degree, but mostly I think it isn't fair for them to get a free show if they are attracted. Not cool.
    So if they paid it would alright?:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    And I'm also grossed out by the guys that stop working out to ogle the exercise classes.

Oh. Sorry.
  • abickford82
    Options
    Um, no. They aren't hurting anyone or anything.

I'm more offended by the gross old men who watch my booty bounce while I run on the treadmill.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that the majority of responses here are reasonable and empathetic. The point is, there is BEHAVIOR that is appropriate in a locker room, and BEHAVIOR that is not. The personal life of the person performing said behavior is irrelevant.
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that the majority of responses here are reasonable and empathetic. The point is, there is BEHAVIOR that is appropriate in a locker room, and BEHAVIOR that is not. The personal life of the person performing said behavior is irrelevant.

Exactly. I don't care what your sexuality is, just be respectful, pure and simple. Every now and then I run into this woman at my gym who insists on being naked the whole time she's there (I've never even see her workout, I only see her in the locker room -for hours). We have a dry sauna in the locker room where she seems to have to sit in a meditative position when she's in there... really? is that needed? I don't want to see that nor does my 15yr old daughter. I'm all for being comfortable with your body, I wish I was, just have some respect for others.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't care one bit. If a gay guy is attracted to me in a locker room...so what? I'll let the insecure folks of the world worry about that.

So you're cool if I go into your wife's locker room? I mean, surely she isn't insecure about that.

To be honest, I don't know that I would care. I don't feel like I would. Maybe not you, as you seem to have a different view of what happens in locker rooms, but either way, it's not a fair question. Do I care if there are lesbians in the locker room looking at my wife (which I don't have by the way), I can tell you that I would not care at all.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

So as long as I display appropriate behavior, you'll let me into your locker room? The fact that I'm heterosexual is irrelevant.

Given the social norms of separate locker rooms, your presence in the women's locker room would itself constitute inappropriate behavior, but yes, the fat that you're heterosexual is irrelevant.
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options

As a hetrosexual, I am not allowed in the women's locker room because I am sexually attracted to them. Gay men should have that same limitation.

Or are you in a different locker room because you are physically different from them?
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This thread is insane...