Like Minded Lushes - December

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I also blend a bag and use it on my toast, on muffins, add it to oatmeal and lots of recipes. I do love cranberries!

I made some cranberry upside down cake to DIE for...would go nice with your champagne
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Okay, recipe for that cranberry upside down cake?

I feel like crap...I'm really exhausted (and I've been pounding water and hot tea all day today.) My throat is killing me and I'm hacking up junk. I probably shouldn't work out, huh? (Basically, i don't wanna and I'm looking for someone to validate my decision. :smile: )

I think I might make some tea when I get home, pour in some brandy, and curl up and die.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes, really felt like I was suffering down the gym yesterday morning after my wine on Friday night and a bottle of beer on Saturday, boy have I turned into a light weight!
    Tomorrow night is my last trip down the gym for a while, I'm having some treatment on my back again this Wednesday and next Wednesday. I've booked some time off work and am not going back until the 20th December as I know from experience it will be really sore :( So I'm stressing about the actual procedure and the pain after and not being able to exercise properly for a while, took me 2 weeks to get over it last time. At least the treatment this time should give me up to a year relatively pain free even if it is supposed to be more painful at the time.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had a couple vodka sodas on Friday, then I was definitely over-served on Saturday but was able to sleep through the worst of it Sunday. I forgot to weigh in this morning, I don't want to know...
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi Lushes, really felt like I was suffering down the gym yesterday morning after my wine on Friday night and a bottle of beer on Saturday, boy have I turned into a light weight!
    Tomorrow night is my last trip down the gym for a while, I'm having some treatment on my back again this Wednesday and next Wednesday. I've booked some time off work and am not going back until the 20th December as I know from experience it will be really sore :( So I'm stressing about the actual procedure and the pain after and not being able to exercise properly for a while, took me 2 weeks to get over it last time. At least the treatment this time should give me up to a year relatively pain free even if it is supposed to be more painful at the time.

Hi Yvonne; will be thinking of you on the next two Wednesday and sincerely hope that the expectation is worse than the actual treatment. It sounds as if you are being very wise taking time off to give you time to recover. Don't stress about the absence of exercise for the time being. Just think how much more you will be able to do once you have gotten over the treatment to your back. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Best wishes
    Pam
  • Just_Dot
    Options

Hi Yvonne; will be thinking of you on the next two Wednesday and sincerely hope that the expectation is worse than the actual treatment. It sounds as if you are being very wise taking time off to give you time to recover. Don't stress about the absence of exercise for the time being. Just think how much more you will be able to do once you have gotten over the treatment to your back. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Best wishes
    Pam

This is soooo true. I had to take 3 years off due to an ankle injury (and 4 subsequent surgeries) and I'm so glad that I didn't push it. I'm getting back into "fighting shape" and my ankle is relatively pain free. Good luck with the treatments. :heart:
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Best wishes
    Pam

This is soooo true. I had to take 3 years off due to an ankle injury (and 4 subsequent surgeries) and I'm so glad that I didn't push it. I'm getting back into "fighting shape" and my ankle is relatively pain free. Good luck with the treatments. :heart:

Agreed! I was out of the gym for 5 weeks for my surgery and was very pleasantly surprised at how much muscle tone and stamina I retained. I was under doctor's orders to keep it really light for another month after that, but I'm back at 100%. Definitely don't worry about that. Just focus on recovery and the gym will be there when you're ready for it!
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Continued lushness yesterday, began the day with coffee and kaluha and then onto champagne. Whats football without a Sam Adams Oktoberfest and a Mikes spiced apple. then I sipped on some vodka as a nightcap. I ate crap and I enjoyed every minute of it. Aiming for alcohol free but I am also completely stressed as my Unemployment runs out this week and job porspects don't look great.

I'm so sorry things still look so bleak! I'd be living inside a bottle if I were in your situation. Stress and I...we don't play nicely. Stress usually beats me up and takes my lunch money. You've been so positive, and you have to dig deep and figure out how to stay there. Hopefully, things will take a turn after the first of the year when businesses aren't having to horde cash to keep shareholders/stockholders happy with shiny year-end reports, and when taxes, etc. become realities and known entities, they're in better shape to actually start hiring because they know what they're dealing with. That is my hope for the New Year because you deserve better!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Continued lushness yesterday, began the day with coffee and kaluha and then onto champagne. Whats football without a Sam Adams Oktoberfest and a Mikes spiced apple. then I sipped on some vodka as a nightcap. I ate crap and I enjoyed every minute of it. Aiming for alcohol free but I am also completely stressed as my Unemployment runs out this week and job porspects don't look great.

