What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    being called fat
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I guess it is helpful somehow to come to terms with the pain we have been dealt. But how are you playing that hand? Don't get stuck in the hurtfulness of it all. Do whatever it takes to let it go and then fill up the space where it was with the opposite: You are beautiful. You are strong. You are disciplined. You can do anything you want. You are smart and kind. I can't control the hurtful things that have happened to me, but there is no chapter in my history reserved for that *kitten*... it would take up space, weigh me down and harm me... it would hinder me from what I am becoming. Yes there are hurtful things that have been said along the way. I make it my business to be out of the company of repeat offenders, I don't care if they are family. I don't care who they are- there is no space in my life for it because after I take out the trash, there is no room for insult to creep in. I'm busy filling up my life with people, places, things that support my excellence. :heart:
  • undertall2014
    Options
    My ex sister in law said...If you keep losing all this weight you might be able to look good in a bikini.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    "You look good now (I weighed 115 lb and was tired and hangry all the time) but if you ever get to 130 lbs we can be friends but we won't be sleeping together."--said by ex douche bf.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I had begun going to a water exercise class. I had a three year old and a one year old. At the time, I think I weighed about 160. I am 5'9". One of the ladies asked me when I was due. I told her I wasn't pregnant. Her response was, "Really? You might want to have a test to be sure."
  • MurderMonroe
    MurderMonroe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Being an African-American female, and an African-American male replied to my "going to the gym" comment with, "Why are you trying to be skinny? What are you trying to be white?" Obnoxiously ignorant. That was like 4 years ago and I'm still like WTF :grumble:
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse. I had a patient ask me, "Are you pregnant, or just fat?" I replied, "just fat!"
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    When my mom told me, "You look wide at that angle, don't stand like that" (I am 5'9" and was around 135 at that time...obviously no where near even overweight) when my sister and I were posing for family photos on vacation back to back. I know it's silly, but I've just never really forgotten it and it keeps me from being super confident about my body.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    when I was younger people used to tell me I looked anorexic
    I will never understand why ANYONE feels they have the right to comment on anyone's weight/size.
  • brayman1701
    brayman1701 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I got told by a woman once that I should f*** off and die you fat ugly f***. what makes it worse was I never even spoke to her she just came up to me and said it and walked off.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    One comes to mind and it was after I lost weight actually. I was discussing my weight loss with the owner of one of the gyms I go to and showed him a picture of my before and he made the most awful face and said "Ewwww...what is that" he had not idea that I was showing him what I looked like. To this day that breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes because I was still the same kind, loving person I am now, that did not change. But all he saw was a nasty, gross, ugly fat woman.
  • lindzalexis
    lindzalexis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A guy once told me, as we were getting to know each other and things were getting flirty, that he wasn't sure if he could be attracted to me because I was so big. I'm 5'7 and weighed 155 at the time.
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    after years of battling a serious illness i finally had enough energy to attend a family gathering. a childhood friend of my brother's was there and when i walked into the room he shouted out across the room to me, "i remember when you were hot! girl! you really have let yourself go! i can't believe the weight you have gained!" i was shocked and mortified and everyone became quiet. he knew i had been sick! so i smiled real big at him, and said, "hey bill! nice to see that you're still an *kitten*! i can lose my weight but unfortunately you will always be an *kitten*! give my condolences to your beautiful wife!" (she was sitting right next to him and this was the first time we were all meeting her) everyone started laughing and saying it's true....she married a jerk and we went on to enjoy our day but it did sting and i never forgot it. as for bill, his new bride left him after 6 months...he's still an *kitten*! as for me...i'm getting well and slowly and steadily taking off the weight!
  • Filmlotus
    Filmlotus Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    "No one will ever be attracted to you because you're fat. If any man says that you're pretty, he's lying to you" - A guy I used to date.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Being an African-American female, and an African-American male replied to my "going to the gym" comment with, "Why are you trying to be skinny? What are you trying to be white?" Obnoxiously ignorant. That was like 4 years ago and I'm still like WTF :grumble:

I haaaaaaate that our people can think being fit is "a white thing." I had little support from my AA friends on my journey and would just work really hard on hiding it or bringing it up.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My ex told me on our anniversary in the parking lot to the restaurant we were going to have lunch at to celebrate:
    "I'm just not interested in sex with you anymore. It's like having sex with a fat pig. You are too fat for me and it disgusts me."

I stayed in the car and cried before I joined him. I dumped him after 8 years of dating when he told me that I had to pick between him and my 11 year old daughter. I told him not to let the door hit him on the way out. I should have done it sooner.
  • ckidd311
    ckidd311 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1 - when someone asked me if I was pregnant. I was not.

2 - (best one) "wow - it looks like you've been eating well!" ... thanks dad.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    About a month ago I my grandparents had invited us out to dinner at McDonald's (they eat there almost nightly). During dinner they were grilling my on my experiences with the Army in Alaska. When I told them that the only part that really sucked was having to run 4-6 miles outside 4 times a week until it was colder than -25 my Grandfather looked at me and said " If you worked out so much up there how'd you get so fat?"
  • RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ive never gotten too many comments but I did once get the "you'd be really pretty if you weren't so big."