• rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We're hungry.

LOL :D
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Anger is just a mask for pain. Often times when someone acts angrily it's a desire to be corrected (oxymoron I know). And with the internet a perfect filter for anonymity, people often let their walls become transparent.

Funny, considering Pizza's posts a few up from yours.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I had a woman send me a PM once going OFF on me for "bullying" her and being "rude". I didn't even know who this woman was! I looked back at my previous posts and it was because I said she's probably not losing weight because she's eating too many calories. Just like that. :laugh: Crazy B. I just told her to please report me to a moderator if she felt anything I was saying was inappropriate.

People don't want to hear they're doing anything wrong. They want you to "support" them by patting them on the back and telling them they're doing everything right, and hang in there because it'll work eventually.

Then they rage quit because counting calories isn't working.
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I enjoy being angry on the internet coz generally, no one can stop me.
    :drinker:
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I enjoy being angry on the internet coz generally, no one can stop me.
    :drinker:

U Mad Sis? :laugh:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    In the real world you may have people filtering themselves more but on the internet you have the strongest filters of all
    Ignore
    Block
    And delete.

And that my friend, is more powerful than any angery person/troll.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I also think it's common for people to read anger in internet posts that isn't there. Someone might be saying something in a blunt way, but that doesn't mean they're angry. Maybe they're just typing in a hurry.

As for why people can't disagree nicely: http://cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/why-cant-humans-just-disagree-nicely/

This...I've seen people assume I was angry or ticked off when in fact I wasn't...with most people it takes a lot for an absolute stranger to make them angry...

I just don't sugar coat things...I am blunt and to the point.

About the only thing that has ticked me off here are these young women who have an eating disorder and random friends who don't seem to really get it..congratulate them on being under their calorie goals...I mean these are people without eating disorders just randomly liking that status or saying you go...and it just makes me shake my head really...then delete them from my friends list..

you go!!! :laugh:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    bluntness is often taken for snark.

also- some people are just angry and cranky and don't deal well with stupid.

In which case they need to stay away from stupid (often the internet)

Haha the only place online where bluntness is taken for snark is on MFP :laugh: :laugh: Never heard of the word snark until I came here
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    All the angry and mean people are likely blowing off steam to reduce their stress which reduces their cortisol level which aids in weight loss.