I ate 5,877 calories today...

Options

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    BTW, I'm so glad you have a sense of humor about all this....seriously.

And otameal cream pies are THE BEST....they're also like 600 calories LOL

I may be a little hypo or on some type of natural high. Lololol. :D

Are they an American thing? :P

Aren't most horribly delicious food that cause slow happy deaths through gluttony from America?? YEAH....'MERICA! :D
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I reckon you should not eat 5,877 calories in a day EVER again.

Yeah, yeah.

And we shouldn't have more than one standard drink per hour.

Or go swimming less than half an hour before eating.

Anyways on topic.

I had Dominos Pizza on Sunday because I was hungover as hell, all to myself. I then also got some large chips too, went way over my calorie limit. I just continued on my merry way with my diet (for once, usually I beat myself up over it and decide to quit) and not weighed myself for a few days.

Stepped on the scale a few days later expecting a huge gain, and nope. A loss. It was great.

Just go on your merry way, what's the point in living if you can't indulge every now and again?

Dominos Pizza on a Sunday hangover. Aren't YOU Rock n Roll?

Guys please. I don't want negativity in my thread. Ignore it if you don't like what people have to say, okay? :)
  • benefiting
    Options
    BTW, I'm so glad you have a sense of humor about all this....seriously.

And otameal cream pies are THE BEST....they're also like 600 calories LOL

I may be a little hypo or on some type of natural high. Lololol. :D

Are they an American thing? :P

Aren't most horribly delicious food that cause slow happy deaths through gluttony from America?? YEAH....'MERICA! :D

Well that would be why I was unaware of such a thing! Haha. :)
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    That's about 3 days worth of food if you divide 5877 by 3. You would come up with 1,959 and it basically means you ate 2 more days amount of food than you should have which amounts to about 4000 calories. I would not try to make up the overage in just a few days because it won't be very healthy. Try to taper off in about 2 weeks. 4,000 divided by 14 would be 285 calories. you can adjust your net calories to 1,640 calories per day for the next 2 weeks and that should get you back on track. Good luck!

I think it kinda made me a little sad when I saw that I ate 3 days worth of food but thank you for all the stats and how much I could eat to get back on track! :)

Sure, not a problem. I wouldn't beat myself up over it. We've all over-indulged in some fashion throughout our lives. I know that I'm certainly in no position to cast stones A setback isn't a death sentence, it just means you have to put the train back on the rails and keep on moving. I would ignore all of the negative commentary and listen to those who would rather encourage you. Good luck.
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    H
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would do this

1. Give myself tons of love and self acceptance and not beat myself up.

2. Have a week of lower calorie intake like 1500 or 1600 if possible and realistic.

3. Drink tons of water.

4. Go for long walks with my mp3 player and walk fast for at least 10 songs (if possible and realistic)

5. Not let anyone be mean to me about it or make stupid jokes or sarcastic comments, we have all been there.

I think it's easy to eat that many calories if you have certain amounts of food. Clearly you had an emotional upset or something was troubling you, please be gentle with yourself. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again.

Here, Here. Good sound advice!!
  • Erinelda
    Options
    Don't you have anything better to do with your life then to ask someone asking someone if they have anything better to do with their life if they have anything better to do with their life??

Anyway, don't limit too much and start a binge/restrict cycle or you will end up with a gut like mine. Look at it... LOOK AT IT!!
    I say eat comfortably, if you can cut a few calories without being hungry go for it but don't be like me.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It's really nice to see how much support some people are giving you!

Plenty of good advice here to be followed - just don't let it become a habit.
    What I find that helps is to try and substitute things for other healthier options (not sure about pork as it's not something I eat generally - besides bacon. But everyone loves bacon!).

