WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2014

Options

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    So. I was perfectly within my calories and macros, and then messed it up with a bunch of chocolate Easter egglets.
    <scuffs shoe shamefacedly in the sand>
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Vicki - you are doing so well. You are so right, nothing replaces self discipline though surgery can be a life saver - literally. I got the tokens on line from Amazon, though they are British made. I put friendship gifts in the search box. They each come in a little net bag!:heart:
    I heard today that the host has cancelled the posh meal as the restaurant has musaak. This is because I used to be phobic about it so I feel a bit bad as I am much better now! She has booked a French one instead so I hope I don't feel too guilty.:embarassed:

Meg, Alison, Sandy, Carol, Patty and all the others who work sooooo hard, I really take my hat off to you. I couldn't do what you do. To be on this journey of weightloss with all that stress is something!:flowerforyou: You should be proud of yourselves.:drinker:

I have spent most of the day getting to grips with my new phone.:sad: I am improving, but by no means expert. It makes strange noises and I don't know what they are!:sad: One of the best things I did was download a notebook. Still can't decide on the ringtone. I think I fancy an old style phone, but could go for Glenn Miller! No one has rung me yet! We have absolutely terrible reception here in the countryside so you can't have a conversation anyway without going outside! ! ! ! !:laugh: Most people know to call me on the landline. I have yet to decide what functions to switch off to save the battery and what apps to delete. I need my son! ! ! :sad:
    Had delicious Tandoori Monkfish tonight. Big yum!:love: I have to be careful with calories on Tuesdays because I only do yoga at the village hall. I love it and the company of all the older women is great. I think the oldest is 78.

Some birthday books I ordered for DGS arrived today. I'm a bit ahead as his birthday isn't until May , , , ,! Also some tiny chocolate piglets for Easter. Delightful. Mostly saddlebacks and one pink one. Sweet! How wondeful to live vicariously!

Love to all. Hope I sleep better tonight. I woke up at 4.00 last night agitated about my phone!:ohwell: Did get back to sleep eventually with my visualizations.

Heather in damp Hampshire UK

Edit to add my good wishes for Jane. Get better soon. You are a gem.:flowerforyou:
  • tartanlass58
    tartanlass58 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just started yesterday would like to loose about 30lbs but I think I am dreaming as it seems so impossible but right now I am so miserable with my weight I will take whatever the small successes I can get. I have no willpower NONE so every day is a major struggle I really hope this works I am desperate
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just started yesterday would like to loose about 30lbs but I think I am dreaming as it seems so impossible but right now I am so miserable with my weight I will take whatever the small successes I can get. I have no willpower NONE so every day is a major struggle I really hope this works I am desperate

One of my favorite books "The Thin Commandments Diet" says "Strategy is stronger than willpower".......start with a plan......use MFP to plan today's food, log it in your food diary, agree to stick to the plan, no matter what, and then stay out of the kitchen except when you go to get the food for your meal.......look for every opportunity to be active......take it one day at a time and don't focus on your long term goal..

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. ~Confucius
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Deedee I splurged and got some Perrier water today.:drinker:

Barbie 29,000steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renny thanks for the tip on adding what I lost before coming to MFP 28 does perk me up more than 15.

Patty understand your frustration. Taking care of ourselves does sometimes feel like a full-time job.

Meg good to see you post.

Lucy ouch! Might be worth checking out with Doc.

Carol thinking about you.:flowerforyou:

Rita prayers for you and your mom. Her DH does not sound like he is acting safe to be living at home.:flowerforyou:

Tantanlass make those good choices one day, one bite at a time. Willpower is a struggle. Many of us here find planning as a way to help with this. If you know certain situations are difficult thinks ahead and see if you can do something in its staid. I find this group helpful with ideas to stay on track.

Heather sorry no help with the smart phone. Haven’t signed up yet.

Vicki hope you plan something fun for you BD. I have been losing and gaining about two pounds for over a year. For me it is maintenance.

Katiebug so sorry about your friend.

Joyce loved how we all are sisters.:flowerforyou: :happy:

Sylvia like the pictures. Congrats on your progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alison hope you get your rest. You deserve it after the last couple of months.

Enjoyed the concert last night. The theme was Russian Romantics. Luscious. Had a fun half day kindergarten today.

Take care of myself today so I have a healthier tomorrow.

Today will I sleep well by going to bed 15 minutes earlier, eat a high fiber, low sugar diet, complete half hour of exercise, drink 8 glasses of water.

2014 word: Contentment
    :heart:
    Margaret
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    LucyT4dieting - I haven't seen anyone else mention it - and it may not apply to your daughter but I feel it important enough to bring up. Controlling boyfriends/partners who discourage their sweetie from relationships with parents, other relatives, friends (thus isolating them) and are generally very controlling are frequently abusive. I used to work in the area of rape crisis/domestic violence years ago and know the research shows such controlling to be a critical red flag. Hoping it's not the case for your daughter. :heart: If you have any inking it could be (and abuse can be physical, mental, and/or emotional), letting your daughter know you love her and are always there for her and would take her in at no notice is about the best you can do until she is ready. Again, really hoping this isn't what is happening.

Joyce - Really love the sisters poem!! I believe that our friends are the family we have chosen for ourselves - I just add them into my total family :love:

Meg - Great to hear from you!! Glad you are back :flowerforyou: See you in April!!

Michele - Thought of you during the 500 when we heard about the tornado warnings and rain. Glad you and DH were OK. The recipes you have been posting on Facebook look pretty darned amazing!!

Katla - thanks for the encouragement. I am not letting the scale get to me even though this plateau is the longest I have ever experienced. It will change when it changes.

Grandmallie and Kevrit - soon the weather will FINALLY get better (and it will stop snowing :grumble: ), and we can plan on getting together!!! I'm thinking end of April, early May as a possibility. You two have the tighter schedules - I mainly have Y class and a few doctor appointments scattered in the spring. Looking forward to meeting you both in person!!

Thanks all for the kind words about DH - we have been together for over 44 years now :love: and I think he's a keeper!! He does have his moments, though. He has zero patience for waiting in line - MFP would not print any of the words he mumbles under his breath:laugh: I think he hits most of the 7 words you can't say on television

Take care all my Vitamin F sisters and drink that water!! :drinker: :drinker:

Jill in western MA
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Joyce........How sweet (and true!!!)

Sylvia............you look great!!! I would also be not trusting those people. "Pinkie promise" sure took me back; there was a time I heard that every day, several times. Nice to see Molly, too........lovely dog.

Cynthia........Awwww........we all have days like that!

Routine yearly eye exam this am (no changes!!!) then shopping for baby clothes for neighbors new DGD; really bought WAY, WAY more than appropriate but couldn't help myself........I love little girl baby clothes!! Then a game of Scrabble with a friend. DH is home sick with a nasty cold; trying to avoid getting it; heading out again shortly to fill food requests from him then later yoga and tai chi. Poor guy! I slept in DD's room last night; I think he was a little surprised, but I really don't need this; I was so sick and for so long at Christmas. Will be sleeping in her room again tonight.

My hat is also off to those still choosing to work full time jobs.........pretty sure I couldn't do that anymore and eternally, endlessly, and immensely grateful to be done.

Hello to everyone else; welcome newbies!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I went to a walk-in center last night to have my elbow checked out. They weren’t very helpful, but gave me a script to get an X-ray. I plan to stop and get one on the way home from work tonight. I can move it without pain, but it is VERY tender to touch.:frown:

I’ve been doing better with diet and exercise, but still have four pounds to go to get back to maintenance weight. I know I shouldn’t complain about such a small thing, but I am disappointed in myself that I am so weak. :embarassed: I just have to be patient and not get discouraged because I know it takes time to lose those last few pounds. I feel so encouraged when I read about all of your progress.

To Jill, who wrote…..
    “LucyT4dieting - I haven't seen anyone else mention it - and it may not apply to your daughter but I feel it important enough to bring up. Controlling boyfriends/partners who discourage their sweetie from relationships with parents, other relatives, friends (thus isolating them) and are generally very controlling are frequently abusive. I used to work in the area of rape crisis/domestic violence years ago and know the research shows such controlling to be a critical red flag. Hoping it's not the case for your daughter. If you have any inking it could be (and abuse can be physical, mental, and/or emotional), letting your daughter know you love her and are always there for her and would take her in at no notice is about the best you can do until she is ready. Again, really hoping this isn't what is happening.”

I have had many discussions with my daughter in the past as I thought from the beginning of this relationship that she was in an abusive situation because of his controlling nature. She adamantly denies this, so there really isn’t anything I can do. She insists that it’s just his insecurities, but physical or emotional, I still think it’s dangerous. When she left him last spring and moved, I was so relieved. She was moving to the same development where her brother lived, and I was so happy they would be there for each other. I really thought this would be a new start for her and her children. Turns out, she became so depressed that he was worried about her. He told me she wasn’t even able to function enough to take care of the kids. He says that now that the boyfriend is back, she is back to herself again. I am totally powerless over this situation. I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and I am hoping for the best. I know that things can change in a NY minute…..I was in a bad marriage (another story) for 31 years before I had the courage to get out. Who knew that I would find the love of my life at 55 years old? Thanks so much for your concern. I really appreciate it. I want to have a relationship with my daughter, and I know from past experience that this has been a sticking point between us. I don’t want to push so hard that our relationship is destroyed. I pray every day that things will improve.:heart:

Previous and Current Goals:

Consistent logging (Could be better)
    Drink at least 9 glasses of water a day (40%)
    Find an exercise class I enjoy (NOT YET-STILL LOOKING!!!)
    RUNNING OUTDOORS (Not in THIS weather!)
    LOWER SODIUM FOODS (Not lately!)
    STOP OBSESSING ABOUT FOOD (Hmmmmm…..)

Congrats to all on their success, and (((hugs))) to all who are struggling.

Hugs,
    Lucy in DE. :ohwell:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    thank you all for the love and support,it truly means the world to me:heart:
    I am sitting having some sleepytime tea~ usually does the trick...
    my DD ,I think you have heard me say is in a relationship like that, she is 25 and still doesnt have her license..her boyfriend has had her in a headlock before, she didnt tell me this but found out about it..
    I think things are a little smoother now,but it still scares me to death, they live with my Ex,who has mental issues of his own,so he is no help..
    all I can do is put it in God's hands
    I almost spent the money to get a massage but didn't, I might so it though. I would love to get one,but wanted to save it till I get to my goal weight if that ever happens:laugh:
    I will get there ,im the tortise I guess not the Hare:huh:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sasha got her teeth cleaned today so she was gone all day and Brandy worried about her so much that she didn’t even eat the treat I gave her or the supper that Jake made. Now she is home and pretty disoriented from the anesthesia. She had been whimpering a lot but doesn’t know what she wants. Jake lay down with both dogs but even that didn’t last long.

:flowerforyou: Yanniejannie, Jake often sleeps in the guest room when he doesn’t feel well and sometimes I get up in the middle of the night when I’m not sleeping well and move to the guest room. We like sleeping together, but sometimes it’s just best to be apart for a night (or more)

:flowerforyou: Lucy, the last few pounds are the hardest…….they never go as fast as the early ones…..do not be discouraged…..what works for me is to continue in weight loss mode even when I’m at my goal weight…..this is a new way of life for me and the longer I do it, the more comfortable I am.

:flowerforyou: Jill, the scale is nobody’s friend…….just keep doing the things you know are good for you and continue to build a healthy eating and exercise way of life and you’ll find the success you seek.

:brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: The friend in our neighborhood who had us over for Thanksgiving dinner died over the weekend. She had been a cancer survivor for over 30 years and recently another cancer appeared that was very aggressive and she died soon after the doctors found it. We will be visiting her husband early this evening.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm really really tired tonight. :yawn:

I've been to the gym every day, tonight was strength training. I do the wii fit every morning before work for about 20 min.

Sue - 4 more Mondays? oh I am so jealous. I have 10 more years of Mondays...ugh!! Oh wait maybe I could win the lottery :laugh: :laugh: but I think I have to buy tickets to win.

