The meanest thing just happened :-(

Options

Replies

• johnny7625
    Options
    you don't need anybody's approval you look great and that guy is a douche !
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Currently, i weigh 136 at 5'6. Which is 8-11 pounds lighter than my outdated pics on here (most of them I was around 144, one I was at 147) so I know im not big and blah but I'm so desperate to get to 125. I was just at the gym when this guy who is usually there when I am comes up to me for the first time and says *it's so nice to see you here so often! Once you lose 20 pounds, Youre going to look amazing.* I just said *um. I don't intend on losing 20 pounds* and he goes *well, that's my recommendation. I think you should rethink your goals.* I literally went into the lockerroom and cried :-(. Just wanted to share it. Too embarrassed to rant to anyone I know so thanks for reading.

You definitely don't need to lose 20lbs... hell, you look perfect in your current photos.

Disregard the *kitten*, they are everywhere and seem to be in higher concentrations at the gym. You look amazing already, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Keep up the good work!
  • LKW59
    LKW59 Posts: 28
    Options
    All I can say is . . . WOW.

I can't believe the nerve of this guy.
  • javonjay76
    javonjay76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's a ploy......He says something mean, you'll think about, then ask him for his recommendations, he gets to know you better and then he'll ask you out.

You look great! So that was the only way he could think of to approach you. "Break you down, make you vunerable and then pounce".

Stir clear.... act like he doesn't exist and the conversation never happen. I'll bet you he'll approach you in the "I'm sorry if I offended you.......
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Holy hell. If a guy can be a douche to a gorgeous girl like you, then there is no hope for humanity. I just thought it was us chubby girls who got the rude comments.....

Oh, no - everyone gets the nasty comments at some point. People better not be losing weight because they want to please everyone else. 'Cause when it comes down to it, this stuff happens at every age, gender, weight, and height. It's just more often to some than others.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Currently, i weigh 136 at 5'6. Which is 8-11 pounds lighter than my outdated pics on here (most of them I was around 144, one I was at 147) so I know im not big and blah but I'm so desperate to get to 125. I was just at the gym when this guy who is usually there when I am comes up to me for the first time and says *it's so nice to see you here so often! Once you lose 20 pounds, Youre going to look amazing.* I just said *um. I don't intend on losing 20 pounds* and he goes *well, that's my recommendation. I think you should rethink your goals.* I literally went into the lockerroom and cried :-(. Just wanted to share it. Too embarrassed to rant to anyone I know so thanks for reading.

Wow. I would have gone all ninja on his *kitten*.

And you look great by the way! Screw him.
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Bet he doesnt have a girlfriend...LOL
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Screw him.

I think that's what he's after. D-bags don't know how to be decent men, so they run the insult route to break women down so they'll screw 'em.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    sorry that happened to you. Just remember, that's one guys opinion, not yours. Yours is the only one that counts.
  • zapinkleopard
    Options
    I would have said "Thank you! And you too are going to look great once you get in shape."
  • SydnieBean5
    Options
    "once he gets some class, he'll be a gentleman" He's an *kitten* and not worth you worrying about. Men like that are a waste of oxygen, so don't waste your energy dwelling on his worthless opinion.
  • traerjudy
    traerjudy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*. Total butt!
  • jkolbe94
    Options
    That makes me so mad. Flashback to every rude comment on my weight...
    Thing is, though, you're gorgeous. Doesn't look like you have an ounce on you that's not supposed to be there. I've always been the "fat girl," and I've grown tough skin because of it.

Just shoot back a snarky comment next time :)
    Keep your chin up, and prove that douche bag wrong
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When I was in my 20's, a remark like that would have made me cry and re-evaluate my goals.

Now that I'm in my 40's, I either would have punched the guy, or told him to go **** himself.

Sometimes getting old is nice.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I would have said "Thank you! And you too are going to look great once you get in shape."

Or "I can lose weight. However, you will always be a dumb as$."
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Now that was funny.
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Girl, dont let this jerk get to you. Honestly, I dont take comments like that lightly. Espeically to my face. I would have told this a** to go f-himself and that my body is NOT his business to make comments like that; I'm NOT your wife or girlfriend.

Please dont cry; you're too beautiful to cry. I know other people can be so mean but this world is mean. You must ignore those types of people. Next time you see him in the gym, avoid him. Give him the evil eye if he looks your way. If he tries to talk to you; tell him to leave you alone. There is so much power that you're giving him, that power should belong to you. Be happy with yourself; only you know how far you've come on your journey. Who cares what a nobody thinks? Stay strong Beautiful!
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Imagine how he wud treat a wife/girlfriend, if walking up to a stranger and say such as this. If u were the least interrested in him i hope u never give him the time of day now.
    I agree with others that u losing 20lbs wud make u look too skinny. Ur a very pretty young lady and looks like ur already at a good weight, so do not let his opinon bother u.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Or "I can lose weight. However, you will always be a dumb as$."

Agreed! With thee above. Get even! Don't let anyone get to you like that again. You look amazing! Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise. If anyone does something like that again, embarrass the heck out of them.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    What a ****.