:drinker: You're awesome. Period.
  • lifegoeson25
    lifegoeson25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    This thread is entertaining and I appreciate the tongue-in-cheek spirit.

For me, no cookie is worth going back to 260lbs. I know for sure that letting cookies back into my life would lead to a slow but steady decline.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but cookies don't taste better than 138lbs feel, in my case.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This thread is entertaining and I appreciate the tongue-in-cheek spirit.

For me, no cookie is worth going back to 260lbs. I know for sure that letting cookies back into my life would lead to a slow but steady decline.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but cookies don't taste better than 138lbs feel, in my case.

I would contend that the belief that cookies would lead to a downward spiral culminating in gaining 120 pounds (regardless of everything you've learned and experienced thus far) puts you so far out of the norm that the advice or experiences of the average person aren't meant to apply to you. And that maybe you should work on your apparent issues with food and control.

Not to rain on your parade.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This post has win written all over it. :drinker:

ps. I love cookies, too!
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief the drama kings and queens on this board.

I congratulated the OP, and like minded people, for finding what works for them. That was genuine and sincere. I also shared my view, on an OPINION board, that I don't share that perspective. For me, personally, significantly slowing down weight loss for a "love" of any food isn't worth it. I eat whatever I like, but I prefer a faster weight loss and to not have cookies every single day, or most days. I don't agree with the basic premise of the thread, that ANY food tastes better than "skinny feels", once again in light of self. Big damn deal, it was an expression of a view. Me stating my view in no way negates the OP and anyone else's view. I firmly believe in the "do what works for you" motto, hence my avatar. If slowing your fat loss goals down in order to continue a love affair with cookies (or whatever) is worth it to you, more power to you. I can dig it because cookies are pretty damn awesome. All that matters is each of our contentment with our individual roads.

Simmer down for crying out loud. One would think all those cookies would put you people in a better mood!

Its VERY sad that you needed to write this. Too many adult "children" and not enough adults on this board, in my opinion. Thank-you for this post (no sarcasm either)
  • Achrya
    Options

I congratulated the OP, and like minded people, for finding what works for them. That was genuine and sincere. I also shared my view, on an OPINION board, that I don't share that perspective. For me, personally, significantly slowing down weight loss for a "love" of any food isn't worth it. I eat whatever I like, but I prefer a faster weight loss and to not have cookies every single day, or most days. I don't agree with the basic premise of the thread, that ANY food tastes better than "skinny feels", once again in light of self. Big damn deal, it was an expression of a view. Me stating my view in no way negates the OP and anyone else's view. I firmly believe in the "do what works for you" motto, hence my avatar. If slowing your fat loss goals down in order to continue a love affair with cookies (or whatever) is worth it to you, more power to you. I can dig it because cookies are pretty damn awesome. All that matters is each of our contentment with our individual roads.

Simmer down for crying out loud. One would think all those cookies would put you people in a better mood!

Its VERY sad that you needed to write this. Too many adult "children" and not enough adults on this board, in my opinion. Thank-you for this post (no sarcasm either)

It's almost as sad as coming into a person's success thread to let them know that you disagree with the entire premise of their success or supporting the person who did that while adding nothing else except an attempt to shame those who didn't appreciate that first person's statement.

Almost.

But thanks for stopping by and bumping me back up. Seriously what's with people? If you don't like how I found my success just hit the back button. You don't see me in success threads telling people that I disagree with their choices, do you? I never said my way works for everyone, just that it's fine to put living life on a higher pedestal than the number on the scale and how fast you achieve that number.

Sheesh.
  • nainai0585
    Options

It's almost as sad as coming into a person's success thread to let them know that you disagree with the entire premise of their success or supporting the person who did that while adding nothing else except an attempt to shame those who didn't appreciate that first person's statement.

But thanks for stopping by and bumping me back up.

So an opinion, on an opinion board, is not permitted unless that opinion agrees with the original opinion/premise? Maybe instead of attacking someone for their OPINION, accept the fact that people WILL disagree with you, no matter what your opinion is. There will be people who agree and disagree with anything and everything you or anyone else says. I agree with the original post I quoted as I do not believe cookies taste better then skinny feels, and that's my opinion. I am allowed my own opinion, for my own reasons. Just accept the fact that people won't agree with you and move on with your life.
  • Achrya
    Options

So an opinion, on an opinion board, is not permitted unless that opinion agrees with the original opinion/premise? Maybe instead of attacking someone for their OPINION, accept the fact that people WILL disagree with you, no matter what your opinion is. There will be people who agree and disagree with anything and everything you or anyone else says. I agree with the original post I quoted as I do not believe cookies taste better then skinny feels, and that's my opinion. I am allowed my own opinion, for my own reasons. Just accept the fact that people won't agree with you and move on with your life.

This is my success story and, traditionally, success stories are not the place to give your opinion. It's a place to celebrate what a person has achieved. If you are unable to do that, and in fact are only here to go "that works for you but could never work for me." Then you have no place.

I don't do paleo but I'm not going to go into paleo success stories to tell people that I disagree with their premise or how they found success. I might stop in to say "great job" but I'd leave it at that.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

It's a success thread and you sound bitter and hangry. Maybe you need some cookies.
  • nainai0585
    Options

It's a success thread and you sound bitter and hangry. Maybe you need some cookies.

Nah, skinny feels 10x better then cookies taste, IN MY OPINION.
    Also, OPINION BOARD. Simply said.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to share it. While I agree that when you put something out there you open yourself up to feedback both good and bad, particulary if you are asking a question. However, generally on this forum the Success Stories board is the one place that is exempt from that.

I also didn't realize this was an opinion board. I do see people ask for opinions, not in this thread, but others. Every other post I see where someone disagrees with the OP people talk about how we are all here for the same thing and support, yada yada yada.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Your thread title intrigued me and encouraged me to read on.....very clever!

And I was very glad that I did- what a great story with fab pictures. My weight loss is also very slow- I would prefer homemade cake or cookie to a main meal some days so that's what I do. Your exercising has made a HUGE difference to your physique and you look fab.

A HUGE well done to you and thanks for sharing x
  • Achrya
    Options

Success stories are not for opinions. At no point did I ask for opinions or invite opinions. There is nothin to provide an opinion on here, except that you don't like how I found my success and feel like you need to share that.

And you must eat crap cookies.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Yeah..ok.. you definitely eat crap cookies.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Success stories are not for opinions. At no point did I ask for opinions or invite opinions. There is nothin to provide an opinion on here, except that you don't like how I found my success and feel like you need to share that.

Cookies are awesome.

So is the way you look, OP!!!

Some people get awfully bitter about others' success. They need more cookies.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Hey. I wonder if this will roll. There would be a certain humor in rolling over to a second thread because of attention caused by those who disagree with my 'premise.'
  • missrenahope
    missrenahope Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This just made me so happy and relieved. Thank you.
  • nainai0585
    Options

Is this a new rule that NO ONE can have an opinion on any board on this site? 'You must eat crap cookies' is a negative OPINION on a success board, and according to you and a few others, that is NOT ALLOWED. lol.

BTW, good for you for feeling better about yourself for eating cookies.
  • jemsign
    jemsign Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We should be friends. Like, irl. Thanks for sharing:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!