Pregnancy 2010 - November

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks ladies!
    I actually *want* to wait until 12 weeks for my first appointment because I don't see much of a point in going earlier (if things are going relatively smoothly) & honestly also because my 12th week is the first week in January & my insurance deductible resets. :tongue: I had read anywhere between 8-12 weeks is pretty standard and I don't mind the wait, especially if it will save me hundreds of dollars. Of course if there was a good reason to go before then I would have no problem spending the money to go bt since I'm coming up with very few cons to waiting until 12 weeks in my situation I think I'll just schedule my appointment for then & stop worrying about it. :smile:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Okay, thanks ladies!
    I actually *want* to wait until 12 weeks for my first appointment because I don't see much of a point in going earlier (if things are going relatively smoothly) & honestly also because my 12th week is the first week in January & my insurance deductible resets. :tongue: I had read anywhere between 8-12 weeks is pretty standard and I don't mind the wait, especially if it will save me hundreds of dollars. Of course if there was a good reason to go before then I would have no problem spending the money to go bt since I'm coming up with very few cons to waiting until 12 weeks in my situation I think I'll just schedule my appointment for then & stop worrying about it. :smile:

Oh then I'm sure you're fine.
    I just like to have an ultrasound as soon as possible (history of miscarriage/vanishing twins) plus the dating is more accurate then.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've started a post-natal group for all you ladies who have had your babies (and once the rest of you have your babies!) So please come join us! I NEED SUPPORT!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131954-postnatal-group-november-2010
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've started a post-natal group for all you ladies who have had your babies (and once the rest of you have your babies!) So please come join us! I NEED SUPPORT!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131954-postnatal-group-november-2010

I'll definitely jump over there in 5 weeks!!
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi girls hope you don't mind me joining??
    I am new on here but have been ttc since Jan 2010! had a miscarriage in April and still ttc since then didn't realise how long it would take i think i took it for granted that we managed to get pregnant on my second cycle i am now on cycle 7!!!! And starting to get fed up and stressed thinking about it all the time so have decided to focuse on getting my body into shape for having a baby
    Good luck to everyone
    And congratulations to all the pregnant Ladies :smile:
    xxxx
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I am new on here but have been ttc since Jan 2010! had a miscarriage in April and still ttc since then didn't realise how long it would take i think i took it for granted that we managed to get pregnant on my second cycle i am now on cycle 7!!!! And starting to get fed up and stressed thinking about it all the time so have decided to focuse on getting my body into shape for having a baby
    Good luck to everyone
    xxxx

Dont get frustrated, just hang in there. I also had gotten pregnant in January miscarried in March and got pregnant again in July. Sometimes your body just needs more time. Before my first born came along I miscarried and it took 9 months to conceive again. All I am saying is that your body will take the time it needs before you can conceive again. In my case the 3 pregnancies that have worked out all happened in July. Your body just needs time.
  • Hollyhocks89
    Options
    Thank you Sheri congrats on your pregnancy and weightloss :-) its nice to see that pregnant ladies are aslo staying in shape because i was worried i'd not be able to do it wen i got pregnant! I have kept wanting to loose weight and get fit but always thought that if i get preg that i'd just put it bk on so no point but i see now that there is a point in doing it also am just going to focus on trying to loose a bit of weight now and if a get pregnant whilst doing that then great :-D going to stop stressing over ov tests etc lol
    xxxx
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Has anyone here waited until 12 weeks for their first OB appointment?

I have waited 11-12 weeks to see the midwife when I did outside prenatal care. No big deal at all. Now I don't see anyone at all, since my fourth pregnancy.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Good luck to everyone
    xxxx
    It took us over a year to conceive our fourth, no reason, I just didn't get pregnant. Try not to stress mama, things can be that way.
  • Hollyhocks89
    Options
    Hopefully focusing on this loosing weight will take my mind off it a bit (it is working slightly as i am not on the ttc forum i use as much lol)
    xx
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Congrats pmaria10!! :flowerforyou:

I'm getting some crazy cravings. :embarassed: The 2 foods I probably detest most are fried fish and hotdogs. What have I been craving? You got it -- fried fish and hotdogs! I haven't gone so far as to eat either but... yikes!

Both of the OB's I've had don't even schedule appointments until 12 weeks, unless you are having issues or previous risk factors. And then they don't see you they send you to ultrasound and bloodwork.

I didn't actually see my ob until 12 weeks.
  • ckmama
    Options

I have waited 11-12 weeks to see the midwife when I did outside prenatal care. No big deal at all. Now I don't see anyone at all, since my fourth pregnancy.