I'd say drop a few calories from your current intake OR make up for it by exercising more often. I exercise sometimes because I LOVE food and sometimes CAN end up having "carbocides" :P

Like I said what helps is substitutions - my flatmates made cake and just so I don't lust over it I made a healthy banana egg and oat "cake in a cup"! It helped! :D
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Quite impressive. I wouldn't worry about it (but you're not anyway). Just focus on your 20% off TDEE as you are for the next few days and in the long run it won't make a difference plus you got to enjoy yourself a bit.

I wish I could fit that amount in my tum tbh.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm sorry having a hard time excepting that you ate 2.2lbs of pork with apple sauce, APPLE SAUCE yuck yuck yuck lol
    now if you'd have said pulled pork with bbg sauce or sour cream i'd have been drooling

you enjoyed it, put it behind you, carry on as normal

good luck x
  • benefiting
    Options
    Plenty of good advice here to be followed - just don't let it become a habit.
    What I find that helps is to try and substitute things for other healthier options (not sure about pork as it's not something I eat generally - besides bacon. But everyone loves bacon!).
    I had bacon today too... I've had a lot of pig today. Damn! Haha.
    I'd say drop a few calories from your current intake OR make up for it by exercising more often. I exercise sometimes because I LOVE food and sometimes CAN end up having "carbocides" :P

Thanks for the advice love! :)
  • benefiting
    Options

i'm sorry having a hard time excepting that you ate 2.2lbs of pork with apple sauce, APPLE SAUCE yuck yuck yuck lol
    now if you'd have said pulled pork with bbg sauce or sour cream i'd have been drooling

good luck x

No way! Apple sauce is the best. I don't like bbq sauce! We are complete opposites!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Yeah, yeah.

Anyways on topic.

I had Dominos Pizza on Sunday because I was hungover as hell, all to myself. I then also got some large chips too, went way over my calorie limit. I just continued on my merry way with my diet (for once, usually I beat myself up over it and decide to quit) and not weighed myself for a few days.

Stepped on the scale a few days later expecting a huge gain, and nope. A loss. It was great.

Just go on your merry way, what's the point in living if you can't indulge every now and again?

Guys please. I don't want negativity in my thread. Ignore it if you don't like what people have to say, okay? :)

Is Rock n Roll bad then?
  • benefiting
    Options

Yeah, yeah.

Anyways on topic.

Is Rock n Roll bad then?

Not the Rock n Roll. Just people reacting to your comment. If they don't like it they can't ignore it. I said no negativity! I don't want people thinking I was emotional eating either. I just ate a lot of damn pork as everyone should know by now. :P
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options

good luck x

No way! Apple sauce is the best. I don't like bbq sauce! We are complete opposites!

i only like it on pulled pork sandwiches, and if you'd ever had the apple sauce they used to feed us with school dinners you'd never eat it again, traumatized me for life lol
  • benefiting
    Options

good luck x

i only like it on pulled pork sandwiches, and if you'd ever had the apple sauce they used to feed us with school dinners you'd never eat it again, traumatized me for life lol

Ah, fair enough then! I wasn't much of a pork or apple sauce eater until this year (I've had it twice so far). :P
  • Gaz3376
    Gaz3376 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    On the upside you'll be in a good position to burn some fat now from a hormonal standpoint, and you metabolism will be raised. Every cloud has a silver lining.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Yeah, yeah.

Anyways on topic.

Is Rock n Roll bad then?

Not the Rock n Roll. Just people reacting to your comment. If they don't like it they can't ignore it. I said no negativity! I don't want people thinking I was emotional eating either. I just ate a lot of damn pork as everyone should know by now. :P

Hooray!! I am the good guy here then!!
  • benefiting
    Options
    On the upside you'll be in a good position to burn some fat now from a hormonal standpoint, and you metabolism will be raised. Every cloud has a silver lining.

There's always a positive in a negative, right? :P
  • benefiting
    Options

Yeah, yeah.

Anyways on topic.

Is Rock n Roll bad then?

Hooray!! I am the good guy here then!!

I never said that but even so, they shouldn't bash on you. It's your opinion. :P