Pregnancy 2010 - November

Options

Replies

• Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Yay, thanks for all the replies about the first OB/MW appointment. I feel like so much less of a freak now. :laugh: My mom ( a nurse) thinks I'm nuts for wanting to wait until 12 weeks so I was 2nd guessing my decision. I just figure this is my first pregnancy and I'm very healthy and if something bad is going to happen there's really nothing that can be done in the first trimester anyway (from what I understand). So, I'm just going to eat healthy nutritious foods, exercise in moderation, and go with the flow. If something seems wrong, then I'll go to the ob earlier, but if not then I'm going to wait until January. Because I was temping and using OPKs I pretty much know exactly when I ovulated so even the early dating scans wouldn't be beneficial to me.
    Thanks again, ladies!

Good for you! That is a great attitude.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Didn't check in yesterday but I did do my 6 miles yesterday morning and I just finished my 6 miles for today.

Hope you all are doing well.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly - I just want you to know how awesome I think you are! I'm not even pregnant yet (official TTC starts the week of New Years), but i would LOVE to have time to walk 6 miles...geez! You GO girl!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Just got back from my appointment. Baby's 5lbs 4oz at 34 weeks even. DR said everything looked great.

About to head off to the gym.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Good job Dragonfly! I did the shred this morning. It seems harder the last few times. I also have been having a few better days morning sick wise so I have been able to add a couple of 1/2-hour walks.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Dragonfly - I just want you to know how awesome I think you are! I'm not even pregnant yet (official TTC starts the week of New Years), but i would LOVE to have time to walk 6 miles...geez! You GO girl!

Thanks so much! I definitely had to find time to squeeze it into my day. I usually try to crank it out after I get my two oldest to school and my two year old is still sleeping. Somedays he plays while I walk and those are the days that seem to take forever because I get to watch one of his shows on tv. I cannot complain though because he is usually very good.

Thanks again for the support!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Good job Dragonfly! I did the shred this morning. It seems harder the last few times. I also have been having a few better days morning sick wise so I have been able to add a couple of 1/2-hour walks.

Great job to you as well getting in your workoutsb. Somedays are definitely better than others that is for sure. I am always happy afterwards though!

Glad your morning sickness is getting better. Thanks for your support!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Yay, thanks for all the replies about the first OB/MW appointment. I feel like so much less of a freak now. :laugh: My mom ( a nurse) thinks I'm nuts for wanting to wait until 12 weeks so I was 2nd guessing my decision. I just figure this is my first pregnancy and I'm very healthy and if something bad is going to happen there's really nothing that can be done in the first trimester anyway (from what I understand). So, I'm just going to eat healthy nutritious foods, exercise in moderation, and go with the flow. If something seems wrong, then I'll go to the ob earlier, but if not then I'm going to wait until January. Because I was temping and using OPKs I pretty much know exactly when I ovulated so even the early dating scans wouldn't be beneficial to me.
    Thanks again, ladies!

On the U/S they can barely see a blip at 5 weeks. They can't hear the Heart beat. REally the only thing they can do this early on is look for a yolksack or do blood work. You are fine. Unless you start having pain, roll with it.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found out Im expecting, and I am thinking about tracking my cals, even though I do not plan to lose any weight of course. Is that the purpose of this thread and tracking whil pregnant? No one is trying to lose weight, right? I could see just how keeping track might help because Im already eating for two and Im only 6 wks along! Dont want to gain to much.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found out Im expecting, and I am thinking about tracking my cals, even though I do not plan to lose any weight of course. Is that the purpose of this thread and tracking whil pregnant? No one is trying to lose weight, right? I could see just how keeping track might help because Im already eating for two and Im only 6 wks along! Dont want to gain to much.

I think you'll be fine here. :) It's just about eating healthy to control the weight gain and make sure for the healthiest pregnancy possible for me. I didn't start until I was 30 weeks and had gained WAY too much which is why I'm down some since then (up 25lbs for the pregnancy, down almost 13lbs since I started MFP).
    Congrats on the baby!!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found out Im expecting, and I am thinking about tracking my cals, even though I do not plan to lose any weight of course. Is that the purpose of this thread and tracking whil pregnant? No one is trying to lose weight, right? <snip>

Congrats!

Actually, I'm still trying to lose a bit during my 1st trimester (5-10 pounds). :smile: *Trying* is the operative word, though. :laugh: I think as long as you do it in a conscious and healthy way, there's nothing so horriffic with shedding a couple of pounds in early pregnancy. I currently weigh 195 pounds and I'd love to still be just under 200 pounds when I'm about to pop. Right now I still think that's a realistic and healthy goal in my situation.

