THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I cant believe so many people thought that was a good episode. I used to like the show but its been going down hill for quite awhile in my opinion. I thought that was VERY underwhelming for a reason opener ..horrible acting and boring. That is the last one I will be watching.
    That's exactly why I did like it. The end of the mid-season finale was so crazy, hectic, heart-breaking...I don't think most fans could handle much more death or destruction right off the bat. This is a show about an apocalypse and people trying to find humanity and civilization again. The zombies and the gore is not the focal point of the show. So this episode did exactly what is expected and focused on the character development and showing the emotional aspect. Carl has clearly been building a lot up growing up in this world and finally exploded. I'm amazed he's not sitting somewhere in shock but this world is almost making shock a think of the past. Nothing is shocking anymore.

To each their own though! lol! :flowerforyou:

YES!!
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am still so sad that Hershel died!

Love the theory about Carol and Judith...I hope that happens!

Mixed feelings about the episode, I generally find Carl quite irritating but I enjoyed his character journey last night. I really don't think it was Michonne at the door at the end though...!

Not really a fan of when they split up the characters though and each episode focuses on a different group but excited to see what happens in the rest of the series.

Does anyone play the Walking Dead Telltale game?!

Why wouldn't it have been Michonne at the door? WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME CONSIDER IT SOMEONE ELSE? LOL. Now I've got major anxiety and a huge feeling we won't find out til 2 episodes from now.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Daryl :flowerforyou: ...that is all I have to say

This.

Me too. :)

VEroLcp.jpg
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping eventually they find Baby Judith alive...I think she was taken onto the bus. Hoping the writers wouldn't be that cruel! It was good, I enjoyed it. Waiting for Daryl next week!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    For those that hate Carl - you do realize that Carl is a kid and not an adult, right? Have you ever spent any time around kids his age? How long do you think most would last in that environment?

Try to imagine the show in "real world" terms (I know, it is a zombie show, but try anyways), not by Hollywood fantasy standards, and you'll see that Carl has endured more mental scars and tragedy than anyone else on that show, and is doing an amazing job of keeping it together. Now if he would just get rid of that silly hat...
  • louiseoxford
    louiseoxford Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Mixed feelings about the episode, I generally find Carl quite irritating but I enjoyed his character journey last night. I really don't think it was Michonne at the door at the end though...!

Not really a fan of when they split up the characters though and each episode focuses on a different group but excited to see what happens in the rest of the series.

Why wouldn't it have been Michonne at the door? WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME CONSIDER IT SOMEONE ELSE? LOL. Now I've got major anxiety and a huge feeling we won't find out til 2 episodes from now.

Haha I'm sorry! It's just the way they built it up so much that I just thought it was too predictable to be her?! Maybe it's Carol at the door?! I wish we could find out sooner!!
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Haha I'm sorry! It's just the way they built it up so much that I just thought it was too predictable to be her?! Maybe it's Carol at the door?! I wish we could find out sooner!!

I like the theory that it's Michonne at the door with Carl's shoe. Who would Rick laugh at and say to Carl "it's for you"? I think logically the only person it could be is her. Especially with the knowledge now that Michonne had a son and with how close Michonne and Carl got last season (with her getting that picture for Carl of him with his mom and dad together) I don't think she'd just run away from Rick and Carl. I think she feels a bit of that "family" feeling with them. Alone, she's detached from the world and seems to go insane. I think she feels more normal when she's a part of the group.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I liked the episode, especially seeing Michonne struggle with being dead or truly alive. She's come so far and wants to live and not be alone. It was also telling that they showed her son, I don't think they mentioned she had a son before. I don't remember if they said she had a son in the books as far as I read...it gives another dimension to her guarded behavior in the beginning.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping eventually they find Baby Judith alive...I think she was taken onto the bus. Hoping the writers wouldn't be that cruel! It was good, I enjoyed it. Waiting for Daryl next week!

They are indeed that cruel - remember Sophie staggering out of Hershel's barn?? :cry:
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I think someone from the group is going to meet up with Carol along the way. My guess is that it's going to be Daryl and Beth. I think Judith is dead just from the comments from the producers during Talking Dead.
  • daphnedecena
    Options
    was a bit pissed at carl at first but in the end ♥ ♥ ♥
  • dallasvol
    dallasvol Posts: 4 Member
    Options

It was tough to see Herschel's zombie head.

I think you mrean it was tough to see "Herschel Walker's" head?!? :-)

Sorry, I can never resist a bad pun...
  • undertall2014
    Options
    Hope a biter gets Carl.

Yep, this!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The show was a good slow pace episode, for the most part. I like that we will be getting back stories on the characters! As for those that are bad mouthing Carl... well he IS A TEENAGER! And anyone that has a teenager or been through the teenage years KNOWS THIS IS EXACTLY how they would act! Hell they wrote him perfectly in my eyes... All teenage boys THINK they are tougher then they are! When push comes to shove they find out just how tough they ARE NOT! He has come a long way in his character and that is the part that I like. I really hope they all meet back up before the end of the season! I want a calm ending this time... :) I don't like to wish the weekend would hurry up and get over with BUT... since it comes on Sunday nights... HURRY UP ALREADY!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    The show was a good slow pace episode, for the most part. I like that we will be getting back stories on the characters! As for those that are bad mouthing Carl... well he IS A TEENAGER! And anyone that has a teenager or been through the teenage years KNOWS THIS IS EXACTLY how they would act! Hell they wrote him perfectly in my eyes... All teenage boys THINK they are tougher then they are! When push comes to shove they find out just how tough they ARE NOT! He has come a long way in his character and that is the part that I like. I really hope they all meet back up before the end of the season! I want a calm ending this time... :) I don't like to wish the weekend would hurry up and get over with BUT... since it comes on Sunday nights... HURRY UP ALREADY!

Yes, they wrote him PERFECTLY, and yes, I still want to punch him in the face. But also agree with poster above, I NEED a gif of Carl getting his @ss handed to him by a door!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I didn't really think this was a very strong episode. It moved at a glacial pace (although still better than the beginning of season 2) but got some things established. Carl while he thought he was completely independent realized he still needed his father, Rick isn't dead, and Michonne 1) had a baby, 2) used her former BF and bestie as her walkers when we first met her, 3) she's battling some serious demons (which we could have guessed) and 4) she's really happy to have found Carl and Rick.

It took over 40 minutes to tell us that.

I don't read the comics, but I have read that the remaining episodes of S4 are going to be very dark. There is a lot of speculation as to what that means. One theory revolves around Carol, Tyresse and Lizzie.
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    Eeeewwwwwww Daryl/ Looks like a dirty guy that hasn't showered in weeks. How can any of you girls think he's hot? If he wasn't famous and have money and you saw him walking on the street, you wouldn't look twice at him. I can't believe how some people act because they're just a celebrity. hahahahaha!!!
    [/quote

I think most of us like his character. It is Daryl that is sexy. He is a baddass, practical, sweet man. I'd have to clean him up first, but I'm guessing I wouldnt be able to smell him over myself in that situation anyway.
  • mandifriesen
    mandifriesen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for next week!!!! :wink: