Pregnancy 2010 - November

Options

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I have never gotten a prescription prenatal, my doctors have always just advised to get an otc one. The only thing I have been told is to make sure you get the folic acid and omega 3. The gummies have everything in them but yes you do get to gagging with them after a while. I have always had an ultrasound at my first appointment, that is how we found out about both miscarriages, I never had any bleeding or anything. At kaiser they do the ultrasound to confirm your dates and give you your due date and make sure that there is a heart beat (usually seen at 6 weeks).
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Do any of you use an OTC prenatal vitamen?

I take a children's chewy multivitamin from Whole foods. The iron in prenatals makes me so sick and it constipates. I just couldn't take it. My SIL's doc told her to move to just a regular Multi from prenatal once she was getting hemroids from being so constipated.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info everyone! They had me go to the lab last week for urine/blood samples so they would have the test results back by today.

When I found out I was pregnant, I had my primary dr. call in a rx for prenatal vitamins for me, I didn't know you could buy them otc.

Anxious for 11:30 to GET HERE! Have a great day everyone!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    14 days until baby day for me!!!

As for prenatals, I take a calcium, an iron, and a regular gummy multi.

My iron was SO low I had to start taking something, I take mine with food and for the first time in my life it doesn't bother me.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness Amanda, you're so close!! :bigsmile:

Err... um... On the subject of constipation (:embarassed:)... I think it's going to become a problem for me. It just started about a week ago. I drink about 12-14 cups of water per day. I eat 25-30g of fiber per day. I was taking prenatals while TTC and regular vitamins with iron in them before that and never had a problem, so I don't think it's the vitamins. I can't think of anything else that's different from what I'm used to doing (when I have no issues) so I think it has to be all these stupid hormones. :laugh:

Help? :tongue:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    14 days until baby day for me!!!

As for prenatals, I take a calcium, an iron, and a regular gummy multi.

My iron was SO low I had to start taking something, I take mine with food and for the first time in my life it doesn't bother me.

Oh boy baby watch for you, I had both of my kids around 38 weeks. Hopefully you wont have to wait much longer
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    LittleSpy- This may sound gross, and totally unhealthy, but honestly this is the only thing I can find that helps. Once a week I eat something greasy, usually we order a pizza or i get some Wendy's french fries. The grease seems to keep things moving for about a week. I notice if I have gone more than a week and a half that things start "backing up" again, and as soon as I have a few slices of Pizza, I am back to normal.

I know it seems weird, but it works for me. And even though that kind of food isn't good for me or the baby, I feel like once a week is acceptable.

Good Luck!
  • ckmama
    Options
    Oh goodness Amanda, you're so close!! :bigsmile:

Err... um... On the subject of constipation (:embarassed:)... I think it's going to become a problem for me. It just started about a week ago. I drink about 12-14 cups of water per day. I eat 25-30g of fiber per day. I was taking prenatals while TTC and regular vitamins with iron in them before that and never had a problem, so I don't think it's the vitamins. I can't think of anything else that's different from what I'm used to doing (when I have no issues) so I think it has to be all these stupid hormones. :laugh:

Help? :tongue:

It's called hormones...agh!! During my first trimester I went from constipation for 4 days to diarrehea for 4 days, I know TMI. But my eating habits hadn't changed. I do notice when I don't get natural fiber or cut back on my veggies and fruit I get constipated. Man made fiber tends to stop me up. Good luck.

Oh and the greasy food stuffs works for me too if I've been eating healthy.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the greasy food tips. I have no problems with the idea of eating pizza & french fries a couple times a week. :tongue:

So, here's a funny story. I work in HR. I haven't told anyone at work I'm pregnant. I'm considering telling my supervisor at 8 weeks just in case (ha) I've been flaky or grumpy and because I'm exhausted & super nauseous some days & I'd love for her to understand if I need to leave early because I'm not feeling well (she has a 2 year old so first tri fun is probably pretty fresh in her mind).
    Anyway...
    I just walked by my supervisor's boss (the HR director) and she screamed out behind me "How's the baby!?" I stopped dead in my tracks, terrified to turn around. I finally looked back at her and gave her this look like "How do you know and, more importantly, why the EFF are you yelling it loudly enough for **everyone** in the entire building to hear?!" Then one of the HR managers yelled "Oh my, what BABY!?"
    I still hadn't answered. I had no idea what to say. The HR director said "You know, the puppy she picked up a few weeks ago! There's no actual BABY!" (I saw a pit bull puppy get hit by a car & left in the road about a month ago. I picked her up & took her to the vet & we're pretty sure we're keeping her. Dog #7 for us. :noway: Really, at this point, what's one more? :wink:)

I thought I was going to die. :laugh: :noway: :laugh:
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    I know it's late to join the Nov. thread, but I thought I'd do so to keep the thread close for me. I'm almost 12 weeks and can finally be a little more discerning about what I eat. Before last week, I was just eating what didn't make me nauseous just thinking about it! I've already gained 12 pounds, and I'm hoping to keep that in check. My mom says she always gained a lot in the first trimester, so I'm not that worried, but I'd rather not end this pregnancy even MORE overweight that I already am!
  • kasargent
    kasargent Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread! One of my main reasons to lose weight right now is because are are going to TTC starting in July 2011, a short 7 months from now. One of the main reasons for holding off is because I want to be healthier before we start. It will my first!

Anyone have any tips or stories to share, I'll be happy to hear them! I struggle with willpower, but I know if I can just get handle on it, it will so worth it.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread! One of my main reasons to lose weight right now is because are are going to TTC starting in July 2011, a short 7 months from now. One of the main reasons for holding off is because I want to be healthier before we start. It will my first!