You have no prenatal care or just for the first 12 weeks? Do you do home birthing by yourself?
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

You have no prenatal care or just for the first 12 weeks? Do you do home birthing by yourself?

I am a UP and UCer. I do have prenatal care. I do my prenatal care myself. That is unassisted pregnancy and I birth at home unassisted. This is my 7th UP and 8th planned UC.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

I am a UP and UCer. I do have prenatal care. I do my prenatal care myself. That is unassisted pregnancy and I birth at home unassisted. This is my 7th UP and 8th planned UC.

I suppose if all the OB does is measure your stomach and listen to the heart rate, that's pretty easy to do yourself. That's the majority of what mine did.

Do you do any outside labs or anything for GD or B Strep tests or an ultrasound at all, etc?
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I suppose if all the OB does is measure your stomach and listen to the heart rate, that's pretty easy to do yourself. That's the majority of what mine did.

Do you do any outside labs or anything for GD or B Strep tests or an ultrasound at all, etc?

No, I do not. I have not had U/S's since my first pregnancy, twins, except in my last pregnancy, once at 11 weeks for very heavy bleeding. I had outside prenatal care w/ my second and third pregnancy, a midwife and skipped U/S, AFP, blood work, GD testing which I do not feel is a disease. I tested positive for GBS in my second pregnancy w/ a UTI, so high colonization. I have assumed I am GBS positive w/ subsequent pregnancies, as one can be positive one day and negative the next and used common natural protocols to treat the GBS if it was present in the last weeks of pregnancy and during birth. I do not feel that antibiotics is warranted in labor in GBS positive women when hibiclense is the main protocol in Europe w/ great success, low intervention and w/o antibiotics.

I feel prenatal care is much more important than what is commonly done in pregnancy, and what is most often overlooked. The health and emotional well being of the mother and the family, as well as proper nutrition, enough protein, herbs to encourage positive pregnancy and birth.
  • ClaryPR
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to MFP. i was TTC for 2 years from 2007 to 2009. never pregnant at that time. I have hypothyroidism and I why I find it so difficult to conceive. I have to lose 50 pounds for this at a healthy weight and get back to the TTC. I hope to achieve my goal to be able to control my condition and finally have that dream, my baby in my arms.

congratulations to the pregnant and those that are in the search, success

P.S. sorry for my English . im practice
  • ckmama
    Options

No, I do not. I have not had U/S's since my first pregnancy, twins, except in my last pregnancy, once at 11 weeks for very heavy bleeding. I had outside prenatal care w/ my second and third pregnancy, a midwife and skipped U/S, AFP, blood work, GD testing which I do not feel is a disease. I tested positive for GBS in my second pregnancy w/ a UTI, so high colonization. I have assumed I am GBS positive w/ subsequent pregnancies, as one can be positive one day and negative the next and used common natural protocols to treat the GBS if it was present in the last weeks of pregnancy and during birth. I do not feel that antibiotics is warranted in labor in GBS positive women when hibiclense is the main protocol in Europe w/ great success, low intervention and w/o antibiotics.

I feel prenatal care is much more important than what is commonly done in pregnancy, and what is most often overlooked. The health and emotional well being of the mother and the family, as well as proper nutrition, enough protein, herbs to encourage positive pregnancy and birth.

While I don't think your choice is for everyone, I think it is awesome. My grandmother (80) doesn't understand all the bloodwork and U/S things. She says "when I had babies, we got pregnant, then one day had a baby".

But I do understand the need for Medical and Midwife care, there are so many pregnancies that have been saved and women's lives because of this type of care. But you are right, there isn't much my OB does besides provide comfort when I hear the babies heartbeat, which I could do myself by renting a monitor.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    My 34 week appointment and growth scan is this morning!!!
  • Hollyhocks89
    Options
    My 34 week appointment and growth scan is this morning!!!

Good luck :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yay, thanks for all the replies about the first OB/MW appointment. I feel like so much less of a freak now. :laugh: My mom ( a nurse) thinks I'm nuts for wanting to wait until 12 weeks so I was 2nd guessing my decision. I just figure this is my first pregnancy and I'm very healthy and if something bad is going to happen there's really nothing that can be done in the first trimester anyway (from what I understand). So, I'm just going to eat healthy nutritious foods, exercise in moderation, and go with the flow. If something seems wrong, then I'll go to the ob earlier, but if not then I'm going to wait until January. Because I was temping and using OPKs I pretty much know exactly when I ovulated so even the early dating scans wouldn't be beneficial to me.
    Thanks again, ladies!