Allison - you are so hard on yourself. Cut yourself some slack, you give so much to others! I think you should get that massage!

Barbie - I'm so sorry for your loss of your friend

Lucy - I totally understand your situation with your DD, I had a similar one with my DS. He was in a bad relationship and he did get out but went back. I knew it wasn't healthy and was most likely abusive. She was definitely emotionally abusive and I found out later she was physically abusive as well. Trust your instincts and just be there for her. She just needs to know that you love her and that you are there whenever she might need you. It's such a horrible thing to watch.

Sylvia - you look wonderful :flowerforyou: I love the picture of Molly, she looks like such a sweetheart.

Vicki - congrats on losing those lbs from last week. You are doing amazing! I pray that my DD's friend makes the right decision for her regarding her WLS. I'm just not sure it's right for her. Her poor body has been through so very much since the accident.

I know I've missed so many of you and I'm sorry. I really have to get to bed.

Thank you all for being here and being my sister Vit F friends.

:heart: Sandy in the middle of the polar vortex ON
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday evening all. Nothing much exciting to report here except for a Benny Beagle adventure. I went upstairs to scoop the cat box, and what do you know? The entire lid is gone. I asked DD#2, I asked DH, no one could figure out where it could be. I am the pooper scooper, so if someone moved it, it would have been me and I definitely did not. So we began looking around the upstairs and found the lid in the guest room. Benny likes to eat cat litter (BLEH) and apparently he stuck his head inside the box to get a snack. Instead of pulling his head straight out, he must have lifted it up and ended up wearing the litter box lid like a necklace. We almost died laughing at the thought of him running around the house like crazy, trying to escape his new accessory! Maybe that will teach him to stay out!

Gail, so when you work 4 days a week will you take all those Mondays off?

Barbie: you look fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing…it’s inspirational!!! Plus you look so much happier! So sorry to hear of your friend’s death.

Joyce: what a lovely piece you shared! Thank you

Michele: grapefruit! Yum! I have a dilemma about it though. Now that I take lipitor (generic) it says not to eat grapefruit. Does that mean NEVER or just not at the same time? I’m going to have to find out because I do love some grapefruit!

Moeggep: I had a hard time figuring out my eating plan with work too. Office days aren’t bad, but my classes are usually from 12-3 or so and I can’t eat at 11! Plus when I do clinical with the students, heavens only knows when I will have a chance to eat. Not a good plan for anyone. Good luck finding what works for you.

DeeDee; nice to see your smiling face!

Alison: as one of my friends says “Keep your head up, buttercup!” It will all come together for you.

Sylvia: good luck with the kids and the ex! Thanks for sharing your pictures you and the dog look grand!

Vicki: so nice of you to help your friend. Sounds like she has a lot on her plate!

Jane: get to feeling better soon!

Cynthia: those chocolate easter goodies will be gone from your body in no time!

Heather: I enjoyed reading about your new phone. I refuse to get a new one. I have an OLD motorola flip phone that no longer
    has its back and so the battery randomly falls out. But I love it and it works just fine. My students all laugh at me and take turns texting me to see how long it takes me to respond!

Tartanlass: welcome aboard. You can do this. Pick one tiny little thing to change and just work on that one little thing until you are successsful. Then you can add more. Don’t make it overwhelming. I have lost 32 pounds (much less than most here) and I find that it is the little, seemingly insignificant changes that make the biggest difference.

Margaret: great daily goals!

Jill: nice to be back! I’m looking forward to connecting with you in April!

Lucy: your new (to me anyway) picture looks great! I am with Jill. So glad you are keeping a close eye on DD.

Well I’m off for the night. Take care everyone. Meg from chilly Omaha, where it will be 0 in the morning!
  • rockey2
    Options
    Thought I would say Hi to everyone and let you know that I enjoyed reading this thread. It's awesome seeing so many Positive people. Keep up the Awesome work Ladies :flowerforyou:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Patty - well, one good thing about being so busy -- you don't have time to eat!!!! I know, that means less time to prepare healthful snacks. But I try to look on the bright side of things. Happy birthday to your daughter and SIL. Have fun

Did 1-1/4 hrs of the Gin Miller Seriously Strong DVD today. So glad I got those clips for the ends of the bars, they're SOOO much easier to use. Tomorrow I'm planning that I'll do one of the downloadable DVD's that I have for spinning. Then I'm going to see this lady down here. She lives 6 months in NC and the other 6 months down here.