Anyone have any tips or stories to share, I'll be happy to hear them! I struggle with willpower, but I know if I can just get handle on it, it will so worth it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130964-fit-for-future-families-november

Come join us over on this thread if you would like. It is the TTC thread!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Oh and the greasy food stuffs works for me too if I've been eating healthy.

I spent 6 weeks in Costa Rica - eating the cleanest I have ever eaten because that's just what was there! About 5 weeks in we went to the beach for the weekend and the girls I was with wanted Pizza Hut. I have never been so sick in my life as far as the "speed dial" issue. It's incredible - just one nasty greasy meal after weeks of little to nothing processed.
  • ckmama
    Options
    Thanks for the greasy food tips. I have no problems with the idea of eating pizza & french fries a couple times a week. :tongue:

So, here's a funny story. I work in HR. I haven't told anyone at work I'm pregnant. I'm considering telling my supervisor at 8 weeks just in case (ha) I've been flaky or grumpy and because I'm exhausted & super nauseous some days & I'd love for her to understand if I need to leave early because I'm not feeling well (she has a 2 year old so first tri fun is probably pretty fresh in her mind).
    Anyway...
    I just walked by my supervisor's boss (the HR director) and she screamed out behind me "How's the baby!?" I stopped dead in my tracks, terrified to turn around. I finally looked back at her and gave her this look like "How do you know and, more importantly, why the EFF are you yelling it loudly enough for **everyone** in the entire building to hear?!" Then one of the HR managers yelled "Oh my, what BABY!?"
    I still hadn't answered. I had no idea what to say. The HR director said "You know, the puppy she picked up a few weeks ago! There's no actual BABY!" (I saw a pit bull puppy get hit by a car & left in the road about a month ago. I picked her up & took her to the vet & we're pretty sure we're keeping her. Dog #7 for us. :noway: Really, at this point, what's one more? :wink:)

I thought I was going to die. :laugh: :noway: :laugh:

OMG I am so glad you don't have my mouth cause I would have let it slip. That is so funny. I can't blame you for waiting. But know that once you tell one person everyone will know. I know they are supposed to keep it confidential, but you know how those things go. I would wait as long as you can if you think it is going to be a problem.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Appointment went really well. She said everything looks great. I weighed in at 188, and she wants me to only gain 20lbs while I'm pregnant. Really REALLY hoping I can stick to that. No ultrasound until 18 weeks, but we got to hear the heartbeat :love: What an amazing sound!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 188, and she wants me to only gain 20lbs while I'm pregnant. Really REALLY hoping I can stick to that.

Just keep logging all your food! Also, keep in mind that a good 15-20 lbs is going to be "baby weight" - meaning, the baby, the extra blood, huge boobs :wink:, etc. So you're really looking at gaining little to no extra fat, or maybe only like 5lbs max. I think this mentality is important to keep in mind because when faced with junk food, hamburgers, fries etc - you (I sure do!) might think - well, I have 20 lbs to work with, what's 1 cheeseburger!? But when I think - I only need to gain a tad actual FAT, it's easier to turn down the junk food. I indulge, but in moderation - ie 1/2 a cheeseburger! (I can much more easily justify 350 cals than 700!) Set your diary to maintenance and then stick to it. Eat when you are hungry, but just eat smart. I've found that my 1990 maintenance calories have been plenty. You don't need any extra calories for a few weeks. Read back on the board a bit about the "Eating for two" comments :)

Someone here I think pointed this site out for monitoring your weight. I like it: It's not the be all end all though. I've actually lost .8 and am at 12 weeks so it tells me I have not gained enough, but I know I have been eating so I'm not worried about it at all.
    http://www.thebabycorner.com/tools/pregnancy/calculators/weightcalculator.php

PS - stay active! My extra 400-500 exercise calories 4 days a week more than cover any indulging I do!
  • ckmama
    Options
    Appointment went really well. She said everything looks great. I weighed in at 188, and she wants me to only gain 20lbs while I'm pregnant. Really REALLY hoping I can stick to that. No ultrasound until 18 weeks, but we got to hear the heartbeat :love: What an amazing sound!!

I kind of find that amazing. I don't know how tall you are, but they only recommend that 20 lbs max if you are considered obese. My baby alone last time was 9 lbs, that didn't include anything else, fluids, breast fluid, anything. But like mjtwomail said just keep that in mind. LIke her some people don't gain any for a long while, you might be one of the lucky ones.

My neighbor is pregnant with twins and she lost 14 lbs from being so sick, she is 24 weeks and has only gained a pound. She is a normal size girl and her doctor wants her to gain at least 20 more lbs before they induce in 12 weeks.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am so happy right now! My eating isnt the best but I am battling the morning sickness, and its more about what I can keep down. I was diagnosed on Monday with bronchitis (and thats after battling flu like symptoms since last week Tuesday). It had turned into coughing so hard I was vomiting. But I have been on the meds for 1.5 days now and they are helping. The antibiotic is doing wonders. But thats not the reason for happiness. I went to have a second ultrasound today! It looks like a baby now! We saw it in 3D and it was amazing. We heard a heartbeat, and it was just amazing! We measured in perfectly at 8W 4D. I am on cloud 9!

Now if only the morning sickness would die down and I can go back to my healthier eating choices.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies... Which veggies are the best to eat while pregnant? I am really not a veggie person but I am trying to up my veggies servings per day... I LOVE fruit which I could eat at every sitting but veggies... uhg...
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It's already December - omg! The new thread is up!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138358-pregnancy-december-2010