In my opinion, the reason people emphasize not trying to lose weight during pregnancy is because of the amount of ignorance surrounding weight loss in general. :smile: I mean, really, it's WAY healthier for me to eat around 1700-1800 healthy calories and exercise moderately (creating a calorie deficit and losing weight) than it is for another woman my size to eat 2000 calories worth of mostly junk food and not move her duff off the couch (maintaining her weight). Just gotta use the noggin' about it. :wink: Sadly, it's just easier for doctors to tell women to not try to lose weight at all during pregnancy than it is to expect women in general to understand how to lose weight slowly in a healthy way.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found out Im expecting, and I am thinking about tracking my cals, even though I do not plan to lose any weight of course. Is that the purpose of this thread and tracking whil pregnant? No one is trying to lose weight, right? <snip>

Congrats!

Actually, I'm still trying to lose a bit during my 1st trimester (5-10 pounds). :smile: *Trying* is the operative word, though. :laugh: I think as long as you do it in a conscious and healthy way, there's nothing so horriffic with shedding a couple of pounds in early pregnancy. I currently weigh 195 pounds and I'd love to still be just under 200 pounds when I'm about to pop. Right now I still think that's a realistic and healthy goal in my situation.

In my opinion, the reason people emphasize not trying to lose weight during pregnancy is because of the amount of ignorance surrounding weight loss in general. :smile: I mean, really, it's WAY healthier for me to eat around 1700-1800 healthy calories and exercise moderately (creating a calorie deficit and losing weight) than it is for another woman my size to eat 2000 calories worth of mostly junk food and not move her duff off the couch (maintaining her weight). Just gotta use the noggin' about it. :wink: Sadly, it's just easier for doctors to tell women to not try to lose weight at all during pregnancy than it is to expect women in general to understand how to lose weight slowly in a healthy way.

I agree with this. While I'm not trying to lose weight, if you're eating healthy and exercising and you DO lose weight that's totally fine IMO.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I agree completely. Moderate exercise and a HEALTHY diet with fruits and vegies and whole grains is what really matters. Eating all the junk food in sight and sitting on the couch are detrimental to the baby and your body. (I have to admit I have been guilty of this!) :explode: :grumble: So as long as we strive for the healthiest food intake that is what matters--not the number on the scale. I should also add that the other key is to not go hungry. You need to feed the baby--just the healthy stuff!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Double post ...Sorry
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    LittleSpy~ WELL SAID!! I've watched too many people use pregnancy as an excuse to eat WHATEVER they want in EXCESSIVE amounts. It makes me sick to my stomach. And the miss conception that you can't stay active while pregnant may, frankly, piss me off if people try telling me what I can/should and cannot/shouldn't do while preggo. (When my time comes) My friend got a lot of feed back from people scolding her for being as active as she was... It’s sad.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    LittleSpy~ WELL SAID!! I've watched too many people use pregnancy as an excuse to eat WHATEVER they want in EXCESSIVE amounts. It makes me sick to my stomach. And the miss conception that you can't stay active while pregnant may, frankly, piss me off if people try telling me what I can/should and cannot/shouldn't do while preggo. (When my time comes) My friend got a lot of feed back from people scolding her for being as active as she was... It’s sad.

I've gotten A LOT of people commenting on my weight loss and exercise lately and it's really frustrating. My DR is monitoring my food and exercise and is thrilled with the lifestyle change, and my baby is growing just fine. :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    LittleSpy~ WELL SAID!! I've watched too many people use pregnancy as an excuse to eat WHATEVER they want in EXCESSIVE amounts.

I love the "eating for two" excuse - that's great, but remember, one of you is only about 1" long... or at 'most' 8lbs! :laugh: You're not eating for you and your equivalent!!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    OMG not eating for another 220 lb person, Darn it, I knew I was doing something wrong. LOL

I've had people tell me that when I say wow I'm gaining weight to fast, they say "yeah, but remember you are eating for two"

Two what? Elephants.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Good morning!

Workout done for the day and my 6 miles completed. I hit my 100 mile mark today!

I weighed myself this morning and I have officially gained some weight. Last night I was really bad and had a sweet tooth. I got into my kids' Halloween candy and grabbed (and ate) two snickers, a kit kat and a twix. Geez! I usually don't go for the sweets but last night I sure did.

Have a happy Wednesday everyone.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yeah -- "eating for 2." :laugh: on Monday, I had a horrible craving for a chili cheese hotdog (:sick: -- hotdogs are disgusting to me in every way). I was soooo tempted to stop by Sonic & get a 1/4 pound chili cheese coney (again, :sick:)!! I was telling dh about it (and of course he thought it was a wonderful idea!) and explained that I just couldn't because one of those things has 810 calories. He replies, "Well, after the baby eats half, that's only 405!" :noway: :laugh: (I didn't cave to the craving, by the way! win!)

I really do have intentions of continuing to eat healthy and exercise. I really hope I will follow through. As of this morning, fatigue seems to have kicked in. I've been feeling so great for the last week and I got plenty of sleep last night but today I'm really struggling to keep my eyes open (they sting I'm so tired). So because I'm so tired I'm skipping the gym tonight and going for a walk outside during my lunch break instead. I think that's an acceptable trade. :smile: