bbd28 Posts: 3
    Options
    Bravo!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :cry:

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

After all these years, it is so hard for me to be inspired. I feel like nothing quite touches me, no one is going through what I am going through. Mireygal's thread was the first time I saw your picture (Thought it was Jillian! :laugh: )

You have touched my heart. I have most if the medical issues you described, except Lupus. I have used them as an excuse to do nothing and I love lifting weights:love: .

When I go to the gym on Monday night at 7 pm (note the promise?) The first set I do will be in your honor.

I will take the befores, and the afters, but most of all will be the wonderful feeling of healing I KNOW I will get from doing what I know how to do.

Thank you for sharing your story. You are amazing!!! :drinker:
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This post is...

tumblr_m57ius5bf61ru8bmpo1_500.gif

^^^ this!!!
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your happier and healthier life! I'm slowly learning the lessons you've written about but am struggling on the psychological hurdle. It's hard for me to embrace the positive changes and I feel like if I lose weight, my self esteem about my looks will get better but it seems to get worse after every pound I lose. Any advise would be appreciated. Congrats again and thanks for some inspiration :)
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    :cry:

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

After all these years, it is so hard for me to be inspired. I feel like nothing quite touches me, no one is going through what I am going through. Mireygal's thread was the first time I saw your picture (Thought it was Jillian! :laugh: )

You have touched my heart. I have most if the medical issues you described, except Lupus. I have used them as an excuse to do nothing and I love lifting weights:love: .

When I go to the gym on Monday night at 7 pm (note the promise?) The first set I do will be in your honor.

I will take the befores, and the afters, but most of all will be the wonderful feeling of healing I KNOW I will get from doing what I know how to do.

Thank you for sharing your story. You are amazing!!! :drinker:

:heart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your happier and healthier life! I'm slowly learning the lessons you've written about but am struggling on the psychological hurdle. It's hard for me to embrace the positive changes and I feel like if I lose weight, my self esteem about my looks will get better but it seems to get worse after every pound I lose. Any advise would be appreciated. Congrats again and thanks for some inspiration :)

Well, it's a learning process. The first thing I think is not to let yourself indulge in negative talk about or to yourself. Easier said than done I know. Also, actively focus on things that you like about your appearance. Aside from your appearance, take pride in what your body can do. That's what makes exercise great for me. Make sure your clothes fit. Nothing makes me feel dumpier than when my clothes are hanging off of me, but it took me way too long to realize that I need a new wardrobe. It made a pretty significant difference. And finally just be patient with yourself. It takes time for your brain to catch up. I think the norm is about 6 months. :heart:
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What in inspiring story! So very happy for you!! You look so strong and healthy now - I would have never guessed you had/have health problems. Thanks for posting x
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I am inspired and optimistic that my nascent weight lifting routine will keep me strong and healthy for my future years.

Best wishes for your continued good health and success :flowerforyou:
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    I call BS.

BS I say!

That's not your natural hair color.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I call BS.

BS I say!

That's not your natural hair color.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Damn. Ya got me. :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...late...

...because I somehow missed all of this awesome a couple of days ago.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • ab_1203
    ab_1203 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    OuFZH5H.gif

Can't applaud enough. Impossible.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you were bullied into posting this here.

<3s for Amber

Let's call it peer pressure. That sounds nicer. :wink:

^^^ This.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great advice and great story. You look fabulous. Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • ironbutterfly_
    Options
    Wonderful story of success! Thank you for sharing your wisdom.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Dear friend, I love your story and how you've shared it and where you are now. I wish you health and more awesomeness to come.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!