Like Minded Lushes - December

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Thursday and Friday were :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ...I got the day off work today, I'm on-call but that's OK...gonna lay off the sauce tonight and tomorrow and try to recover from the damage...weigh in on Monday and see what happens...

Happy weekend, lushes
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Oh wine is evil.. I drank 3 glasses last night instead of the 2 I had allocated and stayed up to until 3am chatting to a friend. My head hurt this morning, still does actually which serves me right! It's certainly true about the tolerance thing, it started to go to my head after half a glass :blushing:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    It's certainly true about the tolerance thing, it started to go to my head after half a glass :blushing:

I'm really going to have to try that...
  • lefrance12
    Options
    Am I wrong for thinking and calculating calories so I can drink? I found myself today thinking about how much food I could eat, my approximate "lushing after dark" and what I needed to do before lushing if at all to gain more calories. Whoa, this is like premeditated lushing, lol Happy Weekend Lushes:drinker: :drinker: :smokin:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Am I wrong for thinking and calculating calories so I can drink? I found myself today thinking about how much food I could eat, my approximate "lushing after dark" and what I needed to do before lushing if at all to gain more calories. Whoa, this is like premeditated lushing, lol Happy Weekend Lushes:drinker: :drinker: :smokin:

You're not the only one. I worked out what I could eat for dinner in order to allow for a beer!
  • nisijam5
    Options

You're not the only one. I worked out what I could eat for dinner in order to allow for a beer!

I vote for calculating it out seeing what you have to do to make it happen...rather, than, the next day saying "oh, man, I had alot of calories"...we're healthy lushes, afterall, right?
  • lefrance12
    Options
    Got my 10 glasses of water in already to help counter dehydration, lol. It seems not only are weekends difficult but the holidays make it feel like it is the weekend for a month. Gesh, everybody wants cocktails and food. I look at it this way, at least we are the ones who care about what we have done and what we need to do about it. Thanks to MFP and u guys. Ok, now I don't feel so bad.. Drinks on me!! Until tomorrow my Fellow Lushes, Cheers:drinker: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Drinks on me!!

I hope not literally:noway: :smokin:
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi all. Am pleased to say that the temperature started to rise around 9.00 pm last night and so by this morning most of the snow had gone. That meant I could drive to the next village to have the manicure that I had booked for today.

I don't mind snow for a short period; it looks pretty and I can stay nice and cosy looking at it through the window!! However, I soon get fed up with it when it gets packed down and then freezes so that I can't get the car out and I don't feel safe walking. No, today is so much better with no snow!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One of my grand-daughters, Ruby, is six just before Christmas - not a good time for a birthday!! So, she is having a birthday party tomorrow. She is sharing it with another little friend, also six, and their mothers have hired an entertainer to keep them all amused, so there shouldn't be too much for the rest of us to do except feed them at the appropriate time!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

On Wednesday evening the Christmas lights are being switched on in the village so my friend and I are hoping for a dry evening so that we can walk up to the High Street and join in the festivities.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Lushes, :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Pam
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, and I figured it was time to say something. I love to drink just like most of us, but understand it's effects on the diet. My solution: exercise the calories of the beer or liquor :)

Just wanted to say hi. Enjoying my 2nd Abita right now...Happy Saturday!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    lost count yesterday. I had a Kaluha coffee in the morning and a vodka soda in the afternoon then a Mikes spiced apple and then 2 pendeltons and then a whole bottle of cheap chardonnay and then more pendelton. Boy am I a lush. oh well there is always monday.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Welcome Adam...lushes unite here

Robin, my lushness extended into three straight days...I hope you had a great lushy time
  • territbo
    territbo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So happy to see a thread like this! I just joined mfp yesterday.

Glad to find Like minded folks here :-) I save calories just for my "adult beverage". Last night with my Veggie Delite Subway Sandwich I kicked back with a Sam Adams Holiday Porter and one for after dinner , cause its just that good.... Sunday's are for Mad Elf :-)
  • HerbieSue
    Options

I think you are doing it the right way, and I do it that way too so I don't go over my calories but enjoy my champagne! Hey, some people calculate so they can have cake at a party, or Friday night pizza, or pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving......................so what's wrong with us doing it too?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Moosehead, Kaluah and Brandy, oh my. Don't worry not all at once ;) But did exceed calzones even with skipping dinner (agreed not a healthy idea, but...) have a great Sunday night my fellow lushes! Dare I utter that nasty Monday morning around the corner. Son and daughter-in-law drama aside, am comitting myself to an alcohol free Monday thru Friday!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Lol, of course I meant calories not calzones, I log in on my phone and it likes to "correct" my spelling, ha! Have a great week everyone, I was up at 5 and done with my workout, ready for a drink-free week! Wish me luck, might be a tough one!
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Lol, of course I meant calories not calzones, I log in on my phone and it likes to "correct" my spelling, ha! Have a great week everyone, I was up at 5 and done with my workout, ready for a drink-free week! Wish me luck, might be a tough one!

Good luck! And I'm right there with you! I indulged entirely too much Friday and Saturday, both food and adult beverages, and didn't work out a bit! I way overate last night, too. So I've got some serious, serious making up to do. It's so hard to stay focused this time of year...on anything!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I totally don't eat during the day when I know I'm going to get my drink on...I know, I know, sooooo bad for me, but it's hard for me to workout on the weekends (darn kids, wanting to be, like, you know, FED and stuff! :laugh: )

Friday dance party was AWESOME!!! The band was pretty good and I danced my *kitten* off, which I'm sure counter-acted the 3 pomegranate vodka-sugar free red bulls and 1 Skinny B!tch that I had.

Saturday night we had a work-party thing (and the kids went to the grandparents) and I was pretty good: 2 pineapple vodka-SF red bulls, 2 small glassed of shiraz when I got there, and then a Skinny B!tch. I didn't eat a ton of junk there, but there was queso...my downfall. Fortunately, there wasn't a ton of it left, so I ate a few spoonfuls with chips and called it good.

I didn't drink yesterday, except for a sip of DH's beer--he got a new keg, so I had to do a taste-test. :drinker: I'm fighting a cold right now, so I'm thinking I'll abstain for a few days to get over it.

Happy Monday, y'all!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Continued lushness yesterday, began the day with coffee and kaluha and then onto champagne. Whats football without a Sam Adams Oktoberfest and a Mikes spiced apple. then I sipped on some vodka as a nightcap. I ate crap and I enjoyed every minute of it. Aiming for alcohol free but I am also completely stressed as my Unemployment runs out this week and job porspects don't look great.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I enjoyed my champagne yesterday too! I've been purchasing bags of cranberries because they are seasonal and really cheap right now. I freeze them and drop them into my champagne. I think the bitter bite at the end of the champagne glass may be helping with my cravings too!

I also blend a bag and use it on my toast, on muffins, add it to oatmeal and lots of recipes. I do love cranberries!