The Difference 3lbs Can Make (w/ before & after pics)

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Great job. I have a similar story. I lost about 10 pounds in the last 2 years but my shape is vastly different.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    You look simply amazing!

It looks like you have lost a significant amount of body fat during this time! You can see the changes everywhere.

Fabulous, fabulous job!
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    so inspiring!! LOVE IT!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    BOOM!! This is awesome!! You look fabulous!!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    That is AMAZING!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing! You are an inspiration! :D

Good luck toeveryone on their continued fitness goals!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Thanks so much for posting this...it really shows what a difference heavy lifting can do for you.
  • elzianne
    elzianne Posts: 52 Member
    You look awesome! How "heavy" do you lift? Just for a point of reference for us lifting noobs :smile:

Thanks so much! I call lifting "heavy" when I lift weights that I can only do about 8-10 reps of for 2-3 sets. I know a lot of people are fans of even lower reps with a few more sets (ex: 5x5), so I think it really comes down to what works best for you. I certainly don't lift "heavy" in comparison to some people - for example, I'm only up to 100lbs on squats for 3 sets of 10 reps... but I was at about 60lbs when I started working with heavy weights / lower reps, so I'm happy with the improvement I'm doing :)

Before getting into more "heavy" lifting, I would do more circuit routines with lighter weights like BodyPump or Jillian Michael videos. Honestly, I still have fun doing those types of workouts and still do one every so often to switch things up! The thing is, those types of programs are much more endurance-focused, so I don't like to depend on them as my main way to build muscle.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    You look awesome! How "heavy" do you lift? Just for a point of reference for us lifting noobs :smile:

(I know this wasn't directed to me, but I'll butt in and answer anyhow...

"Heavy" is relative for everyone. I'd consider "heavy" to be a movement that you can do for no more than, say, 8 reps before failure (although I suspect that others may disagree with this exact number).)

Yeah, give or take. I consider it to be something pretty difficult to do for a small amount of reps (no more than 12)...I think we've all seen people who stand there doing seemingly endless bicep curls without breaking a sweat. If it's easy by the end of a set you're not lifting heavy enough!
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Fantastic results! You look wonderful :)
  • elzianne
    elzianne Posts: 52 Member
    If it's easy by the end of a set you're not lifting heavy enough!

Definitely! I usually wear a heart rate monitor when I lift, and I know if my heart rate isn't up then I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I'm typically drenched with sweat by the end of my workouts!
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    I'm really impressed that you have transformed your body so effectively without losing weight. That's pretty convincing. Thank you!
  • LydiaKO
    LydiaKO Posts: 40 Member
    I loveee this!
  • beerey05
    beerey05 Posts: 80 Member
    Omg! You look great and thank you for sharing this! My scales not moving much either, I couldn't have seen this at a better time!
  • AllisonAugustyn
    AllisonAugustyn Posts: 17 Member
    Such a good reminder about the scale! Awesome work!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    AMMMMAAAAAYYYYYZZZZINGGGGG!!! Seriously, what a difference!!!!!!! Love the body recomp!!!! CONGRATS! And thanks for posting!
  • onehotma602
    onehotma602 Posts: 12 Member
    Looking fabulous! Thanks for the post. Going to start taking more pics to see results.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Great work.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Can't believe that those pictures re only 3lbs apart!!! Just asked my boyfriend "how much weight do you think is in between these photos" Don't take this the wrong way ( esp since you don't looks like that first pic anymore) but he said 60LBS!!!!!!!

THAT is how good you look. congratulations! very inspirational
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Wow, that's an amazing difference, and a win no matter what your scale says. Congratulations!
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    You have really leaned up! in Addition to lifting weight are you eating more protein? and a cleaner diet? It's takes diet & exercise to get your body to change.
    And you have done it well. Keep up the wonderful work -- you look fantastic. I have and am doing the same as you and it is a process, one that is hard to change your mind set after learning to run and being able to drop the lbs now at maintenance and doing more weight lifting and cross training including boxing, kickboxing & spinning - so it's working but it is a process.

Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!