Vince doesn't mind my going since he will get to go to lunch at "Dogs R Us". I have no desire whatsoever for it. So he can go

After exercise today I went to Aldi, needed some more veges and a few other things. Then Vince and I went to Ace Hardware. We needed to get one of the screens rescreened, he also needed a replacement exhaust fan for one of the bathrooms. I always thought that that fan was just quiter than the other one, but the fact was that it wasn't working. He also put up a new towel holder. Got some other things at Ace, too.

Alison - how are you doing on the sleep? You do so much for everyone. Sleep is so important. I find that when I get a good amount of sleep, I will usually see the scale go down.

Slyvia - thanks for the chuckle, imagining you running around after Bruno! Oh, I do so hope things work out for your son

Vicki - happy early birthday! Let us know what your daughter finds out(I'm sure you will)

Jane - wise decision to take care of you. Hope you feel better

Cynthia - don't beat yourself up. You had those chocolates, now it's over and done with

Heather - Vince keeps telling me that I need to take a course in how to operate my phone. I know there are so many more things it can do

tartanlass - welcome!

barbie - thanks for the quotes. I especially like the one by Confuscious

yanniejannie - when we were in PA and my neighbor had a baby, I couldn't decide between two outfits to give them, so I bought both of them! I know what you mean about it being so hard buying for a baby, there are just too many cute choices. Hope your dh feels better fast. You are smart to sleep in another room.

Lucy in DE - I totally understand. I am feeling like Denise is in an abusive relationship. I know it was verbally abusive before we moved to NC. I know the helpless feeling a mother has. She, too, was in total denial, too. Still is. But you know something, I think deep down inside she knows. She just won't admit it.

barbie - so sorry about your friend.

meg - thanks for sharing benny beagle's adventure. Animals bring us such joy and put so much laughter in our lives. I may have a new phone, but I rarely check voice mail. One time someone called me inviting me to an outing Saturday. I had to ask "which Saturday"

Michele from NC now in FL
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Meg, that is food for thought. :laugh: Were I to go to a 4-day work week at 62 I'd have that many fewer actual Mondays at the office. Just the logical-Monday-first day of the week.

Gail, metro ATL
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    You all got me thinking about how many Mondays I have left to work. I would like to stay at least 2 more years in my present job, then reassess. I’m fortunate that I work from a home office when I am not out of town. I used to commute to an office daily and remember just how much energy was expended getting up, getting ready and getting there. The downside to a home office is sometimes the lines are blurred, and nights and weekends turn into ‘catch up’ times for what should be part of my regular work week.

Joyce: Love the sisters sentiment. Thank you for your steady presence and support from afar.

Sylvia: I so hope your DGD enjoys Girl Scouts. (Full disclosure here, I work for the national office of Girl Scouts.)

Rita: Losing inches with all you’ve got going on….Bravo!!!

Michele: Grapefruit is one my favorite fruits. Have a big fresh one for me.

Patty: You sound super busy with your jobs. Hope you get your Sundays back.

DeeDee: Can’t wait to see your new boots.

Barbie: Love your line dance outfit. Where did you get those beautiful jeans? Oh, it breaks my heart thinking about Brandi worrying about Sasha. Condolences on the loss of your friend.

Vicki: Happy birthday week to you. You are so kind to help your friend with paperwork.

Jane: Rest up and get well soon.
    Heather: Hope you drift off into a deep peaceful sleep tonight with no ringtones, even if Glenn Miller, to disturb you.

Tartanlass: Welcome and keep coming back. This is a safe place to discharge some of your frustration. We’ve been there.

Margaret: Contentment … what a nice word to contemplate and sit with.

Jill: Feel your pain about the plateau. Sometimes I get on the scale and mutter the same things your husband does while standing in line. But, this too shall pass.