I'm so sorry things still look so bleak! I'd be living inside a bottle if I were in your situation. Stress and I...we don't play nicely. Stress usually beats me up and takes my lunch money. You've been so positive, and you have to dig deep and figure out how to stay there. Hopefully, things will take a turn after the first of the year when businesses aren't having to horde cash to keep shareholders/stockholders happy with shiny year-end reports, and when taxes, etc. become realities and known entities, they're in better shape to actually start hiring because they know what they're dealing with. That is my hope for the New Year because you deserve better!
    thank you for your kind words. I am sure it will all workout, I was just having a moment this morning. I am really going to try to stay alcohol free for a couple of days but if I don't you all know why.
  • iawierz
    Options

Friday dance party was AWESOME!!! The band was pretty good and I danced my *kitten* off, which I'm sure counter-acted the 3 pomegranate vodka-sugar free red bulls and 1 Skinny B!tch that I had.

Happy Monday, y'all!!

What is a skinny *****?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Monday = no drinks
    Tuesday = no drinks so far
    And yes it is 6am, but still there is kaluah in my fridge and not in my coffee ;-)
  • Just_Dot
    Options

Friday dance party was AWESOME!!! The band was pretty good and I danced my *kitten* off, which I'm sure counter-acted the 3 pomegranate vodka-sugar free red bulls and 1 Skinny B!tch that I had.

Happy Monday, y'all!!

What is a skinny *****?

Vodka, club soda, a full wedge of lemon and lime, squeezed into it. I usually just get the lime, but the lemon makes it a bit sweeter (if that makes any sense) and the only calories are from the vodka.

0 drinks last night. Still feeling like *kitten*.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hey there Lushes! Hope all is well! I haven't had anything to drink since mid November so that's good. Its my birthday week though and Sunday going to Disneyland and Saturday night going to a club so I may have some wine ... not sure. I always say I am not going to stress on calories on days like that but I know I will ... it's what keeps me in check.
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi Robin. Keep strong - we are all thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Bye for now, lushes

Pam :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind wishes. My session down the gym earlier was really good, one of those times when I have plenty of energy and the weights feel lighter! I needed it after the last couple of days at work to destress as I have been so busy tying up loose ends and handing over to my colleague before I am off for a bit. Just typical it's coincided with a really busy time at work.
    I know I need to relax and take a break in order to recover and get back on my feet but I am absolutely no good at doing it! Just like I'm absolutely no good at getting on with the assignment I'm supposed to be writing at the moment. I am being ridiculous about it, I'm stressed about my treatment so I'm just finding excuses not to get on with writing it but as it's hanging over me it's just making me more stressed! Lucky I have managed to get a weeks extension as it would have been due in on Thursday. Silly me, I must get back on track.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS last night so that I could have a glass of wine and stay under on cals, think I will do the same tonight, my husband and I are going to dinner.
    yvonne, stop procrastinating and start writing:wink:
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes! It has been awhile since I posted. Totally partaking in my lushness, so too busy to post :tongue:

I have been naughty since Thanksgiving. I really hope tonight is a zero drink night...

Hope you are doing well!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    So Tuesday night didn't go quite as planned....
    monday = no drinks
    tuesday = (is a beer and a shot one drink? or two? :wink: ) OK... 3 drinks :drinker: Man that Mudslide was YUMMY!!
    but I did manage to just squeek 20 past my calorie goal and got up early did 30 minutes shred DVD and walked the 3/4 of a mile to work (so I will probably walk at lunch, and I have to walk home... hopefully that helps!!)
    Happy Wednesday all!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Had a bottle of chardonnay last night. Today I have a phone interview for a contract posititon and I was told by my old boss that I would probably be getting an interview for another position. The thing is boeing doesn't hire in December so I won't have that interview or any others until January. I think things may be looking up.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Good Luck!! And January's not too far off!!