Lucy: Hope your elbow x-ray shows no breaks or chips and it heals quickly.

Allie: Get the massage! It is therapeutic on so many levels, including increasing blood circulation which helps with weight loss. And, you deserve a little pampering.

Sandy: I feel lazy after reading about all the exercise you have doing.

Meg: Benny is a riot.

Stay well,
    Rori in the frigid Colorado Foothills

Goals for February:
    Two days a week, consume fewer than 35 carbs days” every week.
    90 minutes of strength training per week
    Organize the master closet.
    Get the tax workbook done and sent to accountant.
    Chiropractic adjustment and massage.
    My word for 2014 = Release
    3377278rm5rn7751o.gif
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Meg, I wish you would post more pictures of Bennie. He sounds like so much fun! Heaven forbid he and Bruno should ever team up. They could destroy the central plains states. I once had a dog who thought the litter box was a candy dish.

Sandy, Molly has really become quite the "Her Serene Highness". She sleeps most of the time. It's hard to believe that she used to be our little wild child. The only thing that gets her really excited now is her frisbee.

Hi Rockey2!

Tomorrow is story day at the library, so I need to get up early. Goodnight all.

Sylvia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: I looked at your pictures and you look great. Blue is a wonderful choice for you. Good luck to your grandchildren with their visit. I hope your son is right about the situation. He seems to have a fair minded and generous spirit.:flowerforyou:

Vicki: Congratulations on the loss!:flowerforyou:

Cynthia: We all indulge sometimes. I try to pay for my indulgences by doing cardio exercises. I feel less guilty and burn away as many of the “naughty” calories as I can.:wink:

Heather: Letting your son teach you the ins and outs of your new phone is a great idea. :bigsmile: I hope you can make it happen. He’ll feel so good about helping mom and you’ll have someone help you decide what apps you want to keep. My son helped me figure out my first smart phone. It was great.:flowerforyou:

Tartanlass: Welcome. Barbie gave you the best possible advice. I’ll add that you need to take things one day at a time. Every day is a new day, and you can start fresh and try again. Measure your portions and log every bite. Drink more water.:wink: I'm forever vowing to drink more water and I'm doing a bit better at it. It really does help.:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie: Taking care of yourself to keep from getting sick is very smart, and necessary. Sleeping in DD’s room is smart.:flowerforyou:

Alison: Have your massage sooner rather than later. Then have another when you reach your goal weight.:bigsmile: :wink:

Barbie: I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and neighbor. I’m sure her husband will appreciate your visit.:flowerforyou:

Sandy in PolarVortex ON: What a place to be. Stay warm and dry. Summer will come, eventually.:flowerforyou:

Meg: I’m happy to see you posting more often again. I missed you. Perhaps Benny Beagle’s mission is to make people laugh. I couldn’t remember the name of the comedian who wrote a book called Laughter is the Best Medicine so I looked him up. He was Norman Cousins. He was right that laughter can work wonders for a person’s health.:flowerforyou:

We just returned home from seeing The Hobbit 2. It isn’t finished, more story to come. I enjoyed parts of this one, but I liked part 1 better. I did when reading the book, too. That was a LONG time ago. (44 years):noway: :glasses:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My daughter helped me with my Smart phone, and continues to do so!!! Isn't it nice when our children become older and they help us for once!!! I must have dictionary.com, wikipedia, weather, PGA tour, calculator, calendar, Pandora,my fitness pall, fit bit, redbox , facebook and a couple of games. I don't do u-tube, twitter, I'm not sure I cold even figure out how to text something except to my kids!

Back still hurts today. I was hoping 3 doses of Aleve would make it go away but I guess it warrants a call to the doctor.

Well, back to cold, snowy weather. Was kind of hoping we were done with this. I was enjoying my light weight coat.

Joyce, Indiana. Yes, I know. I'm not to wordy tonight
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Joyce - I don't do twitter, either. Really, sometimes I just wouldn't have time for it. Hope the doc helps you.

Well, off to spinning and then to see my friend.

Have a great day everyone. Guess the next time I check in we'll be on the next part.

Michele from NC now in FL